Used 2007 Suzuki SX4 Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Suzuki SX4

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

Nice little car
By eddiethefish

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Getting 26 mpg in town, 32 mpg on freeway. Has plenty of power once you get momentum up, but is kind of gutless starting from stoplight up a hill. Nice tight feel to steering wheel. Has short turning radius. Plenty of room for a large size driver. Fun to drive in town. Nice commuter car, but would not like to drive it cross country.

Plenty of interior room for large sized driver.

Like it way more than I thought I would.
By Richard55

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking for a long warranty AND the most affordable new 4WD I could find. I got lucky that the SX4 was also a solid and enjoyable ride. Some reviewers criticize the heavier weight than the Fit or Versa. The up side on this is that we don't get blown around in wind or around large trucks at speed. Solid footprint, which for safety's sake, I'll take anytime. The car seems tight (I've been a BMW/Audi/VW addict for 20 years), the seating position is top shelf, and the minimalist styling is esthetically on mark. I do have some gripes, but I'll nail those down later. I went for the Sport, which options it up, then added XM, iPod, armrest and the factory winter mats, ending up at almost $18k.

Surprisingly low road noise, great ergonomics design, love the climate controls, seating is supportive and position essentially great (except for no height adjustment). Easy to change oil/filter. Hooked on the truly keyless entry. Cruise controls are hard to get right at night; they need backlights.

Wish it had moonroof. Keep kicking off little plastic guards on fronts of the seat rails. Miss passenger vanity mirror. Need pockets on backs of front seats. Major gripe is with close ratios between gears on the automatic, so I feel like it lunges way too often. Stock Bridgestone tires a tad noisy.

Very happy
By Mark J.

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought an AWD/AT version and love it so far. Very fun to drive despite the relatively sluggish performance. The outward visibility takes some getting used to but in general it is as good as it gets in a car of this configuration. I've discovered one odd thing about this car that prospective buyers should know: the owner's manual says that the AWD/AT version cannot be towed with either the front or rear wheels on the pavement due to potential damage of the drivetrain. I haven't asked my dealer about this yet but I can't believe that any car maker would design a car that requires a flatbed tow truck. The standard transmission and FWD versions do not carry this warning.

Build quality is excellent, as is the handling. Nice firm ride that feels more like a European car than a Japanese car. All five doors close with a distinctly solid thunk. The rear cargo area is not as flexible or as large as that on the Toyota Matrix but the SX4's rear seats are very easy to fold.

Better translation of the owner's manual. The all-red dashboard lights are monotonous compared to the predominantly blue lights on the Hyundai Elantra. A passenger side vanity mirror would be nice, as would a larger fuel tank.

So far, so good
By Dave Nicandri

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my "Sedici" for one week and so far, so good. I got 30.3 mpg on the first tank of gas, which included mostly freeway but a substantial amount of around town driving. I love the outward visibility and the leg and head room in the front seats. Rear leg room is adequate. This car is a lot of fun to drive and I think I'm going to like it a lot, over time. The first big test will be after my first road trip with all the tailgate gear. I have the while colored model, which looks very crisp, to my eye. I've gotten used to the keyless entry with ease and I like being able to paddle shift between 3rd and 4th gears. As a long-term FIAT owner, having this car is like a reunion.

This is one of the best looking cars on the market. I like the automatic climate control feature and steering wheel mounted audio controls. The view over the left shoulder to confirm absence of traffic is very good. The MPG/range/counter is nice. I also like the two ranges (12) AM station pre-sets.

12V outlet in the cargo compartment (the moulding is pre-cut to hold one but it's not available, even as an option), even better, a 115v plug in. A console between the front seats and a slightly bigger gas tank. A coin holder. A little more power would be nice.

SX4 sport, great car at great price
By Tom

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Use it for driving to office, half highway half local. Got 28mpg (with 2wd). Feel a little noiser when speed up before get to 50 miles. SX4 is for people would like to have a small car but also have trunk space, and can have 4wd on a snow day. Small car? It actually is not small at all. 6' man sits in from seat very comfortably. It weighs a bit heavy but very stable when driving.

AWD, ESP, 4 wheel disc brakes, trunk, auto climate control, 9 speaker stereo, seat comfort, airbags.

Mileage, faster acceleration.