Used 2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Suzuki Reno - Consumer Reviews

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Reno model:

The worst car ever!
By Jena

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my vehicle in 2007. I hate it. It only has 3,000. miles on it. My transmission is failing, the air bag light is on, and engine light is on too. I called Suzuki to help me. But I have to pay for everything to see what's wrong and most thing aren't covered. It doesn't start always. I have 2 children and i am unemployed at this time. They told me that only interior thing are covered under warranty until 100,000 miles. The transmission is not shifting right and it jerks when it shifts. Gas not so good. I called corporate and they couldn't help me either. Not worth the money. Too many problems. And its not only me. What should I do.

Favorite Features

nothing.

Suggested Improvements

Don't buy this vehicle! Trust me! Better off paying more money for a better vehicle.

Worst car ever buyers beware
By dk676

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my car because i needed a four door due to having a child & i wish i never had! I had over $600 in work done and was told it should help the gas mileage it made it worse. Now they tell me its normal. They dont tell you about recalls until you call for other issues or hear about it from someone else. I had the transmission replaced & that took over two weeks & 2 different transmissions. The dealer never called me i had to call them to check on the car. My brother also has one and he has had his in the shop more than he gets to drive it. My suggestion is dont ever buy a suziki they are the biggest piece of crap ever made & they dont care as long as you are making your payments!

Favorite Features

None I hate this car. I am a single mom stuck paying for a car that i dont even feel safe putting my kid in. I stopped calling the dealership because they dont even care.

Suggested Improvements

Take all of them back and crush them, i dont even think you should use the parts off of them. The whole car is worthless.

Great Car for a Low Price
By Wunderly

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bout this car used at 4600 miles for about 6 grand at an auto auction. I have had this car for almost a year and I have have no problems with it so far, engine is easy to maintain. one issue is that the dashboard can glare on to the windshield, but other then that small detail the car is a good one to own for high school and college age kids.

Favorite Features

the shape of the dash board and gauges, good speakers and tweeters on all four doors, and a large amount of storage capabilities.

Suggested Improvements

if you have the money, upgrading the music deck is worth it, because the speakers will sound ten times better. but for the most part the standard deck will hold you for a while.

Underrated Commuter Superstar!
By Jamin

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I work as a salesperson in the car business and I drive a variety of cars and trucks on a daily basis. Some are nicer, faster, bigger, and tow better than others. For me, this vehicle works. I work downtown and I needed a small, reliable commuter that was reasonable on gas but still fun to drive. This car delivers. I bought it with just over 40k miles on it and so far have had no problems. The flat torque curve of this engine allows it to pull even in 5 gear which is unusual for a car this size. I went with an 8 for reliability due to my short ownership. The car handles like a go-cart and winds up nicely. I paid 6k used (it's a 2006)- (a deal a customer could have gotten) Value-wise-- 10!

Favorite Features

Good fit and finish, solid stereo system, love the 5 speed and the torque. Love that with no keyless entry the car still has actuators in the doors. Has predictable handling limits and good visibility.

Suggested Improvements

6 speed manual would be fantastic. ABS and side impact airbags in the seats standard would also be great. The engine is a bit noisy when it winds up and could use more sound- dampening material between the engine and the cabin.

Reliable Little Buggy for 2 Years Now
By Harvester

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This has to be one of the best deals I've ever gotten on a used car. Bought it less than a year old, with 8500 miles. The cost was already 2/3 of a new one. All the complaints I've read about have never happened to me. There were 3 recalls that the Suzuki dealer performed - one for a wiring harness, one for a seatbelt thing, and the other for the running lights. I took this car on a road trip across Texas and back and was very good on gas. For $200 I put a Pioneer radio and it made all the difference in the world. The speakers are actually very nice sounding if you put some wattage behind them.

Favorite Features

Very good bang for the buck.

Suggested Improvements

Needs an upgraded radio