1995 Suzuki Sidekick Consumer Review: Great little corn jumper.

1995 Suzuki Sidekick - Consumer Review

JX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Great little corn jumper.
By Dars youngest son on

1995 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4dr SUV 4WD

Sat in a corn field parked for sale. It had been driven through the corn as a 4x4. Corn stalks were sticking out of it; broken headlamp duct taped in, bumper cracked. Fast fwd it's still running 2010! 185,377 miles! Had the tranny flushed. Fluid was black as used motor oil couldn't have been changed in 10 years. Valvoline flushed it clean, pink again. I had oil changed. I drive 50 miles to college daily. It is slow at 1st, but it is an older car. It drives in 4wd on bad snow days, safely goes up icy hill at school. Due to mileage I don't go above 50 mph. City streets are all 45 max anyways. Side roads in country are 55 mph. Great truck for only $500 in 2005.

Favorite Features

Four wheel drive is awesome in icy conditions. Storage like a mini van, 20+ mpg city like a car. Rear mounted spare tire. Ac and heat fast. Durable body. Noisy after bumps, might just be this is a beat up truck. Flat locks cant be broken into with a coat hanger like most round locks.

Suggested Improvements

It was made in 1995, they did them I'm sure. I would suggest buying certain parts for it while you can if you have low miles on yours. Air filters hard to find. Only Suzuki dealers can read check engine lights mech stores don't have adapter. Watch it, windy days drive slowly! Frnt locks
By blaine9199
on 06/16/11 00:35 AM (PDT)

Update my 1995 Sidekick is still going strong. I have driven it about 60-70 miles round trip to a job for most of the winter. I use the 4wd often on the snowy back roads, and haven't gotten stuck once. It is on 197,300+ miles. It is shifting hard, but it needs to get some tranny fluid added. My gas gage just stopped working last week. I just use my trip odometer to estimate miles left.