My Little White Tank
By CtYank42 on
2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
This is my third Suzuki automobile, having owned an 88 Chevy Sprint and a 93 GEO Metro. While the little three bangers were great on gas, and very dependable, they weren't nearly as well built and fun to drive as my SX4 Sport. One of the reasons I bought another Suzuki - my seventh including four motorcycles - is the build quality of the Japanese built models. I considered a Forenza and a Verona but I wasn't comfortable with the quality control reports on the South Korean built cars. My SX4 Sport has two wheel drive (all the four sedans are 2WD) and it handles better than any small car I've ever owned, including an 02 SVT Focus. I haven't averaged less than 31MPG in 3000 miles. Fun
Favorite Features
This car is an absolute blast to drive. I haven't ruled out competing in SCCA SoloII autocross events next year. The 17 inch alloy wheels and premium 50 series Dunlop tires add to the driving pleasure. The comfortable interior is surprisingly roomy and the trunk is huge. Best value for the money.
Suggested Improvements
I'd like to see a fold down rear seat even with the steel cross bracing. Long objects like ladders etc. would fit easily. A rear window wiper would be appreciated along with a louder directional signal buzzer. If Suzuki builds a Turbo Rallye version of this car I'll be first in line to buy one.