Used 2007 Suzuki SX4 Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

a great car!
By happy with it

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my SX4 new almost 2 years ago. I love this car! Compared to other vehicles I have owned, the gas mileage is good. I like the AWD. It comes in handy. Knock on wood, I have not had any problems with it. It now has over 25,000 miles and it is still running great! You really feel like you are driving an SUV. There is alot of head room. I would recommend this car to anyone! It's a great buy!

AWD, pretty good gas mileage, very unique.

Suzuki SX4 - AWD for Winter - Snow
By Charles L

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my SX4. This car is very roomy, comfortable and fun to drive. Looks great standing still or moving fast. Last week we had more than a foot of soft snow in my 1/4 mile driveway. I covered the lower grille opening to protect the radiator, locked in the AWD and plowed out. Had snow rolling over the hood up to the windshield but the SX4 kept going. Is that great or what? Visibility is excellent for touring the countryside because of the large glass and upright seating. Stops on a dime. Parks anywhere. Climbs hills without roads. Very wind stable for a compact vehicle.

AWD traction; 6 disc - 9 speaker stereo with steering wheel controls; excellent seating position; plenty of easily accessible storage space.

Climate control comfort range doesn't go quite low enough for cooler climates. Turbo model? Difficult to see top center guages in bright sunlight. Slight blind spot on driver side when left turning, take care at crosswalks. Move AWD switch to the dashboard from between the seats.

A happymobile!
By e. wood

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The fit, finish, controls and sound system are excellent. I was initially disappointed with town mileage (17- 19 mpg), but it was winter and the car was new. The occasional use of AWD was handy. At 2500 miles I took a trip to Florida, got 26.1 mpg. The transmission would downshift twice climbing some of the overpasses on I- 75, to maintain the 75 mph speed limit. At 7500 miles, a trip to south dakota and colorado, got 28.2 mpg (I hung a sign, "60 mph" in the back window. Worked okay on the interstate). The wagon held all my gear (camping), and the (2-wheel) bike module is quite stable, although I took a folding stepstool to ease its use. After 14,000 miles it gets 20-21 around town.

Sound system. Big greenhouse, super reliability! Keyless entry. Driving stability. 25mph crosswinds do affect it, but are mostly an irritant.

Need solid surface upolstery and a bigger gas tank. Gas guage and range guage could be more accurate.

Good AWD value
By rp

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice little car, particularly in snow. Lots of leg and head room for the size. 30 mpg hwy, decent for AWD. Good fit and finish - very tight for an eco car. After 8 months, water leaking from A/C on to the passenger floor/carpeting diagnosed as "cracked cowl" per the dealer; fixed in a day. Revs at nearly 4000RPM in 5th gear at hwy cruising speeds; geared way too high - needs o/d or 6th gear; would help hwy fuel econ and keep the noise down. Seats lack back support- no lumbar option even on high end model. 10 gallon tank is too small; commuting 25K/yr, feels like I'm always stopping for gas. Hopefully long term reliability will be decent like earlier Suzuki's.

Inexpensive AWD. Very roomy for the size. Decent fuel economy. Fit and finish

Small gas tank. Geared too high. Uncomfortable seats. Road and engine noise. Limited dealer network

She's a looker
By DEALERS DAUGHTER

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

As a auto dealers daughter, I found my Suzuki SX4 crossover on Edmunds.com-- what attracted my curiosity was the AWD option in a smaller size car. Very happy with my vehicle. It's built solidly and gives a safe handling ride--really look forward to another winter when my little baby purrs and passes all those big, expensive cars. I added a narrow side accent moulding to the car and I must say it is definitelly a show stopper. Gas mileage could be a bit better but it's decent for an AWD and I would really like to chop off the top and have a sunroof. You won't be dissapointed in this car and will love to drive it and strut your stuff!

Stocky unique design. Affordable AWD. Safety features like electronic stability control makes you feel like a super hero around turns. Comfortable and non-confining interior. High head room gives it surprisingly adequate cargo space. Fun to drive and is a real conversation piece no matter where you go

It definitely is a natural for a sunroof. A little more gas mileage and a larger capacity gas tank would be nice