Peepy, Great mpg, and easy to repair
By Randall M. on
2001 Suzuki Swift GL 2dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl 5M)
My Swift sat on the lot over a year until I found it. I just wanted a commuter car with great mileage yet had alittle style. True, most Swifts are driven by senior citizens because of their ease to drive, mine came with a 5 spd and just air conditioning. I figured, it had everything I needed but nothing that I didn't need. Immediately, I used nothing but synthetic oil and put in Bosch platinum 4 plugs. At just 1895 lbs, my Swift is peppy!. Changing brakes and the air filter is a snap!. I consistently get 37mpg on mostly city traffic!. Yet, understand that the interior is generic and the brakes are soft at best. At 50000 miles the interior light and lower fan speeds failed. Still, I Love it.
Favorite Features
Very cheap to own and very easy to do routine maintence on. The 5 spd is a must!. Its quick, if its just you and maybe a light passenger.
Suggested Improvements
None. But understand what this cars design is for!. Its a reliable commuter car with high mpg. Not cruising the Strip for girls nor to impress the neighbors or co-workers.