The Rattletrap That Won't Die
By goatrancher on
1997 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4dr SUV 4WD
They're gonna have to bury me in this car. I bought it in about 2001 with 60k miles on it for 5k dollars cash. At 90k I changed the timing belt and water pump. Since then I have replaced only a starter, had the brakes done once and just recently replaced the front struts and back shocks. This little beast is NO fun over 55mph. Feels like it's gonna fly into bits. Uphill forget it, unless you're rock crawling. But I can get 3 full sized dairy goats in the back with the seat down and don't have to use my gas hog pickup. It refuses to quit. Most reliable car I've ever owned outside of Hondas. Flawless OD automatic. Swiss watch of a motor. Backbreaker seats. A keeper!
Favorite Features
Engine, transmission and apparent immortality. Gotta love Suzuki's crappy resale value. I pity the poor suckers who buy one new. These are so cheap now they're almost free. Go find one!
Suggested Improvements
None. Anyone who is looking for comfort, style and expensive repairs should look elsewhere. This is basic transportation to ANYWHERE with a full load.