Used 2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

Good AWD value
By rp

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice little car, particularly in snow. Lots of leg and head room for the size. 30 mpg hwy, decent for AWD. Good fit and finish - very tight for an eco car. After 8 months, water leaking from A/C on to the passenger floor/carpeting diagnosed as "cracked cowl" per the dealer; fixed in a day. Revs at nearly 4000RPM in 5th gear at hwy cruising speeds; geared way too high - needs o/d or 6th gear; would help hwy fuel econ and keep the noise down. Seats lack back support- no lumbar option even on high end model. 10 gallon tank is too small; commuting 25K/yr, feels like I'm always stopping for gas. Hopefully long term reliability will be decent like earlier Suzuki's.

Favorite Features

Inexpensive AWD. Very roomy for the size. Decent fuel economy. Fit and finish

Suggested Improvements

Small gas tank. Geared too high. Uncomfortable seats. Road and engine noise. Limited dealer network

All in one car
By SX4Sport

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 5M Sport averages at least 29 mpg. Try to find another AWD car that can match that. And the AWD is for real. I have blazed trails through 6+ inches of snow before the plows have come through. I have pushed the limits in empty snow covered parking lots and I was incredibly impressed. The ground clearance isn't high enough for any serious off-roading, but the AWD grips like claws on the road.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable interior. The sport model comes with a great stereo system and keyless-go is a lot of fun now that I'm used to it. I can't say enough about the way this car handles in the snow.

Suggested Improvements

There is a blind spot to the front left when driving. The small triangular window helps, but you still have to get used to peeking around it when making left turns. This has enough HP, but I am used to driving more powerful cars. I'd love to see a turbocharged model!

Lovin' my Suzuki
By Renee

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I commute to work everyday and this car makes for a great ride. The trip is not at all highway and the gas mileage is not horrible, but not what I expected. The features that came with the sport model were one of the selling points. You usually pay a lot more for these options. The looks are deceiving from the outside. Plenty of room, even for larger people. This car is very sporty looking also. The price is great for an AWD.

Favorite Features

The options: like cruise control, climate control, 6 disc cd with subwoofer, steering wheel controls. The safety features included are great too: plenty of airbags, low tire pressure monitor, stability control, etc.

Suggested Improvements

A little better gas mileage. The tank is small, but the bigger the tank, the more weight to haul! An armrest would be great too! Overall though, this is a great car at a great price.

I'm lovin' it
By alice

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

No regrets - it's a pleasure and a pal. I drive 22 miles each way to work, along very twisting, hilly roads in the northeast. Haven't tried it in deep sub-zero conditions yet, but ice, rain, snow, fog, heat, etc., have all been here, and we've done that with no problems at all.

Favorite Features

The AWD, of course, but also the foglights, the keyless entry, the sound system. I put in a sunroof (should become an option, I hear) and took the leather upholstery - pimped my ride, and I'm glad I did. Very happy with it.

Suggested Improvements

With the leather upholstery and its cost, it was disappointing to find the back of the back seats is covered with some spun rubber stuff -- ripped the very first time I put something other than a box in the back. Also, the driver's seat head rest should be more adjustable for comfort AND safety.

Blends Sport, Utility, Economy, Safety
By Wayne S

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Follow up to earlier review of 2/11. Now have little over 5,000 miles on SX4. Gas mileage 95% in town, no stop and go has been 25-28. 28 requires low rpm shifts and some coasting techniques. Solid build, no rattles. A/C works well for 90+ heat. No mechanical issues. Has done very well SOFT offroading up sloped grassy hillsides around baseball parking area. If teen takes off to school with this car I will very likely replace it with another SX4, but I might look at sedan to be released. I do not often require more storage than basic trunk would provide.

Favorite Features

Keyless entry: driving other vehicles seems weird having to insert key. Instant mpg teaches you how to drive green. AWD. Manual trans for this car seems best fit. Stereo reasonably good. Mileage decent when somewhat careful with driving style. Handling is fun. Parking is great.

Suggested Improvements

Still would like a little more leg room for driver seat. For the cost of ownership, I have nothing to complain about and nothing more I need from a car.