2007 Suzuki Reno Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Reno model:
Should have had recalls
By clover5 on 01/10/13 21:27 PM (PST)

2007 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine new and have always had an issue with it having gaps in acceleration. Dealer said nothing wrong. Clutch worn very fast 35 k or so. Dealer said I had to replace I still have not 142 k. My major problem is it has always had poor gas mileage and codes it is not running effiecient. I have replaced the throttle body and sensor since you can't get just the sensor, O2 sensors, plugs wires etc. It has had all normal and regular maintenence. The "gaps" are getting worse and it is not an automatic. The automatic ones just shift gears at any time. No problems with these have ever been a recall. I owned a KIA before and never had any issues. I can see why these cars are gone !

Reno-Divorce
By anti_suzuki on 10/18/11 12:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My quarrel is not with the car, which is built in Korea by Daewoo, but with the service and treatment of the Suzuki dealers. I have only had two issues with this car in 45,000 miles, but the last one was the last straw. I was charged $278 to fix a defective $45 electronic sensor. I watched the mechanic take 15 minutes, but they charged me 45 minutes labor. I told them what was wrong, internet supported common problem, and they charged me an additional $100 to diagnose it. I am trying to unload the car now and I would caution EVERYONE away from Suzuki cars. They dowble talk you with big warranties for which you still have to pay if the engine or trans do not fail completely. Stay Away!

manual transmission
By Ellen on 09/09/09 19:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am not happy at all with the transmission in this car. I am already repairing the clutch. the transmission has too much play and is very finicky with RPM to get a shift at the right time for "economy" I have always driven stick shifts. I have 48,000 on the car right now, as I commute a good distance to work. Would not be my choice again. I miss my KIA !!!!

great car
By comgetsum on 09/03/09 22:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car in April of 07 when I got it it was bone stock I got the blue metallic I've since added 18'wheels intake, exhaust, chip, bigger injectors and ported and polished the intake. Have not had one issue with this car and im a abid street racer I keep up with evos and sti's this is awesome grand stock its very slow but for the money u get lots of standard features **** the Ford Focus there base modek car has crank handles to roll up the Windows. To bad they they dont make the Reno or forenza anymore I think Suzuki was dumb for recalling them.

Pleasantly Surprised
By jpcommute on 03/16/09 07:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a 5spd Reno (46K) for a commuter. I drive 90 miles round trip to work, about 90% interstate. The car is better than expected. The editor reviews seem to be a bit harsh. The ride is good, pretty quiet, handling is OK, peppy engine with the 5 spd, no problems merging etc.The standard features are way above the economy class norm. The mpg has been close to advertised, I have ranged between 26-28.5 mpg with an average 25% city 75% hwy driving. Hwy speeds between 70-77 mph. If you are looking for max mpg, look elsewhere, the Reno offers a pretty good package at the current used prices, shop around and get one at trade-in value and you will have a good 1st car or commuter.

Awesome Small Car
By shintaro on 10/15/08 23:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I had this car for almost 6 motnhs and never had a problem with it. I enjoy driving it and not bad on gas mileage, actually I bought the car to save gas even if I was looking for Chevy Cobalt. The dealer gave me this because the cobalt was a little bit expensive and I have another loan that's why they didn't gave me the Cobalt. Anyway, I didn't regret having this car. And it can fit up to 5 people including driver and you can park anywhere (easy to park) and as most everyone's saying. I did expect to get more than 31+ miles per gallon but I'm only getting 31 on highway and 24 city. And I compared the back seat to a Chevy Impala SS and the Reno was bigger. I like this car

Love My Reno
By devbot on 09/16/08 00:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Reno as a birthday present to myself. I love my car, and how it hasn't broken down yet. I've owned mine for about six months now. The interior is very roomy, and the instrument panel is very simple and logical. Styling is very European, and there's plenty of space in the trunk. My only real complaint about it, is that I wish there were a more powerful engine option. I know this is an economy car, but I really wish that it had like the SX-4 engine option. The suspension could be a little stiffer, I mean it handles well, but I'd like less body roll. Again I know this is an economy car, but sometimes you may have to do some avoidance maneuver.

Great bang for the buck
By blu5092 on 05/21/08 17:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have this car less than a year and have no issues so far. It is comfortable, quick and good on gas. If you floor it, only then do you suffer poor gas mileage. Sometimes I can't help it since I am so impressed by this small motor. For a 2.0 this car is very fast. For anyone who doesn't want to hurt their wallet, this car beats any toyota that's similar in size.

Great value
By revtomax on 10/18/07 03:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased one and I love it. Great looks, great paint, fun to drive. The options it comes with are great am, fm, cd player front and rear wipers, easy controls. Just a lot for a little. I have owned a Focus in the past and there is a lot in this car that the Focus didn't have for the price. And the warranty, well that itself almost sold me the car.

My Reno
By Dewalt on 09/22/07 18:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

First off, let me tell you that I am one of those guys that races every car I buy. I am a mechanic as well so I do all my own engine work. I have modified my Reno with minor modifications and I do pretty well at the track with it. Because of the type of car that it is no one ever sees it coming and they underestimate it. It does great on a drag strip but the handling leaves a lot to be desired. I bought the car for a work vehicle initially but then my curiosity got the better of me and now that I have raced it I am thoroughly impressed with it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.