Used 2008 Suzuki SX4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

I must disagree - I love this car
By Indiana Gal

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport Road TRIP Ed 4dr Sedan w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have to reply to a couple of earlier posts. I get from 26.5 to 29 mpg on my daily driving (40 miles round trip) so I was surprised about the rating. Also I'm still driving on the first set of tires at 17,500 miles. I read a review that listed 3 sets of tires in the first 20,000 miles. It does seem to have blind spots when trying to back up, but overall it is easy to drive and easy to park. It has a huge trunk, large enough for luggage for 4 on a 5 day trip. I bought this used with 7,000 miles and now over 17,000 and have not had any repairs at all.

The large trunk and extra head room. It is comfortable for even a 6'2" 285# man. I had the windows tinted and a remote start added - totally love it.

My biggest complaint is the headrests seemed to push my head forward, I reversed them and I'm sure it's not as safe but I can drive more comfortable. And the fact that you have to fasten the front seatbelt if you have anything setting in the seat.

17' Inch tires are really bad
By Stacey

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport Road TRIP Ed 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love driving my car, however I have put on 17,000 miles and I am getting ready to put on the 3rd set of tires. Dealership says these cars eat tires and I agree! At $200.00 a pop for 205/50R17 they are expensive!

The GPS

better tire quality

Great crossover for what you pay for
By jayman2176

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is kind of tricky since I owned a 28,000 dollar jetta before this car. It gets pretty good gas millage for have allwheel drive I get 28.1 though 29.0 mpg most of the time but not in winter winter I see about 20-24 mpg I live in Indiana so I see alot of snow. I love the room in this car with a wheel base of 98 I can sure fit alot of cargo with the seats down. I love the sound system I got the 9 speaker premium sound and it pretty good. Note though my jetta had a eight speaker sound system that sound just as good with better bass and had no subwoofer in it. Love the no key start now I hate using other peoples cars. Basically a good car for the 18 thousand.

No key start, Sound system Cargo room All wheel drive 7 year warranty

It need a 5 speed auto would put the mpgs in the mid 30. The glass in the liftgate to have a separete pop up. Also the allwheel drive to have a full lock not one that cuts off at 36 mph. May push out the body a few more inches so you can get the average wheel base to 102 inches

Under the radar value
By DavidW

2008 Suzuki SX4 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is an amazing deal and has been terrific so far! It flies under the radar screen because Suzuki doesn't seem to promote their cars too well. I'm glad I did the research and found it. After 7,000 miles, no problems at all and I love driving it!

Fun to drive, been reliable to far, simple to use displays, smooth ride, great freeway ride.

Could use a bit more pickup. Sides of the seats are made of a different material that stain really easily and I can't get it out.

Best car for the money and fun to drive
By Bob ( Florida )

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport Road TRIP Ed 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars that I have owned. Fun to drive very responsive, lots of interior room, a very good ride for a smaller car. With all the extras like climate control,cruise control, outside temp. indicator, computer for milage P/G and fuel distance left in tank, all the control are handy. Suzuki did a fine job putting this vehicle together. I would recommed that anyone looking for a car take a good look at this one before making your mind up on a purchase of a car like this.

How EZ and fun it is to drive and the comfort.

I think that it show have a larger gas tank but it is large enough for my needs.