2007 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:
better than expected
By Randar on 05/30/09 04:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 9200 miles on it and have been suprised with how nice a car this really is. The in town gas milage is really poor but I mostly drive on rual highways and have been getting 32 to 33.4 miles per gallon. The car has great acelleration when needed and has nice headroom. The down side is the seats are poorly designed and hurt your back when driving long distances and the oversized A pillars create a blind spot that takes some getting used to. Overall this is a nice little car thats a lot of fun to drive and I would recommend it to anyone.

Best of the small breed!!!
By Ronzo on 05/24/09 10:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I did a ton of research waiting for the right vehicle to be produced...for quite a few years might I ad....a small SUV, with ample interior space, comfort, small engine with adequate power, nice ride, looks, 2WD, AWD, and 4WD(mine has all three which I don't see anyone really talking much about - I have one of the first built-do they all still have this feature..?)...have never been stuck, no mechanical problems, etc.....mileage is decent for a vehicle that does so much. It was a well thought out, well engineered product. I've even heard that this can tow 2k lbs and they make body hitches for it.....actually listed as 2400 lbs in some sites. Has anyone tried it yet...? Maybe for short trips.

a great car!
By happy with it on 01/29/09 18:30 PM (PST)

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my SX4 new almost 2 years ago. I love this car! Compared to other vehicles I have owned, the gas mileage is good. I like the AWD. It comes in handy. Knock on wood, I have not had any problems with it. It now has over 25,000 miles and it is still running great! You really feel like you are driving an SUV. There is alot of head room. I would recommend this car to anyone! It's a great buy!

Suzuki SX4 - AWD for Winter - Snow
By Charles L on 01/13/09 20:10 PM (PST)

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my SX4. This car is very roomy, comfortable and fun to drive. Looks great standing still or moving fast. Last week we had more than a foot of soft snow in my 1/4 mile driveway. I covered the lower grille opening to protect the radiator, locked in the AWD and plowed out. Had snow rolling over the hood up to the windshield but the SX4 kept going. Is that great or what? Visibility is excellent for touring the countryside because of the large glass and upright seating. Stops on a dime. Parks anywhere. Climbs hills without roads. Very wind stable for a compact vehicle.

A happymobile!
By e. wood on 12/11/08 07:28 AM (PST)

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The fit, finish, controls and sound system are excellent. I was initially disappointed with town mileage (17- 19 mpg), but it was winter and the car was new. The occasional use of AWD was handy. At 2500 miles I took a trip to Florida, got 26.1 mpg. The transmission would downshift twice climbing some of the overpasses on I- 75, to maintain the 75 mph speed limit. At 7500 miles, a trip to south dakota and colorado, got 28.2 mpg (I hung a sign, "60 mph" in the back window. Worked okay on the interstate). The wagon held all my gear (camping), and the (2-wheel) bike module is quite stable, although I took a folding stepstool to ease its use. After 14,000 miles it gets 20-21 around town.

Good AWD value
By rp on 12/07/08 12:44 PM (PST)

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice little car, particularly in snow. Lots of leg and head room for the size. 30 mpg hwy, decent for AWD. Good fit and finish - very tight for an eco car. After 8 months, water leaking from A/C on to the passenger floor/carpeting diagnosed as "cracked cowl" per the dealer; fixed in a day. Revs at nearly 4000RPM in 5th gear at hwy cruising speeds; geared way too high - needs o/d or 6th gear; would help hwy fuel econ and keep the noise down. Seats lack back support- no lumbar option even on high end model. 10 gallon tank is too small; commuting 25K/yr, feels like I'm always stopping for gas. Hopefully long term reliability will be decent like earlier Suzuki's.

She's a looker
By DEALERS DAUGHTER on 09/28/08 10:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

As a auto dealers daughter, I found my Suzuki SX4 crossover on Edmunds.com-- what attracted my curiosity was the AWD option in a smaller size car. Very happy with my vehicle. It's built solidly and gives a safe handling ride--really look forward to another winter when my little baby purrs and passes all those big, expensive cars. I added a narrow side accent moulding to the car and I must say it is definitelly a show stopper. Gas mileage could be a bit better but it's decent for an AWD and I would really like to chop off the top and have a sunroof. You won't be dissapointed in this car and will love to drive it and strut your stuff!

Good Car/ Good Value
By flyright on 06/07/08 21:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Rally Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My family has owned Suzuki's in the past and have been very happy. Without hesitation I purchased the '07 SX4. The dealer advertised it as 35 mpg, but I get 28.7 mpg so that was a bit of a disappointment. I have approx 25,000 miles on it now. So far I have had to replace the oxygen sensor,the A/C was kind of blah so took it back in and now they have to replace some clutch in the A/C. Other than that, I love the car. It has more room than most compact cars. It handles sweet when you need to leave someone in the dust. The acceleration is the best. Turning is fab. Braking, stops on a dime. The interior has a sportscar look, pretty cool. Quiet enginne but strong. Has some get up and go.

Great car!
By Holly on 05/03/08 22:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car. I have owned this car for 21 months and I am very happy. It is not great on the hills, but is a good car overall. Almost no mantinence(which is great). My car averages 24.4 miles per gallon. Very roomy for people of all sizes. The car is very easy to get in and out of. It is good to have the AWD when the weather is bad. I am very pleased.

14K miles, not a hiccup!
By outfieldpete on 05/01/08 13:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in March 2007, and after 14,000 miles and 14 months the SX4 is rock solid. It goes in the snow, seats 4 adults in a small car that's large inside, and parks anywhere.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.