2009 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:
Great value
By Tony on 04/27/10 10:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

A lot of stuff for a little money: AWD, navigation, Bluetooth, steering wheel-mounted controls. Perfect winter/second car.

GREAT Little Car!
By peackno on 04/21/10 20:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Technology Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Suzuki and I couldn't be more pleased. For all of the standard equipment included, the value of this car can't be beat. I looked at and drove a lot of other small cars, but the SX4 came out on top. The 5 speed and good pickup makes it a very fun car to drive. Shifting is smooth as I buzz around town and parallel parking is a snap. I also do highway driving and it has sufficient power to hold its own. I was especially glad to have the on-demand 4WD during a VERY SNOWY winter. On several occasions, I zipped up snow-covered hills past other vehicles. NICE! Slip control is great! I'm getting 27-28 MPG on combined driving. I have gotten 30 MPG on highway.

Great features!
By Charly on 04/19/10 18:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan w/Technology Pkg, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle excels in the fun to drive department, at least with manual transmission. I like the exterior design. The fact that there are not too many sx4 in the streets, makes this car more attractive.

The fun 4 wheel drive
By Bernard on 04/04/10 15:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking to replace my Geo Tracker and wanted to have a 4 wheel on command with manual and excellent fuel economy. The SX4 stuck out as the smallest most fuel efficient in this class. The purchase price was another major component. I have the car now driven through one of toughest winters the Midwest had in a long time. The car performed without a glitch and I am very happy with y choice.

Amazing Value
By Jay on 03/22/10 07:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Suzuki vehicle. I owned a '02 Passat before, and wanted a more reliable & newer vehicle. However I didn't want to give up too many features. After test driving the SX4, I instantly became a fan. I love the small size of the car. Very easy to park and fun to drive. The AWD is outstanding in the snow. Love that it can be turned off to save fuel. Exterior design is unique & looks very European. The cloth seats are much more comfortable than the leather in my Passat. Road & engine noise are somewhat intrusive. Interior is comprised of hard plastics, however they have a high quality texture. The SX4's engine is sufficient for a 4-cyl. I'm obtaining around 25 mpg overall

I LOVE my little black rocket!
By Rob Merz on 03/13/10 20:06 PM (PST)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback w/Nav (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was quite torn as to what to buy. I looked at the KIA Soul, the MItsubishi Eclipse, the Subaru legacy, and the Suzuki sx4. First, let's prface this with, I know the eclipse is a whole different type of car. The Soul was very nice, drove nice, and had lots of options, but was just a bit too funky for my taste. the Subarus are nice too, but for far less money i was able to get the AWD suzuki. I fell in love with it at first sight! Mine has custom leather interior, carbon graphite accents, body moldings and custom wheels, so it looks different from the run of the mill Suzuki, but even the plain version is a kick to drive! I've had it for over a week, and still look forward to driving it!

Overall good
By Jon on 03/13/10 16:37 PM (PST)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback w/Technology Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2.5 mile commute and get 21 mpg overall. Handled great in the snow this winter. 3600 miles on it so far and working good. I had to replace one tire for a nail in the side wall and that cost $138 with taxes and fees.

Pleasant surprise & fun!
By crossover sx4 on 02/22/10 19:20 PM (PST)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Technology Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Came upon the sx4 by accident at a car max. Asked to drive one, was so impressed by the build , quality, responsiveness, very maneuverible, very fun to drive. Love the hatchback, you sit high looking over most cars, great visibility, had rails on top, got optional bike racks,very high quality at fraction of the cost of leading car tops. Looks sharp, have had so many compliments on this car. Upholstrey is comfortable, very supportive, fit and finish are very good. Love driving the stick, smooth shifting. Temp.gauge ,time and mpg display very visible. Beautiful red lighting at night, easy on eyes. The pop up navigation system is so convenient, works immediately, blue tooth connection, and MP3.

SX4 Upshift Nightmare
By Dodger on 01/21/10 17:01 PM (PST)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback w/Technology Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Do not buy an SX4 Crossover with manual shift!! When I test drove this car I noticed an odd tendency to over- rev when shifting up through the gears but put it down to my unfamiliarity with the car or to the engine being cold. I have driven stick shift cars for the last 35 years and was confident that a slight adjustment in driving style would avoid any issues. How wrong I was! The SX4 has a bizarre electronic throttle linkage that unpredictably decides to rev the engine in between gears when upshifting and no amount of adjustment in style can reliably avoid over-re

Refinements Abound
By andy on 12/30/09 10:32 AM (PST)

2009 Suzuki SX4 LE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My third Suzuki (Esteem, Aerio, now SX4) sedan. This is essentially an Aerio with all the needed refinements: shorter stick throw, stronger brakes (ABS), variable intermittent wipers, improved cornering stability, quieter all around, smoother engine, improved front bumper clearance, improved gas mileage (running 31.5 mpg all around with gentle driving), stronger AC, paint seems to hold the turtle wax better. Gearing is shorter so expect frequent up shifting BUT much stronger at lower RPM's so less frequent down shifting on inclines . Excellent road manners as high as 75 mph. No problems after 6 months and 3800 miles.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Suzuki SX4 in VA is:

$120 per month*