Used 2008 Suzuki SX4 Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Reviews

2008 Suzuki SX4

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

Tough, economical car back roads and city traffic
By mistyridgeman

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Convenience Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2.0 liter engine with manual 5-speed is snappy and responsive. Drop it into 4th on the highway and you have plenty of passing power. On back roads, it clings to gravel and dirt, and it handles great in snow (assuming you actually know how to drive in snow). This car has walked through mud, snow, tall weeds, and easily navigates city streets (drove it through downtown Chicago with ease). The newer six-speeds lack the snap and downshifting is finicky, so I'll be keeping my 5-speed rather than trading up. Best car in its class, especially for the money.

The selectable drivetrain (FWD, AWD or 4WD). The responsive 5-speed transmission shifts well both up and down; much better than the 6-speed in newer models. It has more sure-footedness and handling in all situations, including dirt roads and snow, than the Rav4 and CRV (I have owned and driven all three). It is on par with the Forester. Hatch wide enough to store optional crossbars (whether hauling kayaks or IKEA boxes ... ).

Less-sensitive/delicate tire sensors (often come one even when tires are inflated properly). Better visibility between windshield and door window (the A-window is too small) -- rounding corners can cause blind spots.

over 100,000 and not a problem!
By diddiegirl

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this little car in June on 2008.
I drive from Maine to Boston to work over 160 miles at a time.
Thankfully I have never had a single problem with the car and I am on only my second set of tires with lots of tread to go.
I have put on one set of brake pads and done a lot of oil changes, but that is all.
Gas mileage is about 27mpg, but I must say I do not always follow the speed limits!
I just read with a different air filter it may increase my mpg, so I'm going to give it a try.
Great in the snow and reliable, low maintainance, and room enough for most everything but a sheet of plywood!! :)
No complaints here! (ok one, I wish the gas tank were bigger!)

bigger gas tank

Suzuki Sx4 Review
By bblessing

2008 Suzuki SX4 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have always been an owner of a Nissan vehicle and I thought it was time for a change; that's where the Suzuki SX4 comes in!
I saw a picture of it on a local website and it had me intrigued from the start.
It's a very small vehicle compared to what I normally buy, but don't let the small size fool you.
I am six foot and I have plenty of room and do not feel cramped at all.
I live in a small populated area where the nearest city is thirty minutes away and I enjoy the ride every time, especially with how good the car is on gas and how smooth it rides.

The smooth driving of the vehicle definitely makes the long rides more enjoyable.
I can make sharp turns wit

08 SX4 Crossover... Lemons, cheap but expensive to fix
By kestral

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great until about 35k. Both rear wheel bearings replaced. Both front struts broke in half. Right front stabilizer bar broke. Car still makes a weird clunk when turning and rattles when it goes over bumps. Dealership is horrible for warranty. The passenger air bag light says off when passenger is in seat with seat belt on. Dealership unpluged battery and said all is well, I get 20 miles down the road and it does the same thing. Very unsafe vehicles. Road bumps will throw car around. Good luck going thru snow. Doesn't even handle 4". All around poor vehicle. No more Suzuki for me.

Don't have any

Quit designing cars. Stick with motorcycles.

Will spend alot of time at the shop!
By tbarlow2

2008 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My girlfriend purchased a 2008 SX4 new.
She drives to and from work.
She had it a little over 3 years and only 20,000 miles.
Since it's over 3 years, now out of warranty. The a/c just went out and now going to cost over $1000 to fix it.
Asked service advisor at dealership if this means we will have to pay over $1000 every 20k miles and said he did not know!
I'm trying to talk my girlfriend into trading it in for another brand that will hold up.

Not much.

Would not know where to start. Lets start with better parts for the a/c system for one thing.