Used 2007 Suzuki SX4 Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Suzuki SX4

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

Alternator trouble
By Pascal

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and i bought two SX-4 in december 2006. At first we did like the car but after a couple of month we thought that it was consuming more gas than the seller told us, but we dealt with it by slowing down our speed in order to stay beneath 9 liters/100km. We now have them for a little more than two and a half year and last week at 72K km, my wife's car alternator jammed and it wasn't covered by warranty anymore so we paid to changed the alternator. 10 days later, at 78K km my car's alternator jammed as well! We tought thas was abnormal so we called the dealership and he told us he couldnt do a thing. We then contacted suzuki canada and they told us the same thing. Don't buy that car!

Awd is fun to drive in the snow.

Consumer service, alternator must be recalled on all 2007 SX-4 because it jammed at 70000 km or so

Maintenance costs
By fap

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I were looking for a small car with reasonable mileage and comfortable seats. Mileage is constant 27mpg with commuter driving 110 milies per day. Ride great for small car and the seats are better than some larger cars. My wife at 5'5" has hard time with view at front left due to bad blind spot. Here's the rub, needed first break job with rotors(no warning) at 42k (not bad). Could not get dealer appt. and had metal on metal so we had our local garage do the job. None of the parts are available after market and the front pads alone cost $200. With rotors the front brakes were more than $400.00. AWD maintenance is also greatly out of line with other makes.

Comfortable ride, AWD excellent and easy to drive.

Fix blind spot on left front. Make pricing on replacement parts realistic. I can not recommend this car because of high maintenance costs. I have an 06 Suzuki Areo sedan and find the same problems with costs I just paid $172.00 for 1 front caliber.

Adding power, better gas mil., c-control
By Lorenzo Menendez

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Wrotte a review on 11-13-2006, since then I improved the little monster, added a TURBONATOR (cheap in cost) and H&K air filter, they increased the horsepower and the little monster flies the speedometer needle moves like the ones in the race car. The mpg changed from 30 to 37 mpg on a flat hwy, using cruise control that I had put in after writing my review in 2006. One thing to remember, keep the tires properly inflated. Had the SX4 since 2006 without any mechanical problems, runs like a true champ. Have gone thru some major storms and floods in AWD without any problems.

Increased power and better gas mileage, more relax during long trips by using cruise control.

Larger gas tank.

better than expected
By Randar

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 9200 miles on it and have been suprised with how nice a car this really is. The in town gas milage is really poor but I mostly drive on rual highways and have been getting 32 to 33.4 miles per gallon. The car has great acelleration when needed and has nice headroom. The down side is the seats are poorly designed and hurt your back when driving long distances and the oversized A pillars create a blind spot that takes some getting used to. Overall this is a nice little car thats a lot of fun to drive and I would recommend it to anyone.

Headroom, doors that open wide. Nice ride. ease of parking

Some more attention to the ergonomics of the front seats. Long trips are painfull!

Best of the small breed!!!
By Ronzo

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I did a ton of research waiting for the right vehicle to be produced...for quite a few years might I ad....a small SUV, with ample interior space, comfort, small engine with adequate power, nice ride, looks, 2WD, AWD, and 4WD(mine has all three which I don't see anyone really talking much about - I have one of the first built-do they all still have this feature..?)...have never been stuck, no mechanical problems, etc.....mileage is decent for a vehicle that does so much. It was a well thought out, well engineered product. I've even heard that this can tow 2k lbs and they make body hitches for it.....actually listed as 2400 lbs in some sites. Has anyone tried it yet...? Maybe for short trips.

Engineering genius, design, ample space, headroom, simple but everything you need...you have!!!

Maybe a stronger 4 cylinder engine with more torque and tow package with ability to tow 3500 lbs would make this an unbelievable small SUV that would crush the competition....better seat materials would also help..I get staining spots on the seat edges....thicker paint..some blind spots..