Used 2007 Suzuki SX4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

A happymobile!
By e. wood

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The fit, finish, controls and sound system are excellent. I was initially disappointed with town mileage (17- 19 mpg), but it was winter and the car was new. The occasional use of AWD was handy. At 2500 miles I took a trip to Florida, got 26.1 mpg. The transmission would downshift twice climbing some of the overpasses on I- 75, to maintain the 75 mph speed limit. At 7500 miles, a trip to south dakota and colorado, got 28.2 mpg (I hung a sign, "60 mph" in the back window. Worked okay on the interstate). The wagon held all my gear (camping), and the (2-wheel) bike module is quite stable, although I took a folding stepstool to ease its use. After 14,000 miles it gets 20-21 around town.

Sound system. Big greenhouse, super reliability! Keyless entry. Driving stability. 25mph crosswinds do affect it, but are mostly an irritant.

Need solid surface upolstery and a bigger gas tank. Gas guage and range guage could be more accurate.

Good AWD value
By rp

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice little car, particularly in snow. Lots of leg and head room for the size. 30 mpg hwy, decent for AWD. Good fit and finish - very tight for an eco car. After 8 months, water leaking from A/C on to the passenger floor/carpeting diagnosed as "cracked cowl" per the dealer; fixed in a day. Revs at nearly 4000RPM in 5th gear at hwy cruising speeds; geared way too high - needs o/d or 6th gear; would help hwy fuel econ and keep the noise down. Seats lack back support- no lumbar option even on high end model. 10 gallon tank is too small; commuting 25K/yr, feels like I'm always stopping for gas. Hopefully long term reliability will be decent like earlier Suzuki's.

Inexpensive AWD. Very roomy for the size. Decent fuel economy. Fit and finish

Small gas tank. Geared too high. Uncomfortable seats. Road and engine noise. Limited dealer network

She's a looker
By DEALERS DAUGHTER

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

As a auto dealers daughter, I found my Suzuki SX4 crossover on Edmunds.com-- what attracted my curiosity was the AWD option in a smaller size car. Very happy with my vehicle. It's built solidly and gives a safe handling ride--really look forward to another winter when my little baby purrs and passes all those big, expensive cars. I added a narrow side accent moulding to the car and I must say it is definitelly a show stopper. Gas mileage could be a bit better but it's decent for an AWD and I would really like to chop off the top and have a sunroof. You won't be dissapointed in this car and will love to drive it and strut your stuff!

Stocky unique design. Affordable AWD. Safety features like electronic stability control makes you feel like a super hero around turns. Comfortable and non-confining interior. High head room gives it surprisingly adequate cargo space. Fun to drive and is a real conversation piece no matter where you go

It definitely is a natural for a sunroof. A little more gas mileage and a larger capacity gas tank would be nice

Good Car/ Good Value
By flyright

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Rally Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My family has owned Suzuki's in the past and have been very happy. Without hesitation I purchased the '07 SX4. The dealer advertised it as 35 mpg, but I get 28.7 mpg so that was a bit of a disappointment. I have approx 25,000 miles on it now. So far I have had to replace the oxygen sensor,the A/C was kind of blah so took it back in and now they have to replace some clutch in the A/C. Other than that, I love the car. It has more room than most compact cars. It handles sweet when you need to leave someone in the dust. The acceleration is the best. Turning is fab. Braking, stops on a dime. The interior has a sportscar look, pretty cool. Quiet enginne but strong. Has some get up and go.

Handling! Hugs the road, stable, heavy feel. Don't feel like you will blow away if a semi passes you. Great stopping system! AWD handles great. Cool interior look. Fast acceleration!

The A/C is a bit weak. May just be mine, hopefully when part is replaced will be good to go. Gas mileage was not as good as I had hoped. Could be because of DHOC enginne.

Great car!
By Holly

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car. I have owned this car for 21 months and I am very happy. It is not great on the hills, but is a good car overall. Almost no mantinence(which is great). My car averages 24.4 miles per gallon. Very roomy for people of all sizes. The car is very easy to get in and out of. It is good to have the AWD when the weather is bad. I am very pleased.

I love the body style and the amount of room inside. If you put the back seat down you can even fit a full sized bike in there. Good stereo system. The AWD is a great feature.

Better gas mileage. Better preformance on hills. Turbo drive would be nice.