2009 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:
A Lackluster Car
By ravfjr on 06/05/14 10:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback w/Technology Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I used to own a 1998 Suzuki Swift, and this car was bullet-proof. It gave me 300K miles of pure reliability. Not so with my SX4... This car is sub-standard in quality and in performance. And to top it off, Suzuki has vacated the U.S., so good luck getting service. My closest service provider is over 2 hours away...

48000 miles now
By smithjon on 06/13/12 09:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Technology Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had to do regular maintenance items no unexpected surprises. The tires have been replaced and regular oil changes at 7000 miles. AT service at around 36000. 25.2 MPG over the 48000 miles.

No Complaints So Far...
By spudcav on 04/21/12 06:40 AM (PDT)

Purchased the car used in November 2011 with 21,400 miles. Six thousand miles later I have had zero problems. I have only changed fluids and rotated tires. Traded a 4-cyl Ford Ranger for the SX4. Gas mileage for both vehicles is the same: 27 city/30 highway. However the SX4 has AWD, a primary reason for the purchase. It supposedly carries the lowest MSRP of any AWD vehicle sold in the U.S. Although after owning the SX4 six months, nothing on it appears cheap. The glowing consumer reviews on Edmunds sealed the deal (thanks EdmundsÂ’ readers). It is a tall vehicle which probably explains the high wind noise which becomes annoying at speeds greater than 80mph. Also the engine needs a

Suzuki SX4 2009 Review
By tarias on 02/24/12 11:44 AM (PST)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback w/Technology Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm very happy with this car. I have a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids under 13 years of age). We have a SUV too but we use this vehicle for most of our daily driving,trips and errands. I especially like the amount of torque the car has when carrying 5 people. You barely notice any power loss with 5 passengers and I'm not scared to get on the highway with it. We traded in a Honda CRV because of that problem. I have 45k+ miles on it and it's been very reliable. Aside from routine maintenance like oil changes, wiper blades and air filter, I've done nothing. Brakes will need to be changed at 50k miles. Tires need changing now at 45k. My view of Suzuki has positively changed with this vehicle

Tires and brakes
By sandy93 on 01/31/12 03:02 AM (PST)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and had nothing but problems, The brake pads had to be replaced every three months, Tires only lasted about 9 000 miles and it has been nothing but a money pit. When I called Suzuki they just blew me off. I would not recommend this car to anyone. What a joke.

Sharp peppy thing!
By ronman114 on 01/14/11 09:28 AM (PST)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We just bought this car used with 19200 miles. It is in excellent shape and feels like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Shifting is smooth and easy. Love the looks of it inside and out. Features on dash well placed and everything very visible. I like the buttons on the steering wheel but would prefer they were lit for nighttime driving. 2WD and AWD selections are amazingly easy and SO handy in bad weather. I'm sure this car handles better than those crossovers and pickups that don't have AWD. Love heated seats, higher driving position, huge windshield and heated side mirrors. So many perks for such a small price! Cons are:wish it had better fuel economy and the gas tank is too small.

Great little car!
By Sue on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan w/Touring Pkg, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I went from a Nissan midsized truck to this little car (after an accident that totaled the truck). I paid a little over 11,000 for this "used" 2009 vehicle that has 10,000 miles on it when purchased. I live in MN. This little car gets 30 MPH in the city and at least 38 MPG on the hwy. Today it snowed 6 inches here and I drove my "little car" all over the place! It handled great. the front wheel drive pulls you right through the snow. I appreciate the higher seats,it makes it easier on the hips when getting in and out. I HIGHLY recommend this car and dont believe that it only gets 20 MPH. The navigation and radio/cd work well, and daily someone tells me they like the color:misty green!

Awesome little car!
By Olivia on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had my SX4 for a few days, so I don't really know how reliable or durable it is yet, but I have a feeling that it won't give me too many problems. My SX4 is the 2009 "Touring Edition" sport wagon with AWD, and it had 6,000 miles on it when I bought it. I fell in love with these cars as soon as they came out (the sport wagons, not so much the sedans), and I knew that if I ever needed to get rid of my Jeep in favor of better gas mileage, this would be the car I'd get. Low and behold, my hubby and I have to move to another state with a warmer climate where I won't need 4x4 anymore, so I got my SX4! It's a great looking little car that's super fun to drive.

Great car
By MtTop on 07/16/10 17:48 PM (PDT)

My son bought a used 2008 SX4, I liked it so much I bought the 2009 model. I have bought over 10 new cars in my life, but this car is by far the MOST FUN to drive. I've had it about a year now, and I still look forward to driving it. It's that much fun. Excellent AWD, used it many time in Northeast PA. No worry about shoveling, just put it in AWD and go, let the FWD car people shovel. Plenty power for passing and cruising. Spent many 6 hr drives to Boston and never get tired or uncomfortable driving it. Avg about 30 mpg to and from work, 44 miles both ways, with city and interstate driving. Bought the iPod adapter and also factory fog lights. Very easy to install. BUY ONE!

Excellent and Fun.
By DDay on 06/07/10 13:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Enjoying this car every-time I get in and drive. The fact that I can switch from 2 wheel to all wheel to locking into 4x4 mode is brilliant. The car handles well and has an upscale approach to styling and material. Two thumbs up and I have owned aver 18 cars in my life.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Suzuki SX4 in VA is:

$127 per month*