Used 2006 Suzuki Reno Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Suzuki Reno - Consumer Reviews

2006 Suzuki Reno

View reviews for a specific Reno model:

Bad Car
By Kat

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the worst car I have ever owned. I started having problems when it was only a few weeks old. It took forever to get the problem fixed. Then the car had the head light not working problem. Then my front drivers seat came disconnected from the base. The tires wore out in under a year. The check engine light keeps coming on for no reason. The mileage is not good for that small a car. I was just told that I already need to replace the rear breaks. The service from Suzuki is bad. They knew about the starter problem when I called and told me they were working on a fix, I would just have to wait. I only had the car for less then a month. It is a bad, bad, bad car. I used to love Suzuki.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Don't sell cars that you know are a piece of junk. If it is just a bad individual car, then take it back for the reputation of the company. I will never buy one again, and have discouraged many others from even looking.

Don't buy this car!
By Cris

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Suzuki Reno is totally unreliable. After I had the car for just five days, I began to have problems starting my 2006 Reno every morning. After two and a half weeks with the car in the shop, I was put in a 2007 Reno, which developed “hard start” issues, again in five days. In both cars, the “passenger airbag off” light stayed illuminated regardless of my having a passenger. The dealer put me back in the original Reno, claiming it’s been fixed, which I do not trust yet. Suzuki never returns my phone calls. Their customer service is non-existent. If I could get them to void my contract, I would and I would never again buy a Suzuki or recommend one to anyone, even my worst enemy. Don’t even consider this car!

Suggested Improvements

Figure out the computer system which is supposedly to blame for my problems! The car should be debugged by the 3rd model year!

They "Got" me!!
By K. payne

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

we purchased our reno right after we got married as a 2nd car, boy what a mistake we made. I think the car stayed in the shop more than we drove it; head light continues to go out for now reason, airbag light on, dealer don't know why, no good a/c heater output, replaced tires under a year, middle console will not close and we had to the timing belt in less than a year. This car is a piece of crap, can't trade cause it's worth nothing. Biggest mistake we ever made

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Give me my money back that I paid for the car and every penney we spent in repairs. Somebody should be going to jail for such a poorly made car.

The worst car ever!
By Jena

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my vehicle in 2007. I hate it. It only has 3,000. miles on it. My transmission is failing, the air bag light is on, and engine light is on too. I called Suzuki to help me. But I have to pay for everything to see what's wrong and most thing aren't covered. It doesn't start always. I have 2 children and i am unemployed at this time. They told me that only interior thing are covered under warranty until 100,000 miles. The transmission is not shifting right and it jerks when it shifts. Gas not so good. I called corporate and they couldn't help me either. Not worth the money. Too many problems. And its not only me. What should I do.

Favorite Features

nothing.

Suggested Improvements

Don't buy this vehicle! Trust me! Better off paying more money for a better vehicle.

Worst car ever buyers beware
By dk676

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my car because i needed a four door due to having a child & i wish i never had! I had over $600 in work done and was told it should help the gas mileage it made it worse. Now they tell me its normal. They dont tell you about recalls until you call for other issues or hear about it from someone else. I had the transmission replaced & that took over two weeks & 2 different transmissions. The dealer never called me i had to call them to check on the car. My brother also has one and he has had his in the shop more than he gets to drive it. My suggestion is dont ever buy a suziki they are the biggest piece of crap ever made & they dont care as long as you are making your payments!

Favorite Features

None I hate this car. I am a single mom stuck paying for a car that i dont even feel safe putting my kid in. I stopped calling the dealership because they dont even care.

Suggested Improvements

Take all of them back and crush them, i dont even think you should use the parts off of them. The whole car is worthless.