2007 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:
European look/Japanese quality
By Ned on 10/02/07 20:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Good looking, fun to drive, good fuel economy and problem free car.

Nice price for AWD
By Bob on 09/12/07 19:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Wanted AWD for winter driving. Handles well for small vehicle. Good features included in base model w/con. group. Have 7 yr. all inclusive warranty and received a good price for trade in. No problems so far.

Nice little car
By eddiethefish on 09/02/07 18:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Getting 26 mpg in town, 32 mpg on freeway. Has plenty of power once you get momentum up, but is kind of gutless starting from stoplight up a hill. Nice tight feel to steering wheel. Has short turning radius. Plenty of room for a large size driver. Fun to drive in town. Nice commuter car, but would not like to drive it cross country.

Like it way more than I thought I would.
By Richard55 on 08/09/07 21:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking for a long warranty AND the most affordable new 4WD I could find. I got lucky that the SX4 was also a solid and enjoyable ride. Some reviewers criticize the heavier weight than the Fit or Versa. The up side on this is that we don't get blown around in wind or around large trucks at speed. Solid footprint, which for safety's sake, I'll take anytime. The car seems tight (I've been a BMW/Audi/VW addict for 20 years), the seating position is top shelf, and the minimalist styling is esthetically on mark. I do have some gripes, but I'll nail those down later. I went for the Sport, which options it up, then added XM, iPod, armrest and the factory winter mats, ending up at almost $18k.

Very happy
By Mark J. on 08/07/07 06:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought an AWD/AT version and love it so far. Very fun to drive despite the relatively sluggish performance. The outward visibility takes some getting used to but in general it is as good as it gets in a car of this configuration. I've discovered one odd thing about this car that prospective buyers should know: the owner's manual says that the AWD/AT version cannot be towed with either the front or rear wheels on the pavement due to potential damage of the drivetrain. I haven't asked my dealer about this yet but I can't believe that any car maker would design a car that requires a flatbed tow truck. The standard transmission and FWD versions do not carry this warning.

So far, so good
By Dave Nicandri on 08/04/07 17:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my "Sedici" for one week and so far, so good. I got 30.3 mpg on the first tank of gas, which included mostly freeway but a substantial amount of around town driving. I love the outward visibility and the leg and head room in the front seats. Rear leg room is adequate. This car is a lot of fun to drive and I think I'm going to like it a lot, over time. The first big test will be after my first road trip with all the tailgate gear. I have the while colored model, which looks very crisp, to my eye. I've gotten used to the keyless entry with ease and I like being able to paddle shift between 3rd and 4th gears. As a long-term FIAT owner, having this car is like a reunion.

SX4 sport, great car at great price
By Tom on 07/15/07 12:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Use it for driving to office, half highway half local. Got 28mpg (with 2wd). Feel a little noiser when speed up before get to 50 miles. SX4 is for people would like to have a small car but also have trunk space, and can have 4wd on a snow day. Small car? It actually is not small at all. 6' man sits in from seat very comfortably. It weighs a bit heavy but very stable when driving.

Suzuki SX4
By Jaime on 07/11/07 14:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I agree with most of the good things that have been mentioned by previous reviewers but wanted to add one negative that I just discovered - the back seat does not accommodate well a rear-facing car seat. If rear facing, it has to be in the middle and it's hard to get it as stable. If you put it on the outside areas of the backseat, there is no room for the front seat driver or passenger to get adequate leg room or tilt their seats back. And we're NOT tall people. Consequently, we had to move my daughter forward facing much earlier than we'd planned (at 13 months).

SX4 is a winner
By Bungalow Bill on 07/01/07 19:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had my basic SX4 manual 5 speed for two weeks but my initial evaluation is in - this vehicle is a winner. True it could get a few extra miles per gallon and a little extra highway power would be welcome but overall this AWD is a real find. Great looks, a well thought out interior and lots of space for a subcompact make the selection easy. The price is a real bonus. This vehicle needs to be compared to other lower priced 4WD and AWD vehicles not just the two wheel drive subcompacts. The key here is AWD. I do wish the standard model came with cruise control. I'm looking forward to winter and its snow!

I'm lovin' it
By alice on 07/01/07 10:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

No regrets - it's a pleasure and a pal. I drive 22 miles each way to work, along very twisting, hilly roads in the northeast. Haven't tried it in deep sub-zero conditions yet, but ice, rain, snow, fog, heat, etc., have all been here, and we've done that with no problems at all.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.