Used 2008 Suzuki SX4 Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

2008 Suzuki
By Kevin Hughes

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchase this car right after my divorce in 2010. I was only planning on owning for a year or two. 6 years later I still have it. The only time it left me stranding is with a dead battery. I have only have to do routine repairs. The only exception new front struts at $500 at 105,000. The car now has 109,000 and everything still works. Air still blows cold. My only complaint is now parts are somewhat hard to find and fuel economy is a little low for a car of it's size. I average 25 but do very little highway driving.

WORST CAR EVER!!!!
By Joseph Richard

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Convenience Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

DEAR GOD pls don't buy this car......I have never spent so much money on repairing this vehicle, always in the garage and would leave me stranded no kidding at least every other week with one thing or another!!!! I had 15 grand into it when i finally cut my losses and dumped it for a Honda Accord........I got 5 grand on the trade in and some dealers refused to except it on a trade in!!! one dealer laughed at me on the phone when I said what I had to trade in and hung up in my face!!! you can get a good deal on this car because they do not sell them in Canada anymore (THANK GOD) but you will regret buying I can assure you of that!!! all the maintenance was up to date on this car and still it was always broken with something replaced AWD, driveshaft, major break job alternator battery and on and on the final straw was the check engine light that would stop the car almost dead on the highway twice this happened in a week and that was enough it was gone that week and I've been sleeping at night ever since!!!

Love My Cute Lil Car
By Lani S Gomer

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought her brand new and now she has 58,000. She is garage kept and has her regular maintenance. I've never had any major issues. I believe there were 2 or 3 recalls which the dealership fixed right up with no problems. One of the dash lights where there gas gauge is located died about 2 years after I got her but it wasn't worth the price to pay to have it fixed, I can see the gauge with no problem so that never became a real problem. She is super fun to drive, so much so my husband likes to drive her on the weekends. She's zippy, easy to handle, small enough to fit just about anywhere but yet it's roomy enough to fit a bike in the back with the back seats down. The AWD is great, we live in Central Florida and get lots of rain and I've always felt safe. My teenage daughters learned to drive in my car and have always felt comfortable. If I could I would buy a newer model but for now I will stick with my lil baby. When I see her in the parking lot I still think she looks so cute, sporty and fun. Mine is pearl white and has tinted windows which makes it look really sharp. When I see others without the tint I think it looks unfinished for some reason.
Now the cons on her are all cosmetic. I still have the factory stereo which sounds great but there isn't a USB or Aux input for my iphone so I had to purchase a compatible plug which wasn't a problem. I'm sure I'll probably put a bluetooth stereo in soon. The other con is no front arm rest, so I purchased one online that sits in the middle holder and has a compartment. Also it seats 5 but the back seat isn't really comfortable for 3 adults. I got lucky and had 3 children but they did always complain it was uncomfortable and the headrests had to be raised up which was bad from me as the driver because I had a hard time seeing out the back window.
I love this car and will love her til she gives out on me which hopefully won't be for a long time.

after 8years I still don't have a reason to trade
By Kat

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Convenience Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2008 SX4 new and in 2016 and 85K miles... My car is still running strong. The car is a beast in the snow... I work in healthcare and we don't get snow day. I've been tempted lately to trade the car in but really don't have a good reason... The only thing I had to replace where tires, brake pads and rotors. This is the best car I ever owned... Love my SX4.

Cuter then a bugs ear!
By Scott

2008 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Love it, love it, love it
This car is basic as could be but that's fine with me, can't think of any complaints, I knew I wanted a basic simple no excitement car. It drives great, handles wonderful, does everything I ask it to do with no problems. My wife loves that it sits higher, more comfortable then her expensive Mazda.