Used 2000 Suzuki Swift Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Suzuki Swift - Consumer Reviews

2000 Suzuki Swift

View reviews for a specific Swift model:

Great car to have
By urinvestigator

2000 Suzuki Swift GL 2dr Hatchback

I bought this 2000 model Chevy Metro / Suzuki Swift with 1.3 L-4 Engine and 5 speed trans. It has been great for the past 10 years. I took it any where and it just keeps running without giving me any problem. Every week it costs me less than $30 gas (even with today's gas price). I only changed her tire, and brakes. That's all I have to do besides change oil every 3000 miles. I have put 158,0000 miles on and that car still gives me 43 MPG on highway and 36 MPG in city. I just love this car.

Gas saving. Fund to drive. Easy to park. Very low cost to maintain.

If they offer diesel engine, it will be nice.

2000 Swift AVG MPG 38
By Paul B.

2000 Suzuki Swift GA 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car in 2007 when gas prices started going crazy to get out of my 16 mpg pickup. What a great improvement, 38 mpg plus when I don't have to haul anything large. I'm on the road alot, 18,695 last year with only one trip out of state and my annual maintenance costs below $200. Yes I perform my own maintenance and on this car it's a breeze. The car is easy to drive and maneuvers very well in today's tight parking lots. It gets up and goes for the little 1.3L, no problem accelerating on those freeway on ramps. I would recommend this car to anyone trying to save money on commuting and around town costs. Only one problem, everyone thinks they have to pass you because it a small car...

Everything is kept simple.

The fan blower switch on all years of Swifts and Geos pops apart over time, you think they would have fixed this problem. I have a fix and have repaired 3 of them for people.

It's a good starter car
By Red Swift

2000 Suzuki Swift GL 2dr Hatchback

I bought this in april, red 2000 model. It costs me an average of $25 to fill once a week. I stay in town. Highway mileage excellent. I bought a new battery, new tires, and my catalytic converter is going out.

Gas mileage, it feels like you're driving a go kart.

Higher ground clearance (for bigger tires) better engine.

Unexpectedly Pleased
By Moe's Mom

2000 Suzuki Swift GA 2dr Hatchback

We bought this little car as a commuter for our teenager who had just gotten his first job. It was low cost, got good gas mileage, and had a primered front fender. He's driven it for 3 years. We've put new tires on it, had the brakes done, and bought a new battery for it. That's all. It's been very reliable. Just for the record, the Metro and Swift are the same car. Chevy just put their name badge on the Metro after Suzuki built them. I'd recommend either model for someone on a budget needing a 35 mpg commuter.

The great gas mileage, very comfortable front bucket seats, large cargo area when the back seat is folded down, and how it can park in the smallest parking spots.

None. It does what it was designed to do.

Suzuki Swift, not so Swift a deal
By Stephen Hendricks

2000 Suzuki Swift GA 2dr Hatchback

From the beginning there were problems
with the Air Conditioning holding a
charge. Last year with 27K miles the
entire back seem of
the muffler seperated. The printed
warranty clearly covers the exhaust
system. Yet Suzuki in Timonium
Maryland wouldn't cover it and
quoted a price of $1165.00 to replace
it.

Service is terrible. No Suzuki dealer
EVER stocks parts. The mirror fell off
last month (driver side). The Dealer
won't schedule a repair and won't order
the mirror. The car is going to be
sent away as a wholesale trade in as a
result.

I'd never buy another Suzuki product of
any kind again.

Fuel economy is averaging over 40mpg.

This car is discontinued. I'd like to see Suzuki prevented from selling automobiles in this country as they never did stock any parts and won't service the product either.