Used 2008 Suzuki SX4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

Great ride
By carguru29

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport Road TRIP Ed 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After being a loyal fan of the VW Golf, I was in the market for a new ride. I chose the SX4 sport touring edition, and it has been perfect. faster, better traction and handles better than any of my Golfs, and better than the wife's Honda.It has a lot better design too. Its a car worth looking if your shopping in the price range.

design, steering wheel controls, way it handles

moonroof

SX4 is a safe vehicle
By talismanphl

2008 Suzuki SX4 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have written before about my SX4 Sport sedan. It was totaled over a month ago when a brand new Chevy Impala rental car sideswiped it after the Chevy ran a red light, collided with cross traffic, and crashed into my car as I was crossing the intersection at about 40 mph. The Impala hit my SX4 in the rear drivers side door and ripped the left rear wheel off the Suzuki. The side impact airbags saved me from serious injury according to the police and the EMTs.

Side impact airbags!

Suzuki needs a bigger dealership network in the US and the SX4 has terrible resale value for that reason. Suzuki parts are very expensive. I bought a Ford Focus SES sedan as a replacement vehicle because it will hopefully hold its value better - but I would highly recommend the SX4 Sport to friends!

Better than Honda, Toyota, Nissan or any
By importuner

2008 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Everything from the fantastic customer service to the ease of ownership of this car have been awesome. The car rides, drives, feels and performs better and more comfortably than the other compacts I test drove. Over the course of 6 mos, I drove a Civic twice, Corolla, Hyundai Elantra, Nissan Sentra and Kia, still the clear choice was the sx4, it feels so much safer, solid and substantial.

100K warranty, navigation, no timing belt(instead it has a maintenance free timing chain) which means like European cars the engine should last 2- 300K without major issues! the 17" wheels are awesome too

sunroof option would be nice, as would leather interior.

85,000+ miles and counting
By rforrister

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I drive this car 108 miles a day. Avg 32 mpg. This is the best car I have ever purchased. I took it to Colorado and it had no problem pulling the mountains. For those who say the engine is not strong enough. Purchase a K&N Air filter made a world of difference in the cars performance.

Seats took a while to break in but have plenty of support for my aching back.

Arm rest for drivers seat should be mandatory.

2008 Suzuki SX4 4dr Wagon AWD Automatic
By Ran

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Recently purchased the car from carmax for $10k and didn't feel like I was being ripped off from a dealership and so far it's been great. It gives me everything that I really need. Automatic Windows, a/c, and reliability. I've owned many other cars but as I've "matured" this car is perfect for me right now. Doesn't go fast therefore eliminating speeding tickets, definitely within my reduced budget from a few years ago, and it takes me from point a to point b.

It's a simple car. who really needs all those bells and whistles after all? I get in it, turn the key, and take off. Not very fast but I go. :)

arm rest, bigger fuel tank, interior latch for the hatch door, and a little more horsepower. Suzuki should do more in marketing the vehicle in the USA. It's a nice little car