2000 Suzuki Swift - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Swift model:
Great car to have
By urinvestigator on 12/12/10 08:51 AM (PST)

2000 Suzuki Swift GL 2dr Hatchback

I bought this 2000 model Chevy Metro / Suzuki Swift with 1.3 L-4 Engine and 5 speed trans. It has been great for the past 10 years. I took it any where and it just keeps running without giving me any problem. Every week it costs me less than $30 gas (even with today's gas price). I only changed her tire, and brakes. That's all I have to do besides change oil every 3000 miles. I have put 158,0000 miles on and that car still gives me 43 MPG on highway and 36 MPG in city. I just love this car.

2000 Swift AVG MPG 38
By Paul B. on 03/31/09 08:48 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Swift GA 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car in 2007 when gas prices started going crazy to get out of my 16 mpg pickup. What a great improvement, 38 mpg plus when I don't have to haul anything large. I'm on the road alot, 18,695 last year with only one trip out of state and my annual maintenance costs below $200. Yes I perform my own maintenance and on this car it's a breeze. The car is easy to drive and maneuvers very well in today's tight parking lots. It gets up and goes for the little 1.3L, no problem accelerating on those freeway on ramps. I would recommend this car to anyone trying to save money on commuting and around town costs. Only one problem, everyone thinks they have to pass you because it a small car...

It's a good starter car
By Red Swift on 08/04/07 21:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Swift GL 2dr Hatchback

I bought this in april, red 2000 model. It costs me an average of $25 to fill once a week. I stay in town. Highway mileage excellent. I bought a new battery, new tires, and my catalytic converter is going out.

Unexpectedly Pleased
By Moe's Mom on 06/01/06 11:42 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Swift GA 2dr Hatchback

We bought this little car as a commuter for our teenager who had just gotten his first job. It was low cost, got good gas mileage, and had a primered front fender. He's driven it for 3 years. We've put new tires on it, had the brakes done, and bought a new battery for it. That's all. It's been very reliable. Just for the record, the Metro and Swift are the same car. Chevy just put their name badge on the Metro after Suzuki built them. I'd recommend either model for someone on a budget needing a 35 mpg commuter.

Suzuki Swift, not so Swift a deal
By Stephen Hendricks on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Swift GA 2dr Hatchback

From the beginning there were problems with the Air Conditioning holding a charge. Last year with 27K miles the entire back seem of the muffler seperated. The printed warranty clearly covers the exhaust system. Yet Suzuki in Timonium Maryland wouldn't cover it and quoted a price of $1165.00 to replace it. Service is terrible. No Suzuki dealer EVER stocks parts. The mirror fell off last month (driver side). The Dealer won't schedule a repair and won't order the mirror. The car is going to be sent away as a wholesale trade in as a result. I'd never buy another Suzuki product of any kind again.

Awesome Gas mileage! but....
By Josh (Cless Alvein) on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Swift GA 2dr Hatchback

I must say that suzuki swift and chevy metro are possibly the greatest cars below 10K and its gas mileage is superior. however i must say....who's better, and i want a response from anyone out there.... who's better? a) Suzuki Swift b) Chevy Metro anyhow, an only hint is: imports last longer...ppl should buy these kinds of cars, there polluting the air