Used 2008 Suzuki SX4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

Under the radar value
By DavidW

2008 Suzuki SX4 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is an amazing deal and has been terrific so far! It flies under the radar screen because Suzuki doesn't seem to promote their cars too well. I'm glad I did the research and found it. After 7,000 miles, no problems at all and I love driving it!

Fun to drive, been reliable to far, simple to use displays, smooth ride, great freeway ride.

Could use a bit more pickup. Sides of the seats are made of a different material that stain really easily and I can't get it out.

Best car for the money and fun to drive
By Bob ( Florida )

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport Road TRIP Ed 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars that I have owned. Fun to drive very responsive, lots of interior room, a very good ride for a smaller car. With all the extras like climate control,cruise control, outside temp. indicator, computer for milage P/G and fuel distance left in tank, all the control are handy. Suzuki did a fine job putting this vehicle together. I would recommed that anyone looking for a car take a good look at this one before making your mind up on a purchase of a car like this.

How EZ and fun it is to drive and the comfort.

I think that it show have a larger gas tank but it is large enough for my needs.

2008 Suzuki SX4
By BrendanB

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car for my first car, and it is pretty impressive considering the price. At first, it felt very slightly underpowered, considering that I was used to driving a car with 260 horsepower, but in reality, it isn't bad. The handling on it is amazing. It takes turns quickly and the tires stick to the road well. I live in Pennsylvania, and the traction control and AWD make it a very good car for snow. Also, the touring package comes with a 9-speaker 6-CD changer, which sounds amazing. It is probably one of the best car stereos I've heard. The only small downside is I have only been getting 20 mpg, but that's using full throttle a lot. Overall I am very satisfied with this purchase.

AWD Traction Control CD changer Handling

Make the gas tank larger than 11 gallons

Charming but...........
By Edward

2008 Suzuki SX4 Road TRIP Ed 4dr Hatchback w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife who had just learned to drive (foreigner) and she absolutely loves it. It is spacious for a small car with plenty of room in the trunk for a full size suit case laid down flat. The car lacks power which they advertise as more than a MINI, but you really have to put your foot into it or use gear 1 to launch it and to merge onto Interstate traffic. Radio is sufficient (4 speaker single Cd player) Head room is great for tall people we are not AWD is not perm. but can be locked in as long as driving below 30mph. I had a 350z before this so this car can not be compared to but is still funish to drive.

AWD or sense of it when driving in harsh weather, mostly rain in TN. Cheap to purchase as long as you do not get the sunroof and upgraded wheels and NAV system

More power, bigger gas tank, permanent AWD

Regrettable purchase
By tlong

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the very first brand new vehilce purchase I have ever made. I am quite disappointed. The exterior paint is "cheap & sensitive" (scratches down to the metal extremely easily, I have had to pay for protectant because of bird droppings marking it). The interior "plastic" (dash, doors)scratch extremely easily, and the upholstery snags like mad as well. The little windows on the front sides create blind spots. The window sticker when I bought it said avg mpg 30 highway and I have not ever gotten above 25-26mpg. Small gas tank. Cruise control is not standard neither are arm rests. Not terribly comfortable. Hard to handle in strong winds. Back seat not much leg room. Not "family" car

Dash design is okay. Accessable controls. Car has a good sporty look. Trunk space is pretty good.

Better gas mileage, bigger tank. Better quality paint. Better quality upholstery. Plastic that does not scratch so easily. Cruise control and arm rest standard. Folding back seats. More interior leg room. A way to have items on passenger seat without having to buckle them in b/c of airbag alarm.

• SUV