Used 2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Suzuki Reno - Consumer Reviews

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Reno model:

No problems in 30,000 Miles
By PSJ

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Love the car. Got what I expected which was reliable service with no a problem to date at 30 thousand miles. Car has good vision fields and ride is tight and solid but it is a small car ride so if you think you're getting a Lexus at this price wakeup... although with all the radio and cruise controls on the steering wheel you will feel like you got more than you paid for. Oldest kid going off for college this fall. She wants and will get one for graduation.

Favorite Features

Sunroof and sound system

They "Got" me!!
By K. payne

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

we purchased our reno right after we got married as a 2nd car, boy what a mistake we made. I think the car stayed in the shop more than we drove it; head light continues to go out for now reason, airbag light on, dealer don't know why, no good a/c heater output, replaced tires under a year, middle console will not close and we had to the timing belt in less than a year. This car is a piece of crap, can't trade cause it's worth nothing. Biggest mistake we ever made

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Give me my money back that I paid for the car and every penney we spent in repairs. Somebody should be going to jail for such a poorly made car.

Bad Car
By Kat

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the worst car I have ever owned. I started having problems when it was only a few weeks old. It took forever to get the problem fixed. Then the car had the head light not working problem. Then my front drivers seat came disconnected from the base. The tires wore out in under a year. The check engine light keeps coming on for no reason. The mileage is not good for that small a car. I was just told that I already need to replace the rear breaks. The service from Suzuki is bad. They knew about the starter problem when I called and told me they were working on a fix, I would just have to wait. I only had the car for less then a month. It is a bad, bad, bad car. I used to love Suzuki.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Don't sell cars that you know are a piece of junk. If it is just a bad individual car, then take it back for the reputation of the company. I will never buy one again, and have discouraged many others from even looking.

So far - so good
By BK

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have 30,000 miles on our Reno and have not had it in the shop yet. It starts easily and is pretty good on fuel. I drive 40 miles round trip to work and run a few errands around town in it. It is a manual 5 speed and we average 35 miles per gallon consistantly around town. The air is pretty weak and living in Florida can be a bit frustrating. Overall, we have been pleased but we are holding our breath. We also owned a Suzuki Verona at the same time that was a nightmare - we finally got rid of it, thank God.

Favorite Features

Looks good, rides well, reliable (so far)

Suggested Improvements

Better air conditioning system,

Some Quirks
By Good & Bad

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

To start, let me say I really do love this car. But, it has had many problems that make it annoying at times. I had the problem with it not starting for the 1st 6mo I had it-the dealership could never fix it but it stopped happening. Then I had an airflow problem (scary)- The tires wore out (low profile)at 24000. And, I've had non-stop issues with the airbag sensor, that they just can't seem to fix. I was just told that it would probably need a new Serp. belt soon. But, the car is fun to drive, sporty, decent on mpg. MPG could be better for a car this size, but It's better than an SUV! If you know how to drive the automatic as a manual (as you can in this car) really gets up and goes.

Favorite Features

Roomy & larger inside than it looks from the outside. Great warranty. Suzuki gives rental cars when warranty work is done. That's better than most companies!

Suggested Improvements

Speed up the wipers, improve the output for the air conditioner & mpg. Fix the starting issues and air bag sensor.