Used 2007 Suzuki Reno Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Suzuki Reno Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2007 Suzuki Reno Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Reno model:

Lousy car
By hikaru_n

2007 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is riddled with electrical and sensor problems. Had to get them to replace the headlights. Very bad acceleration and shifting. Probably the worst car I've ever had. It's my fault I didn't do enough research on this car. It was inexpensive and fun to drive but now I'm already really wanting to trade this piece of crap in for a mazda 3 hatchback. Which I should have bought in the first place. TRUST ME DO NOT BUY THIS CAR YOU WILL NOT DRIVE IT!

AUX output, capacious interior

more powerful engine, better transmission, better design

Should have had recalls
By clover5

2007 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine new and have always had an issue with it having gaps in acceleration. Dealer said nothing wrong. Clutch worn very fast 35 k or so. Dealer said I had to replace I still have not 142 k. My major problem is it has always had poor gas mileage and codes it is not running effiecient. I have replaced the throttle body and sensor since you can't get just the sensor, O2 sensors, plugs
wires etc. It has had all normal and regular maintenence. The "gaps" are getting worse and it is not an automatic. The automatic ones just shift gears at any time. No problems with these have ever been a recall. I owned a KIA before and never had any issues. I can see why these cars are gone !

None

Just poor design they never got the kinks out of and they do not stand behind the product !

Reno-Divorce
By anti_suzuki

2007 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My quarrel is not with the car, which is built in Korea by Daewoo, but with the service and treatment of the Suzuki dealers.
I have only had two issues with this car in 45,000 miles, but the last one was the last straw.
I was charged $278 to fix a defective $45 electronic sensor.
I watched the mechanic take 15 minutes, but they charged me 45 minutes labor. I told them what was wrong, internet supported common problem, and they charged me an additional $100 to diagnose it.
I am trying to unload the car now and I would caution EVERYONE away from Suzuki cars.
They dowble talk you with big warranties for which you still have to pay if the engine or trans do not fail completely.
Stay Away!

The day I find someone to take this car off of my hands and I can be free forever from Suzuki. I learned my lesson about how the Japanese stand by their cars. I was treated like a 2nd class citizen because I had a Reno and not a much more expensive Grand Vitara or Kuzaski or Pickup. I will never own another car made by Suzuki and when I am rid of this one, I will celebrate!

Treat ALL Suzuki owners the same, not like we have bought the red-headed stepchild of the Real Suzukis. Not once was I treated well or with respect, and the warranty they stick in your face is absolutely worthless unless it catastrophically fails, and then you will pay the labor! What a Joke! I guess they truly know the worth of their cars and their dependability!

manual transmission
By Ellen

2007 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am not happy at all with the transmission in this car. I am already repairing the clutch. the transmission has too much play and is very finicky with RPM to get a shift at the right time for "economy" I have always driven stick shifts. I have 48,000 on the car right now, as I commute a good distance to work. Would not be my choice again. I miss my KIA !!!!

None

The transmission for sure. better suspension !!

great car
By comgetsum

2007 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car in April of 07 when I got it it was bone stock I got the blue metallic I've since added 18'wheels intake, exhaust, chip, bigger injectors and ported and polished the intake. Have not had one issue with this car and im a abid street racer I keep up with evos and sti's this is awesome grand stock its very slow but for the money u get lots of standard features **** the Ford Focus there base modek car has crank handles to roll up the Windows. To bad they they dont make the Reno or forenza anymore I think Suzuki was dumb for recalling them.

Great handling, air blows ice cold and I'm Arizona where its 125 in the summer, reliable, very responsive.

I think they should offered a turbo charged motor, or a rally sport type car, like the sti's or evos.