1995 Suzuki Sidekick - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sidekick model:
Great little corn jumper.
By Dars youngest son on 03/18/10 01:37 AM (PDT)

1995 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4dr SUV 4WD

Sat in a corn field parked for sale. It had been driven through the corn as a 4x4. Corn stalks were sticking out of it; broken headlamp duct taped in, bumper cracked. Fast fwd it's still running 2010! 185,377 miles! Had the tranny flushed. Fluid was black as used motor oil couldn't have been changed in 10 years. Valvoline flushed it clean, pink again. I had oil changed. I drive 50 miles to college daily. It is slow at 1st, but it is an older car. It drives in 4wd on bad snow days, safely goes up icy hill at school. Due to mileage I don't go above 50 mph. City streets are all 45 max anyways. Side roads in country are 55 mph. Great truck for only $500 in 2005.

My Sidekick still Kickin'
By Weize on 02/08/09 21:07 PM (PST)

1995 Suzuki Sidekick JS 4dr SUV

I purchased my sidekick new 1995 and its still rolling. Minor fixers. 1 major which was reasonable to repair.besides rust at the doorstep on driver side (chicago winters are salty). It still have good pick up and take off. I love the windows so much when I must ride in another car I laugh at the small windows and sideview mirrors; I'm so use to my side kick windows I don't care for others. I do wish it had a cup holder.

My Sidekick is still kickin'
By sidekick on 03/31/07 11:32 AM (PDT)

1995 Suzuki Sidekick JS 4dr SUV

My Sidekick has taken me everywhere. It always starts in below 0 weather with the original battery for almost 8 years. No major problems. Minor: rust at drivers door. The tires were easy to change. I love the windows (large), not too high up and not too low; my sidekick fits me just fine. even though its a 2 x 4. I live in the city so it's just fine. I have over 179,500 miles on my sidekick.

Amazing Little SUV
By Onabeach on 11/24/05 00:34 AM (PST)

1995 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had my little Suzuki Sidekick for seven years now. I drive it for work (sales) and it currently has over 200,000 miles on it. It has only broken down twice the entire time! And the repairs were minor! It is EXTREMELY reliable! This truck is like finding a rare jewel! The gas mileage is unbeatable. It seems like it does the best it can all the time. Like it's giving me it's abolute best in all situations! It is a dream! I highly recommend this vehicle!

Do not underestimate the Sidekick!!
By Roman Eller on 04/19/05 17:30 PM (PDT)

1995 Suzuki Sidekick JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

When I bought this Sidekick, I was skeptical, but from comparison of domestic vehicles, no one better pays attention to details than on the Sidekick. There is a lot of features on this Sidekick, basically it has everything except leather seats. I couldn't believe that a compact SUV would have power mirrors, keyless entry with alarm, headrests on the back seats and still be such a nice vehicle. If you very get into the market into a great fuel economy vehicle, keep an eye on the Sidekick. Make sure you get the JXL version which is the top of the line up, which has all the features. This is one heck of a little SUV, also its 4 wheel drive with automatic locking hubs!! Talk about luxury!

Dont let this 4 cyl fool you
By johndoecartoslow on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Suzuki Sidekick JS 4dr SUV

All the power of a 4 cyl. And all the Gas mileage of an 8 cyl. Very small SUV. 4 wheel drive works pretty good. Replacement parts pricey 35 dollars for a serpantine belt.

Love it !
By Taxi on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Suzuki Sidekick JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

I have been the only owner of this vehicle, I have had it for 10 years and just love it. The only drawback is that it tends to fog up with more than one person in it during the cold northern winters. We have put new tires and new brakes on it but have not had any other major problems. I have put over 108,000 miles on it. I just love this car !!

Reliability scores BIG
By Kelly on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Suzuki Sidekick JS 4dr SUV

I bought a dealers demo model with 7000 miles. Excellent value for the money. High milage female driver with BIG concerns about reliability. The car has surpassed my expectations! Other than a dying battery, have never had a mechanical problem in over 125,000 miles.

Solid, ultra dependable vehicle
By cribbsguy on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 4D Sidekick from a rental agency with 21000 miles on it. In a few months I started having engine problems. The spark plug wires were bad but it was fixed under a recall. Since then I have had no problems, other than the transmission does not want to come out of Park if I have driven the car just a couple miles w/o some wrangling. But I have 144K on it and it is extremely dependable. Interior is cheap, the doors sound tinny and it needs some more HP, but almost no rust and I have never spent a dime on anything outside of normal wear and tear. Great little car for the $13K I paid for it!

Good Little Workhorse
By eagle123 on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4dr SUV 4WD

In the time we have had this vehicle we have had few problems. We have regually towed with it. The only major repairs were a valve job done under warranty and a transmission/clutch replacement in March 2002. These parts failed primarilly due to abusive driving. There is a small bit of rust on a fender, but the thing has never been garaged and has been in a few fender benders due to distracted driving.