Used 2008 Suzuki SX4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

A great decision to buy this car
By Cheyenne Driver

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car for safety, air bag protection, and traction in snow and ice in Wyoming. Also zero percent financing. It is the best decision we have ever made. My wife loves this car and we have driven to Denver, Estes Park, Yoder Wyoming with no problems.

Good steering, good visability, and comfort for four people

Arm rest in front seat. Bigger gas tank, and better paint protection bumpers on front doors and rear doors from Wal Mart parking dings.

A Great Performer
By napagreg

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I test-drove the Chevrolet Cobalt, Mazda 3, and Nissan Sentra. For the money, the Suzuki SX4 Sport is the best. The Cobalt would have cost $20 less a month (purchase), but was the no- options, manual-windows-and-all version in white (no other colors available at that dealer). The Mazda 3 was fun, and well optioned. But it was $20 more a month. The Nissan was funny. Neat interrior, but weird seats and looks. And it was about $30 more a month. Now, the Suzuki SX4 Sport had all the options of the Mazda 3, the cool interior similar to the Sentra, and only a little more expensive than the base-model Cobalt. The paint is fantastic, I got the dark grey. And it drives like a sport sedan.

I love the large 17" tires on rims, the biggest of all the vehicles I compared it to. Evidently this is stock, not an option. And the interior feels like a cockpit with the neat triangular windows ahead of the A-pillars. The high roof fits a 6-foot person like me well. And the stereo is great.

No stock input for an MP3 player. Requires the purchase and install of a $180 interface. The enormous "S" on the grille seems too big for the face of the car. Should be smaller. Non-folding rear seats does give the car rigidity (there are frame braces there instead of a hole), but is uniquely odd.

The little car that could.
By SX4 Soprt

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the SX4 in December of 07. Being my first new car it has been the best compared to my 91 Lincoln Mark 7 and my 95 Mazda 626. It feels like you're doing laps around a go-cart track. It's always eager to downshift wich makes it hit that right note at all times. My mom even wanted to borrow it and she has a 07 BMW 3 series. She loved it until she crashed it. Wasn't anything major but the front bumper, radiator, grill and headlight needed replcing and she still rides the same if not better then the day I got her. It's funny how the first accident my mom's ever gotten in. It had to be my brand new SX4 but you wouldn't even notice the dealership did an excelent job, another great thing about SX4

I love the way it take curves, it gets the addrenaline pumping compared to my old cars. The 17's are a definite plus, compared to others that mostly only come with caps. One thing ide suggest is to look at it coming up fast in the rearview mirror. It looks intimidating which is never bad.

Needs a bigger gas tank, and though I love that there is no visible antenna it needs better reception, it can fade out real easily sometimes.

Great little ecoonomy car
By BentimesX2

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Overall this is a fun to drive little car. It handles the curves surprisingly well and has decent power for an auto. I had a modified Subaru and the Suzuki hugs the curves just as good in stock form. Not the fastest car on earth but it will put a smile on your face. So far we have put nearly 5000 miles on the odometer with no issues. Our sedan has the optional 17" black painted wheels with machined face and they really set the car apart. With the addition of front fog lamps it looks great. So far gas mileage is on par with the sticker but we have yet to get over 30mi to a gallon even on a 175 mile one way trip to the beach we never got over 26mi to a gallon.

I love the brakes on this car.You can stop on a dime. The exterior styling is very nice and much different than anything else on the market. The trunk space is great and interior space as well. We can fit a full size car seat in the middle with a booster seat on each side in the back with no problem.

I think the interior is cheaply made from thin plastic and could stand for improvement. The stereo system is not the greatest either. I have already replaced all the speakers with Infinity pieces and still find the system to be poor in sound quality. There is room for improvement. True economy car.

I love my new car
By chasinky

2008 Suzuki SX4 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My new car! How great is it to get a great, new car under 20k. For a young woman of 23 years, awesome! I love my car and think I will continue to be a Suzuki owner for a long, long time.

The exterior design...so much better than that car that it is compared to so often..umm (Focus)

I would love it even more if I had a little more elbow room.