Went down hill quick...
By raninator84 on
2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car new in 2008 for $17,800, looking for a reliable vehicle with AWD. The car was great to me for the first 60k miles. At around 70k I had a rod knock, it turned out that my motor had slipped two bearings, I took it to the dealer(under warranty) and the job required an entirely new short block! I have owned 5 vehicles and have never thrown a bearing! The car hit 100k I had a broken slave cylinder so out of warranty this was a $1300 job (over 2000 at the dealer!), and at 106k my engine has a rod knock again! I will be trading it in tomorrow for a camry to avoid the $3,000 it would take to fix again. I will never buy a Suzuki again, and if you do, listen for the rod knock!
Favorite Features
Visibility, but other than that I Can't think of any, it's a mediocre car, I didn't buy it to be blown away, I bought it to be reliable and in the end I didn't even get that.
Suggested Improvements
Bigger gas tank, better quality speakers, needs a quieter cabin, better gas mileage. Stronger dealership support. Try not designing the car to give up after 100k miles!