Blends Sportiness, Utility, Economy, and Safety
By Wayne S on
2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I have 1,300 miles on my SX4 Sport, manual. It has been getting 23 to 25 mpg in town, no stop n go for my town. I have not taken any long trips in it, but get ~26 mpg at 75 mph. Its ride, handling, noise levels are all very good for its class. Its snow performance over the past two days was very good. The stereo system for 50 year-old ears is more than adequate. the ease of getting in and out is wonderful for this class. Its visibility is generally very good. Its storage / hauling capability should cover 95% of my needs. I traded in a 2001 Honda Prelude for it. I gave up the sweet Honda engine performance. I gained all weather capability, easier exit, better visibility (seeing / being seen), quieter, conveniences, safety, and passenger / cargo space. Its gas mileage and handling in normal city / highway conditions seem essentially equal.
Favorite Features
The keyless entry is a convenience I did not realize I would want forever. The AWD makes for good driving, but also gets me up sloped driveway. Its height makes ATMs, etc more accessible. The stability system and air bag system makes sense for my upcoming teen driver. I like the 6 disc in dash CD player. Its price point is good for this blend of features.
Suggested Improvements
This car, to date, has met or exceeded my expectations. It could use either a bit better mpg with the same performance, or the same mpg with slightly more straight line speed would make for near perfection. At 6'2" I think I would like the driver seat to go back maybe one inch more. I need to see if the A/C is good in the heat.