2007 Suzuki SX4 Consumer Reviews

2007 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:
Little Work Horse
By presently on 11/26/14 21:38 PM (PST)

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This has been a remarkably reliable car. I've got 142k miles on it now. After 130k I had to have the catalytic converter changed ($1500 at Suzuki, but I got it done for $600 at Meineke), but that's the only part failure other than standard maint. items like brakes, tires and batteries. Great cargo capacity and hard to match without going to a mid-size SUV. Comfortable and quiet to drive. Currently running Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus tires on it and they're awesome and quiet. I also put a hitch on it and use it to pull a 4' x 8' utility trailer, so that's like having a pickup on hand when I need it.

Watch out for Trans Problems
By biklover52 on 01/31/12 10:10 AM (PST)

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My wife bought this car in 09. At first she liked it very much. Mileage is not great around 25 on the highway. We took a couple longs trips and that's when you notice how small it is inside. Through town or back and forthe to work is ok. Around the 70k mark the trans mission went out and we had it replaced under warranty. We at about 85k the trans went out again. So we dicided to get ride of it before anything else went wrong. Suzuki told us this was very unusual and worked with us through all of it. We might purchase another one but not sure.

This car seems nice - buy another
By britton.peddie on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Suzuki of America is out of money and time, When I took my vehicle in for a warranty related repair, the dealer, who DOES NOT SELL SUZUKIS - told me they required a $1000.00 dollar deposit before they WOULD EVEN LOOK at the repair. This car is crap and they should go away [violative content deleted] where apparently they do OK selling crap product to uninformed individuals.

The little blue monster still going.
By lorenzo menendez on 07/13/10 18:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My last review was on 6-2-2009, the vehicle has 38,000 miles with original tires, apart from regular maintenance, no mechanical problems at all, brakes are still the originals. People are still asking about the vehicle and its performance. Recommend it to anyone that wants to buy a small reliable and cheap cross over station wagon type. If you want it to have more power and burn front tires get a tornado.

Very Happy
By docellis on 02/13/10 12:28 PM (PST)

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

After driving a 2000 Suzuki, Baleno, 4x4 Wagon in Russia for 7 years without any problems, we decided to give Suzuki our business again when we moved to the USA. The one which caught our eye was the SX4. We purchased the last 2007 on the lot. Immediately we were getting very good gas mileage with highs as much as 38 mpg. Around town usually we get 29.7 on the average. We take very long trips with our work and always end up rested and with gas money still in our pockets. In snow we have not lost traction even one time. The 2WD, AWD and Four Wheel Drive options are great. We have 56,000 already without a hitch. I would buy again and recommend this car to any one.

Why you shouldn't buy an SX4
By Greg Myers on 12/10/09 05:32 AM (PST)

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Rally Package (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the SX4 for my wife as a Christmas present in 2006 . The colors was beautiful and it had a manual trans . (Her favorite ). Since then , the engine failed at 30,000 miles , the airbag module($1800)failed , it has thrown numerous check engine lights and and now has a bad catalytic converter . Guess what , if you aren't aware , your emissions warranty runs out at 80,000 miles and there's no getting around it. The trouble code is for a catalytic flow efficiency problem that is more likely an oxygen sensor fault like Nissan has just experienced . The dealer installed cost of the new cat is just over $900.00. Do it yourselfers can get it at the dealer for about $500.00.

Super car
By Suzuki SX4 on 11/25/09 05:50 AM (PST)

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Owned and drove 2000 Suzuki Baleno 4X4 Wagon in Russia for 7 years w/o one problem so I wanted to try Suzuki again in States. Purchased our 2007 Suzuki SX4 immediately after arriving in States. Best gas mileage is 38 and averages town & country 28.9. Comfortable on long trips and we know long trips. Have had two years and have 52,000 miles. Would buy another Suzuki and do recommend to anyone wanting a four wheel drive car with performance, good gas mileage, and dependability then go Suzuki SX4. We constantly have folks coming over to talk to us about our SX4 wondering what it is and how do we like it. Always give a good report.

2007 sx4
By bill varnell on 09/06/09 17:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We have owned this car since 2/2007. It is our 1st Japanese vehicle and we like it very much. It is great in the snow and quite comfortable on long trips. We even tow our two jetskis several hundred miles on vacation without a problem. The cons are the fuel mileage and poor quality interior. I would buy this model again but would like to see several improvements.

Alternator trouble
By Pascal on 07/14/09 14:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and i bought two SX-4 in december 2006. At first we did like the car but after a couple of month we thought that it was consuming more gas than the seller told us, but we dealt with it by slowing down our speed in order to stay beneath 9 liters/100km. We now have them for a little more than two and a half year and last week at 72K km, my wife's car alternator jammed and it wasn't covered by warranty anymore so we paid to changed the alternator. 10 days later, at 78K km my car's alternator jammed as well! We tought thas was abnormal so we called the dealership and he told us he couldnt do a thing. We then contacted suzuki canada and they told us the same thing. Don't buy that car!

Maintenance costs
By fap on 06/11/09 14:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I were looking for a small car with reasonable mileage and comfortable seats. Mileage is constant 27mpg with commuter driving 110 milies per day. Ride great for small car and the seats are better than some larger cars. My wife at 5'5" has hard time with view at front left due to bad blind spot. Here's the rub, needed first break job with rotors(no warning) at 42k (not bad). Could not get dealer appt. and had metal on metal so we had our local garage do the job. None of the parts are available after market and the front pads alone cost $200. With rotors the front brakes were more than $400.00. AWD maintenance is also greatly out of line with other makes.