2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback Consumer Reviews 3

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Reno model:
Under the Shadow
By JP007 on 11/14/06 17:16 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

While overshadowed by bigger names such as the Toyota Scion series, Mazda, Honda, and others, the Suzuki Reno stands as the under dog. With "European Styling", a comfortable and spacious interior,a fun driving experience, and an affordable price tag, the Suzuki Reno is perfect for the average college student or young person. The Reno is an all-around fun car, and you wont be embarrassed to show it off to your friends. I would suggest the Suzuki Reno to anyone in the market for a very nice and practical new car.

Call This a "Bug"gy
By knoxvilledavid on 10/25/06 19:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Reno is a great car if you like getting 20 mpg around town, and cranking the engine multiple times to get her started. I had to crank my '06 two dozen times once trying to go home from work for an appointment. Add to that several trips for service every few days for nine months while Suzuki's "engineers" worked out a "fix." The "fix" should have been to give me a full refund of my money!

Don't buy this car!
By Cris on 10/13/06 12:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Suzuki Reno is totally unreliable. After I had the car for just five days, I began to have problems starting my 2006 Reno every morning. After two and a half weeks with the car in the shop, I was put in a 2007 Reno, which developed “hard start” issues, again in five days. In both cars, the “passenger airbag off” light stayed illuminated regardless of my having a passenger. The dealer put me back in the original Reno, claiming it’s been fixed, which I do not trust yet. Suzuki never returns my phone calls. Their customer service is non-existent. If I could get them to void my contract, I would and I would never again buy a Suzuki or recommend one to anyone, even my worst enemy. Don’t even consider this car!

Horrible Experience
By Tabitha Harmon on 09/25/06 11:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback Premium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car to have a dependable vehicle. It has had so many problems. I have had it in the shop for the transmission (5x), the washer fluid box (2x), the air bag (1x), the windshield wipers (2x), and the AC (5x). Every time, the dealership promises the car is fixed, but it certainly is not. Now they are saying they are not going to pay to have the AC fixed because they claim a mouse has gotten in it. Yet, they have no proof of this. I'm really getting fed up with Suzuki.

I Love the Little Car
By David on 07/28/06 09:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback Premium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at the Reno as a way to save gas money and miles on my "toy" that is horible on gas and was racking up too many miles. I like the usefulness of the hatch, the features, and best of all the price. I have not had any real problems with the car with the exception of a computer reflash that fixed the idle problem. I hit it a bit on performance (see below), but the car is fun to drive and performs up to expectations and then sum when compared to the direct competition. I still like to drive my expensive sports car, but don't miss it too much on comutes in the reno. Oh, its gas milage is realy good. I keep track of it. I geuss Suzuki doesn't overblow the numbers like most do.

Quality Car
By JING on 07/25/06 07:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Suzuki Reno has a great air conditioner, it's cold air at start-up, and tinted windows, something the other small cars do not seem to have. These things have a lot of value in the Southwest desert. It runs smoothly and is very quiet at and above the posted speed limit on the highway. The seats are comfortable and the audio is great. It comes standard with 4 wheel disc brakes and good sized 15" tires.

The Most Power and Style for the Money
By JC on 06/07/06 12:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Reno is a great car with Italian design. It has more power than the Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit, Scion xA or XB, and the Chevrolet Aveo. It has more standard features and a longer warranty as well. I bought this car for well below invoice. I love this car. You can not find a better value. Compare it piece by piece to the others and you will see.

Great Car for the Money
By Tony on 06/04/06 12:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased this car because of its looks and how it drives, On the road all you see these days is Hondas and Toyotas I wanted to be diffrent and bought a Reno. The car is very spacious and very confortable, it rides well too.

Reno-The most overlooked compact
By Tony123 on 06/02/06 19:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Suzuki makes a great car. The build quality, fit and finish a reliability challenge the best compacts out there. But it seems that the rest of the world sees Suzuki's as "bottom of the barrel" cars. This is definitely not true. I have been so pleased with my Reno. My gas mileage is better then what the sticker stated. I average 32-34 mpg with local driving. The car is extremely roomy and comfortable. The transmission is smooth and easy-maybe not as refined as a Sentra or Corolla - but better than any Focus, Cobalt or Elantra. I just bought my wife an XL-7, she loves it. If you like the European style and the practical benefits of a hatchback, test drive a Reno-you will be pleasantly surprised.

Not too Shabby
By tiffany on 05/04/06 07:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new after months of looking online at CPO / used cars. I actually got it for well below invoice price, which was one major reason that I purchased it. I am pleasantly surprised by the quality and performance of it. The interior is simple yet stylish, and has plenty of room. The exterior is a sleek, European hatchback look. There are great features included for the price. I am actually pretty happy with my purchase. The only thing I am disappointed in is the fuel economy. A car this small should be able to get more than 22 mpg (city). My '03 Honda Civic gets 29 mpg.