Used 2009 Suzuki SX4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Suzuki SX4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

Great little car!
By Sue

2009 Suzuki SX4 Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan w/Touring Pkg, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I went from a Nissan midsized truck to this little car (after an accident that totaled the truck). I paid a little over 11,000 for this "used" 2009 vehicle that has 10,000 miles on it when purchased. I live in MN. This little car gets 30 MPH in the city and at least 38 MPG on the hwy. Today it snowed 6 inches here and I drove my "little car" all over the place! It handled great. the front wheel drive pulls you right through the snow. I appreciate the higher seats,it makes it easier on the hips when getting in and out. I HIGHLY recommend this car and dont believe that it only gets 20 MPH. The navigation and radio/cd work well, and daily someone tells me they like the color:misty green!

higher seats; the sound of the engine (kinda like a race car; 35 miles per gallon

minor complaint only: The cruise control automatically turns off when the engine is turned off. I wish you didnt have to turn it back on every time you start the car.

Great features!
By Charly

2009 Suzuki SX4 Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan w/Technology Pkg, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle excels in the fun to drive department, at least with manual transmission. I like the exterior design. The fact that there are not too many sx4 in the streets, makes this car more attractive.

The bluetooth is excellent. The radio or CD will pause as you use the phone. The integrated GPS, even when it looks cheap, is extraordinarily useful.

Better gas mileage. 6th gear for the manual transmission (I believe that the 2010 already have it) and a button to open the trunk.

Refinements Abound
By andy

2009 Suzuki SX4 Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My third Suzuki (Esteem, Aerio, now SX4) sedan. This is essentially an Aerio with all the needed refinements: shorter stick throw, stronger brakes (ABS), variable intermittent wipers, improved cornering stability, quieter all around, smoother engine, improved front bumper clearance, improved gas mileage (running 31.5 mpg all around with gentle driving), stronger AC, paint seems to hold the turtle wax better. Gearing is shorter so expect frequent up shifting BUT much stronger at lower RPM's so less frequent down shifting on inclines . Excellent road manners as high as 75 mph. No problems after 6 months and 3800 miles.

Smooth, quiet ride makes for a calmer trip. Easy shifting. Excellent visibiity. Spacious trunk. Gas mileage is competitive in its class (To the person complaining about the low mpg: Initial readout is very low. You must run car a few hundred miles before producing accurate average readings. )

The Aerio's seat bottom was more level and firmer which made for greater lower back comfort. Could also use more leg room. (I'm 6'1", 165 lbs) Not an issue for short trips but I suspect that I'll need a firm seat pad for touring.

Best Car I ever owned!!!!!
By Alex

2009 Suzuki SX4 Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've traded my Honda civic for this car and it was worth it!!! Immaculate reliability and I average 28 mpg city. I got this car for a little less than 12 thousand and I have been very satisfied!! My mom convinced me to get it because she had an Aerio with 267,000 miles with no problems! Great warranty! I call her Suzy and the girls like her too, they tell me she's cute. But overall, great car for the money, get yourself a Suzy and stop paying $20,000 + for Hondas and Toyotas, power windows are not even standard in the base price! This car is worth every penny and it's Japanese quality. Could you imagine if it had more horsepower?

power windows STANDARD, airbags, navigation, style, rims

Put more horsies under the hood! Keep up with the good work Suzuki, BRING BACK THE SWIFT AND JIMNY!!!!!

Suzuki SX4
By Tom S.

2009 Suzuki SX4 Sedan LE 4dr Sedan w/Popular Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a nice small - medium size car. Has a very strong engine (for its category), a lot of space and it is priced better than the competition.

Strong engine, fun to drive, reasonable space, appropriately priced, nice warranty.

Better radio or no radio at all.