2008 Suzuki SX4 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:
air bags
By morningstar44 on 02/14/15 12:22 PM (PST)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport Road TRIP Ed 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I own a Suzuki sx4 2008 model, I always like my car until I was in a wreck, from the wreck I broke my neck and mess up my back. I was T-bone on the driver side and the side air bags did not come out the front ones did but the one on my steering wheel shattered as it deployed, I was hit from the side so my side ones should of came out, these model cars needs too have a check on them before someone else gets hurt like me the doctors said I will never work again

Three years strong...
By princesskiara on 03/11/14 14:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it used, and I've had my SX4 for just shy of 3 years, and have had no mechanical issues. It will reach 80k miles this month, and the only things I've done are replaced the tires and front brake pads, plus the regular 30k services and oil changes. Love the keyless ignition and entry, love the fuel range module (I get an average of 27mpg, up to 40 on road trips), love how I sit in it and that the windshield doesn't feel like it's too close to my forehead. :) The only issue I have is the suspension--feels like it needs stabilization when I hit bumps on corners. It rides nice, however, and feels very safe in all other conditions. Never had any problems on snow or ice. :)

Went down hill quick...
By raninator84 on 01/01/14 19:40 PM (PST)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2008 for $17,800, looking for a reliable vehicle with AWD. The car was great to me for the first 60k miles. At around 70k I had a rod knock, it turned out that my motor had slipped two bearings, I took it to the dealer(under warranty) and the job required an entirely new short block! I have owned 5 vehicles and have never thrown a bearing! The car hit 100k I had a broken slave cylinder so out of warranty this was a $1300 job (over 2000 at the dealer!), and at 106k my engine has a rod knock again! I will be trading it in tomorrow for a camry to avoid the $3,000 it would take to fix again. I will never buy a Suzuki again, and if you do, listen for the rod knock!

This is a great little car.
By sr500mark on 04/02/13 08:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this for its mileage and 4 wheel drive ability. Fell in love with all of it. After 2 years of ownership I gave it to my son. He puts a lot of miles on it and has to deal with heavy snow. He loves it. Get one before they are all gone. I'd get the manual tranny.

Tough, economical car back roads and city traffic
By mistyridgeman on 09/14/12 09:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Convenience Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2.0 liter engine with manual 5-speed is snappy and responsive. Drop it into 4th on the highway and you have plenty of passing power. On back roads, it clings to gravel and dirt, and it handles great in snow (assuming you actually know how to drive in snow). This car has walked through mud, snow, tall weeds, and easily navigates city streets (drove it through downtown Chicago with ease). The newer six-speeds lack the snap and downshifting is finicky, so I'll be keeping my 5-speed rather than trading up. Best car in its class, especially for the money.

over 100,000 and not a problem!
By diddiegirl on 10/11/11 11:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this little car in June on 2008. I drive from Maine to Boston to work over 160 miles at a time. Thankfully I have never had a single problem with the car and I am on only my second set of tires with lots of tread to go. I have put on one set of brake pads and done a lot of oil changes, but that is all. Gas mileage is about 27mpg, but I must say I do not always follow the speed limits! I just read with a different air filter it may increase my mpg, so I'm going to give it a try. Great in the snow and reliable, low maintainance, and room enough for most everything but a sheet of plywood!! :) No complaints here! (ok one, I wish the gas tank were bigger!)

Suzuki Sx4 Review
By bblessing on 09/28/11 12:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have always been an owner of a Nissan vehicle and I thought it was time for a change; that's where the Suzuki SX4 comes in! I saw a picture of it on a local website and it had me intrigued from the start. It's a very small vehicle compared to what I normally buy, but don't let the small size fool you. I am six foot and I have plenty of room and do not feel cramped at all. I live in a small populated area where the nearest city is thirty minutes away and I enjoy the ride every time, especially with how good the car is on gas and how smooth it rides. The smooth driving of the vehicle definitely makes the long rides more enjoyable. I can make sharp turns wit

08 SX4 Crossover... Lemons, cheap but expensive to fix
By kestral on 08/21/11 16:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great until about 35k. Both rear wheel bearings replaced. Both front struts broke in half. Right front stabilizer bar broke. Car still makes a weird clunk when turning and rattles when it goes over bumps. Dealership is horrible for warranty. The passenger air bag light says off when passenger is in seat with seat belt on. Dealership unpluged battery and said all is well, I get 20 miles down the road and it does the same thing. Very unsafe vehicles. Road bumps will throw car around. Good luck going thru snow. Doesn't even handle 4". All around poor vehicle. No more Suzuki for me.

Will spend alot of time at the shop!
By tbarlow2 on 04/08/11 15:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My girlfriend purchased a 2008 SX4 new. She drives to and from work. She had it a little over 3 years and only 20,000 miles. Since it's over 3 years, now out of warranty. The a/c just went out and now going to cost over $1000 to fix it. Asked service advisor at dealership if this means we will have to pay over $1000 every 20k miles and said he did not know! I'm trying to talk my girlfriend into trading it in for another brand that will hold up.

Great ride
By carguru29 on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport Road TRIP Ed 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After being a loyal fan of the VW Golf, I was in the market for a new ride. I chose the SX4 sport touring edition, and it has been perfect. faster, better traction and handles better than any of my Golfs, and better than the wife's Honda.It has a lot better design too. Its a car worth looking if your shopping in the price range.