2008 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:
Little but roomy
By Wasack on 11/19/09 13:01 PM (PST)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a large man and getting in and out of the SX4 is a bit of a clown act but once inside it's quite roomy and comfortable. Adequate leg room and I can even wear a cap if I so desire. Mileage has averaged 26/29. Slow down a bit and get 33mpg hwy. Handling is excellent even in windy conditions. Currently 24,000 on the clock and it's not required any maintenance. The only thing irritating is the red panel lights. Very hard to see on sunny days. The steering wheel controls are not lit making their use difficult at night. Would I buy another one? You betcha! Great value for the dollar.

Good snow car but rattles
By mountainlife on 11/02/09 15:03 PM (PST)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the second Suzuki I have owned. The first one (Sidekick) was tough as nails and very reliable. We put over 100k tough miles on it with virtual no repairs. I hope the same for this one. The engine takes a while to break in and I have noticed an increase in mileage and performance after ~20k miles. It is not quick but will pull the 10 mile grade up to my house with the cruise on and set to 70 mph. I live in the mountains and it really snows up here. The factory tires were terrible and wore out quickly. I replaced them with Michelin's which are great. The car rides and handles great but it has several rattles after one year. For the money it is a good buy but I just hate rattles.

Great Value
By stockton2007 on 10/30/09 13:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased new in May 08. Base sport sedan, 5spd, no options. Total discounts $1700 + free gas card and 0% for 60 mo = Fansatic Deal. The car is great for its' class, huge trunk, excellent headroom, backseeat fits my son's car seat well. Interior is a clean look but lots of plastic (remember the $15k price). exterior is stylish and actually has alloy wheels! MPG is 25-27 which isn't bad but is low for this catagory of cars. It has some pep with the 5spd but is by no means "fast". Drives well and has a decent feel for the road. Has had good traction in rain and snow even with the FWD sedan.

I must disagree - I love this car
By Indiana Gal on 10/14/09 09:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport Road TRIP Ed 4dr Sedan w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have to reply to a couple of earlier posts. I get from 26.5 to 29 mpg on my daily driving (40 miles round trip) so I was surprised about the rating. Also I'm still driving on the first set of tires at 17,500 miles. I read a review that listed 3 sets of tires in the first 20,000 miles. It does seem to have blind spots when trying to back up, but overall it is easy to drive and easy to park. It has a huge trunk, large enough for luggage for 4 on a 5 day trip. I bought this used with 7,000 miles and now over 17,000 and have not had any repairs at all.

17' Inch tires are really bad
By Stacey on 08/31/09 12:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport Road TRIP Ed 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love driving my car, however I have put on 17,000 miles and I am getting ready to put on the 3rd set of tires. Dealership says these cars eat tires and I agree! At $200.00 a pop for 205/50R17 they are expensive!

Great crossover for what you pay for
By jayman2176 on 07/15/09 08:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is kind of tricky since I owned a 28,000 dollar jetta before this car. It gets pretty good gas millage for have allwheel drive I get 28.1 though 29.0 mpg most of the time but not in winter winter I see about 20-24 mpg I live in Indiana so I see alot of snow. I love the room in this car with a wheel base of 98 I can sure fit alot of cargo with the seats down. I love the sound system I got the 9 speaker premium sound and it pretty good. Note though my jetta had a eight speaker sound system that sound just as good with better bass and had no subwoofer in it. Love the no key start now I hate using other peoples cars. Basically a good car for the 18 thousand.

Under the radar value
By DavidW on 07/09/09 09:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is an amazing deal and has been terrific so far! It flies under the radar screen because Suzuki doesn't seem to promote their cars too well. I'm glad I did the research and found it. After 7,000 miles, no problems at all and I love driving it!

Best car for the money and fun to drive
By Bob ( Florida ) on 06/14/09 15:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport Road TRIP Ed 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars that I have owned. Fun to drive very responsive, lots of interior room, a very good ride for a smaller car. With all the extras like climate control,cruise control, outside temp. indicator, computer for milage P/G and fuel distance left in tank, all the control are handy. Suzuki did a fine job putting this vehicle together. I would recommed that anyone looking for a car take a good look at this one before making your mind up on a purchase of a car like this.

2008 Suzuki SX4
By BrendanB on 05/22/09 20:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car for my first car, and it is pretty impressive considering the price. At first, it felt very slightly underpowered, considering that I was used to driving a car with 260 horsepower, but in reality, it isn't bad. The handling on it is amazing. It takes turns quickly and the tires stick to the road well. I live in Pennsylvania, and the traction control and AWD make it a very good car for snow. Also, the touring package comes with a 9-speaker 6-CD changer, which sounds amazing. It is probably one of the best car stereos I've heard. The only small downside is I have only been getting 20 mpg, but that's using full throttle a lot. Overall I am very satisfied with this purchase.

Charming but...........
By Edward on 05/03/09 20:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Road TRIP Ed 4dr Hatchback w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife who had just learned to drive (foreigner) and she absolutely loves it. It is spacious for a small car with plenty of room in the trunk for a full size suit case laid down flat. The car lacks power which they advertise as more than a MINI, but you really have to put your foot into it or use gear 1 to launch it and to merge onto Interstate traffic. Radio is sufficient (4 speaker single Cd player) Head room is great for tall people we are not AWD is not perm. but can be locked in as long as driving below 30mph. I had a 350z before this so this car can not be compared to but is still funish to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.