Reliable but costly to repair
By Frank on
1998 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4dr SUV 4WD
I bought my Suzuki when it was 2 years old and it had just under 25000 miles on it. I now have 120,000 miles on it after about 6 1/2 years of driving. I have had few problems with it. This vehicle is very bad for rust and doesn't hold up well in places where salt is used on roads in the winter!!! They have NO resale value and Dealer parts are ridiculously expensive! You think that you are driving a Rolls when you buy parts. I am not kidding!!! They need to stop being so outrageously greedy when selling replacement parts. I went to the dealer once for a repair and told them I would never come back. I didn't. I shopped for after market parts where ever I could find them.
Favorite Features
Very reliable drive train. I have had very few problems. I have used synthetic oil since 40000 miles so that could explain why engine is still running strong.
Suggested Improvements
Better rust control. I would buy another but I am afraid of high repair costs. If I did buy another it would have to be cheap enough so that if I had to sell it I wouldn't lose my shirt. Interior space is too cramped.