Used 2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Reno model:

So far - so good
By BK

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have 30,000 miles on our Reno and have not had it in the shop yet. It starts easily and is pretty good on fuel. I drive 40 miles round trip to work and run a few errands around town in it. It is a manual 5 speed and we average 35 miles per gallon consistantly around town. The air is pretty weak and living in Florida can be a bit frustrating. Overall, we have been pleased but we are holding our breath. We also owned a Suzuki Verona at the same time that was a nightmare - we finally got rid of it, thank God.

Looks good, rides well, reliable (so far)

Better air conditioning system,

Some Quirks
By Good & Bad

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

To start, let me say I really do love this car. But, it has had many problems that make it annoying at times. I had the problem with it not starting for the 1st 6mo I had it-the dealership could never fix it but it stopped happening. Then I had an airflow problem (scary)- The tires wore out (low profile)at 24000. And, I've had non-stop issues with the airbag sensor, that they just can't seem to fix. I was just told that it would probably need a new Serp. belt soon. But, the car is fun to drive, sporty, decent on mpg. MPG could be better for a car this size, but It's better than an SUV! If you know how to drive the automatic as a manual (as you can in this car) really gets up and goes.

Roomy & larger inside than it looks from the outside. Great warranty. Suzuki gives rental cars when warranty work is done. That's better than most companies!

Speed up the wipers, improve the output for the air conditioner & mpg. Fix the starting issues and air bag sensor.

Happy so far.
By Reno Owner

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought a 06 Reno a few years ago and so far has been a reliable car, overall I like the car. I'm around 6-2ish and I fit comfortably into the vehicle. No knees into the glove box, no hair touching the upholstry on the roor. Has gotten a bit cramped with the addition of a car seat, had to move pass seat forward. Have not had any major mechanical problems to this point. Have not experienced the bad starting as some others have. Did eat through the factory serp belt though by 36,000. Have flushed the engine cooling system and serviced the auto trans, no problems with the fluid exchanges either. MPG is nothing to totally rave about, but full it once a week, not terrible.

Interior room and visual appeal. Been reliable, kinda different, has some pep. Inenpensive, wonderful "couple" car. Nice sound system.

Improve MPG a bit.

Reno's great mileage and Comfort
By Robert Garrison

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I kept looking at that Reno sitting up a pedistal outside the dearlership for about a month. The looks and the price was very attractive. I decided to stop and see how the performance was and to tell you the truth. I was actually surprised by what that 2.0 liter will do. If your not afraid to put your foot in it, it will get you down the road quick. Anyway, I am 6'2" and I fit in that car like Jim Carey says, "like a glovvvveee". It handles real well, and the mileage...OMG...I go to Illinois from Alabama and I don't stop for gas until I get to Champagne which is like 450 miles from Huntsville. I love this car. Great car!

European style and durability

The A/C could have a bit more power, but it works. But that's not an excuse Suzuki to leave as it is...keep that in mind!

Awesome toy
By russgoble

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car and to be honest with you, stock, the car isn't much, but after putting some 17" rims, limo tint, a sound system, underglow light, a custom grille and much more, that car has turned into a one of a kind here where I live. The manual has a lot more power than it look like. Adding NOS, turbo chargers, intake, exhaust will really make this car get up and race with the best. If anyone wants a car at an affordable price that you want to fix up and make unique, then I recommend this car

Very roomy and awesome on gas.

Bigger air conditioner vents. Put shorter shifters on the manuals.