Used 2007 Suzuki SX4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Suzuki Sx4 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Suzuki SX4

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

Adding power, better gas mil., c-control
By Lorenzo Menendez

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Wrotte a review on 11-13-2006, since then I improved the little monster, added a TURBONATOR (cheap in cost) and H&K air filter, they increased the horsepower and the little monster flies the speedometer needle moves like the ones in the race car. The mpg changed from 30 to 37 mpg on a flat hwy, using cruise control that I had put in after writing my review in 2006. One thing to remember, keep the tires properly inflated. Had the SX4 since 2006 without any mechanical problems, runs like a true champ. Have gone thru some major storms and floods in AWD without any problems.

Favorite Features

Increased power and better gas mileage, more relax during long trips by using cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

Larger gas tank.

better than expected
By Randar

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 9200 miles on it and have been suprised with how nice a car this really is. The in town gas milage is really poor but I mostly drive on rual highways and have been getting 32 to 33.4 miles per gallon. The car has great acelleration when needed and has nice headroom. The down side is the seats are poorly designed and hurt your back when driving long distances and the oversized A pillars create a blind spot that takes some getting used to. Overall this is a nice little car thats a lot of fun to drive and I would recommend it to anyone.

Favorite Features

Headroom, doors that open wide. Nice ride. ease of parking

Suggested Improvements

Some more attention to the ergonomics of the front seats. Long trips are painfull!

Best of the small breed!!!
By Ronzo

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I did a ton of research waiting for the right vehicle to be produced...for quite a few years might I ad....a small SUV, with ample interior space, comfort, small engine with adequate power, nice ride, looks, 2WD, AWD, and 4WD(mine has all three which I don't see anyone really talking much about - I have one of the first built-do they all still have this feature..?)...have never been stuck, no mechanical problems, etc.....mileage is decent for a vehicle that does so much. It was a well thought out, well engineered product. I've even heard that this can tow 2k lbs and they make body hitches for it.....actually listed as 2400 lbs in some sites. Has anyone tried it yet...? Maybe for short trips.

Favorite Features

Engineering genius, design, ample space, headroom, simple but everything you need...you have!!!

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a stronger 4 cylinder engine with more torque and tow package with ability to tow 3500 lbs would make this an unbelievable small SUV that would crush the competition....better seat materials would also help..I get staining spots on the seat edges....thicker paint..some blind spots..

a great car!
By happy with it

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my SX4 new almost 2 years ago. I love this car! Compared to other vehicles I have owned, the gas mileage is good. I like the AWD. It comes in handy. Knock on wood, I have not had any problems with it. It now has over 25,000 miles and it is still running great! You really feel like you are driving an SUV. There is alot of head room. I would recommend this car to anyone! It's a great buy!

Favorite Features

AWD, pretty good gas mileage, very unique.

Suzuki SX4 - AWD for Winter - Snow
By Charles L

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my SX4. This car is very roomy, comfortable and fun to drive. Looks great standing still or moving fast. Last week we had more than a foot of soft snow in my 1/4 mile driveway. I covered the lower grille opening to protect the radiator, locked in the AWD and plowed out. Had snow rolling over the hood up to the windshield but the SX4 kept going. Is that great or what? Visibility is excellent for touring the countryside because of the large glass and upright seating. Stops on a dime. Parks anywhere. Climbs hills without roads. Very wind stable for a compact vehicle.

Favorite Features

AWD traction; 6 disc - 9 speaker stereo with steering wheel controls; excellent seating position; plenty of easily accessible storage space.

Suggested Improvements

Climate control comfort range doesn't go quite low enough for cooler climates. Turbo model? Difficult to see top center guages in bright sunlight. Slight blind spot on driver side when left turning, take care at crosswalks. Move AWD switch to the dashboard from between the seats.