2006 Suzuki Reno Consumer Review: Nothing but Trouble from the S

2006 Suzuki Reno - Consumer Review

Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Nothing but Trouble from the Start
By John on

2006 Suzuki Reno Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this Reno new and since day "two" it's been nothing but trouble. The second day it left us stranded and wouldn't start. The dealer towed it back said it was fixed. We got six miles from dealer it stopped again. The dealer had it for six days returned it said it was all fixed. Then three days later the same thing happened, it wouldn't start. The dealer had it again and replaced more parts. It runs now, but gets poor fuel economy - only 20 mpg in the city. Yesterday my wife started it, turned on heater, and it sounded like a bomb went off. There was some acorns packed in heater. We called dealer and he said it was not their problem. I took it apart and there is NO screen over the heater motor under hood and it was full of nuts. The tranny still doesn't shift right. I will never buy another Suzuki. It is the worst car I have ever bought!

Favorite Features

It looks good, but that's it.

Suggested Improvements

I've been trying to trade it in on anything since it had 400 miles on it. The highest trade in offer so far has been $7,800. Suzuki should take this car back and all others that have the same problems to save their name. Good luck for those looking for a new car. Don't buy a Suzuki Reno. It hs the worst car I have purchased in 38 years.