Used 2007 Suzuki SX4 Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

Love this car!
By LaRue Angelici

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If you want a reliable car that will go whenever and wherever you need to go, this is your car!
I wish, so much, they hadn't stopped making them! I would buy a brand new one if I could!!!

Fun compact car
By Maru

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Got it in 2007, its great for in city driving with reasonable mileage, about 29/30 mpg. Also good for long trips, the AWF was pretty decent on off roads at Big Sur and various dirt roads in Tucson AZ. With regular maintenance and oil change each 4/6 months runs very well. Good cargo space for a small car. The red dashboard lights at night are very attractive and it's comfortable for long rides. AC and

Little Work Horse
By presently

2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This has been a remarkably reliable car. I've got 142k miles on it now. After 130k I had to have the catalytic converter changed ($1500 at Suzuki, but I got it done for $600 at Meineke), but that's the only part failure other than standard maint. items like brakes, tires and batteries. Great cargo capacity and hard to match without going to a mid-size SUV. Comfortable and quiet to drive. Currently running Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus tires on it and they're awesome and quiet. I also put a hitch on it and use it to pull a 4' x 8' utility trailer, so that's like having a pickup on hand when I need it.

I bought this car for the safety features: All-wheel drive, stability control, airbags, traction control, anti-rollover. 4-wheel anti-lock brakes are more important on ice than the AWD is. The official Suzuki bike rack for the roof is very well made and lightweight--very easy to put on and take off.

Heater gets too hot in winter. I have to really turn it down low.

Watch out for Trans Problems
By biklover52

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My wife bought this car in 09. At first she liked it very much. Mileage is not great around 25 on the highway. We took a couple longs trips and that's when you notice how small it is inside. Through town or back and forthe to work is ok. Around the 70k mark the trans mission went out and we had it replaced under warranty. We at about 85k the trans went out again. So we dicided to get ride of it before anything else went wrong. Suzuki told us this was very unusual and worked with us through all of it.
We might purchase another one but not sure.

Fun to drive and easey handling, my wife is a good fit she is only 5'1" and around 110 lbs.

Look into the transmission problems or train your dealerships on how to repair the vehicle properly

This car seems nice - buy another
By britton.peddie

2007 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Suzuki of America is out of money and time, When I took my vehicle in for a warranty related repair, the dealer, who DOES NOT SELL SUZUKIS - told me they required a $1000.00 dollar deposit before they WOULD EVEN LOOK at the repair.
This car is crap and they should go away [violative content deleted] where apparently they do OK selling crap product to uninformed individuals.

really bad support