2008 Suzuki SX4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:
Three years strong...
By princesskiara on 03/11/14 14:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it used, and I've had my SX4 for just shy of 3 years, and have had no mechanical issues. It will reach 80k miles this month, and the only things I've done are replaced the tires and front brake pads, plus the regular 30k services and oil changes. Love the keyless ignition and entry, love the fuel range module (I get an average of 27mpg, up to 40 on road trips), love how I sit in it and that the windshield doesn't feel like it's too close to my forehead. :) The only issue I have is the suspension--feels like it needs stabilization when I hit bumps on corners. It rides nice, however, and feels very safe in all other conditions. Never had any problems on snow or ice. :)

Suzuki Sx4 Review
By bblessing on 09/28/11 12:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have always been an owner of a Nissan vehicle and I thought it was time for a change; that's where the Suzuki SX4 comes in! I saw a picture of it on a local website and it had me intrigued from the start. It's a very small vehicle compared to what I normally buy, but don't let the small size fool you. I am six foot and I have plenty of room and do not feel cramped at all. I live in a small populated area where the nearest city is thirty minutes away and I enjoy the ride every time, especially with how good the car is on gas and how smooth it rides. The smooth driving of the vehicle definitely makes the long rides more enjoyable. I can make sharp turns wit

Great ride
By carguru29 on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sedan Sport Road TRIP Ed 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After being a loyal fan of the VW Golf, I was in the market for a new ride. I chose the SX4 sport touring edition, and it has been perfect. faster, better traction and handles better than any of my Golfs, and better than the wife's Honda.It has a lot better design too. Its a car worth looking if your shopping in the price range.

SX4 is a safe vehicle
By talismanphl on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have written before about my SX4 Sport sedan. It was totaled over a month ago when a brand new Chevy Impala rental car sideswiped it after the Chevy ran a red light, collided with cross traffic, and crashed into my car as I was crossing the intersection at about 40 mph. The Impala hit my SX4 in the rear drivers side door and ripped the left rear wheel off the Suzuki. The side impact airbags saved me from serious injury according to the police and the EMTs.

85,000+ miles and counting
By rforrister on 07/20/10 21:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I drive this car 108 miles a day. Avg 32 mpg. This is the best car I have ever purchased. I took it to Colorado and it had no problem pulling the mountains. For those who say the engine is not strong enough. Purchase a K&N Air filter made a world of difference in the cars performance.

GREAT LITTLE CAR
By Happy in NJ on 01/03/10 13:22 PM (PST)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2008 Suzuki SX4 4-door sedan 5-speed manual with Touring package. I researched a lot of cars and read tons of reviews before I settled on the SX4. The value of the car brand new in Feb 2009 was $18k. I paid about $16k after all taxes and all fees. I have never regretted it for a second. It drives great, it has never had any problems and I'm still happy with it after 11 months. It has traction control which comes in very handy in NJ in snow, icy roads and rain. I get about 30 mpg combined city and highway driving consistently. The trunk has a lot of space and the inside is roomy. Overall this is a great car with loads of features for a good price.

Great Car for a Great Price w/ toys
By Shelltop on 11/30/09 18:37 PM (PST)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I stumbled upon this car after looking at Hondas and Corollas with higher price tags but bare bone. I have been pleasantly surprised I got this car for $11k.. power windows, radio, large "roomy" interior feel. I'm happy with the purchase. The extra window front panel was weird initially but I see more copycats out there. I recommend taking a look at this brand.

Great car
By Rich on 11/25/09 19:59 PM (PST)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Had a Chrysler 300 and sold it when gas went over $4.00/gal. Great car for the money and increased the mpg by putting in. a K and N air filter. Now get 36 mpg highway. Fun ride and comftorable and still get looks from others. Suzuki should do more to promote their car line. Give it a look. Great car.

Great Value
By stockton2007 on 10/30/09 13:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased new in May 08. Base sport sedan, 5spd, no options. Total discounts $1700 + free gas card and 0% for 60 mo = Fansatic Deal. The car is great for its' class, huge trunk, excellent headroom, backseeat fits my son's car seat well. Interior is a clean look but lots of plastic (remember the $15k price). exterior is stylish and actually has alloy wheels! MPG is 25-27 which isn't bad but is low for this catagory of cars. It has some pep with the 5spd but is by no means "fast". Drives well and has a decent feel for the road. Has had good traction in rain and snow even with the FWD sedan.

I must disagree - I love this car
By Indiana Gal on 10/14/09 09:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sedan Sport Road TRIP Ed 4dr Sedan w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have to reply to a couple of earlier posts. I get from 26.5 to 29 mpg on my daily driving (40 miles round trip) so I was surprised about the rating. Also I'm still driving on the first set of tires at 17,500 miles. I read a review that listed 3 sets of tires in the first 20,000 miles. It does seem to have blind spots when trying to back up, but overall it is easy to drive and easy to park. It has a huge trunk, large enough for luggage for 4 on a 5 day trip. I bought this used with 7,000 miles and now over 17,000 and have not had any repairs at all.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.