Solid Designed Suzuki SX4
By Nikki on
2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
I just took delivery of my new SX4 yesterday. I could not believe a vehicle with this level of design, features, and build quality could be had for $15,999. The test drive sealed the deal, as it accelerated nicely to highway speeds, while loaded with four (full-grown) adults riding along in surprizing comfort. This vehicle has plenty of leg-room and head-room to easily accommodate passengers six feet tall in both the front and back seats. The rear set of doors allow the back seat to be readily accessible for use with children's car seats. Not having to change the timing belt alone will save some serious maintenance costs and remove the ticking time-bomb scenario that occurs with interference engines using timing belts.
Favorite Features
I like that the SX4 has a timing chain rather than belt, has direct ignition rather than plug wires, and is subframe rather than unibody. The fact that it has a continuous MPG readout on dash, has selective all-wheel drive modes is great. I like the 16" Wheels. The SX has excellent aceleration for a 2.0L engine. It also has low engine noise and quiet ride. I like the hatch storage for two large suitcases.
Suggested Improvements
Add a skid plate under the entire exhaust system. Add cruise control. Have specification literature available "before" the vehicle is available for purchase.