2006 Suzuki Reno - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Reno model:
No problems in 30,000 Miles
By PSJ on 04/24/09 06:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Love the car. Got what I expected which was reliable service with no a problem to date at 30 thousand miles. Car has good vision fields and ride is tight and solid but it is a small car ride so if you think you're getting a Lexus at this price wakeup... although with all the radio and cruise controls on the steering wheel you will feel like you got more than you paid for. Oldest kid going off for college this fall. She wants and will get one for graduation.

They "Got" me!!
By K. payne on 02/27/09 04:13 AM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

we purchased our reno right after we got married as a 2nd car, boy what a mistake we made. I think the car stayed in the shop more than we drove it; head light continues to go out for now reason, airbag light on, dealer don't know why, no good a/c heater output, replaced tires under a year, middle console will not close and we had to the timing belt in less than a year. This car is a piece of crap, can't trade cause it's worth nothing. Biggest mistake we ever made

Bad Car
By Kat on 01/08/09 14:51 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the worst car I have ever owned. I started having problems when it was only a few weeks old. It took forever to get the problem fixed. Then the car had the head light not working problem. Then my front drivers seat came disconnected from the base. The tires wore out in under a year. The check engine light keeps coming on for no reason. The mileage is not good for that small a car. I was just told that I already need to replace the rear breaks. The service from Suzuki is bad. They knew about the starter problem when I called and told me they were working on a fix, I would just have to wait. I only had the car for less then a month. It is a bad, bad, bad car. I used to love Suzuki.

So far - so good
By BK on 07/14/08 08:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have 30,000 miles on our Reno and have not had it in the shop yet. It starts easily and is pretty good on fuel. I drive 40 miles round trip to work and run a few errands around town in it. It is a manual 5 speed and we average 35 miles per gallon consistantly around town. The air is pretty weak and living in Florida can be a bit frustrating. Overall, we have been pleased but we are holding our breath. We also owned a Suzuki Verona at the same time that was a nightmare - we finally got rid of it, thank God.

Some Quirks
By Good & Bad on 06/20/08 00:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

To start, let me say I really do love this car. But, it has had many problems that make it annoying at times. I had the problem with it not starting for the 1st 6mo I had it-the dealership could never fix it but it stopped happening. Then I had an airflow problem (scary)- The tires wore out (low profile)at 24000. And, I've had non-stop issues with the airbag sensor, that they just can't seem to fix. I was just told that it would probably need a new Serp. belt soon. But, the car is fun to drive, sporty, decent on mpg. MPG could be better for a car this size, but It's better than an SUV! If you know how to drive the automatic as a manual (as you can in this car) really gets up and goes.

Happy so far.
By Reno Owner on 05/29/08 06:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought a 06 Reno a few years ago and so far has been a reliable car, overall I like the car. I'm around 6-2ish and I fit comfortably into the vehicle. No knees into the glove box, no hair touching the upholstry on the roor. Has gotten a bit cramped with the addition of a car seat, had to move pass seat forward. Have not had any major mechanical problems to this point. Have not experienced the bad starting as some others have. Did eat through the factory serp belt though by 36,000. Have flushed the engine cooling system and serviced the auto trans, no problems with the fluid exchanges either. MPG is nothing to totally rave about, but full it once a week, not terrible.

Reno's great mileage and Comfort
By Robert Garrison on 03/15/08 04:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I kept looking at that Reno sitting up a pedistal outside the dearlership for about a month. The looks and the price was very attractive. I decided to stop and see how the performance was and to tell you the truth. I was actually surprised by what that 2.0 liter will do. If your not afraid to put your foot in it, it will get you down the road quick. Anyway, I am 6'2" and I fit in that car like Jim Carey says, "like a glovvvveee". It handles real well, and the mileage...OMG...I go to Illinois from Alabama and I don't stop for gas until I get to Champagne which is like 450 miles from Huntsville. I love this car. Great car!

Awesome toy
By russgoble on 08/12/07 22:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car and to be honest with you, stock, the car isn't much, but after putting some 17" rims, limo tint, a sound system, underglow light, a custom grille and much more, that car has turned into a one of a kind here where I live. The manual has a lot more power than it look like. Adding NOS, turbo chargers, intake, exhaust will really make this car get up and race with the best. If anyone wants a car at an affordable price that you want to fix up and make unique, then I recommend this car

My Little Tomato
By little red tomato on 01/22/07 11:17 AM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I like my little red tomato. It's great on gas, I went from Patchogue to Riverhead everyday and it costs me $20 - $25 filling at 1/4 tank, depending on the gas prices for the week. For the price it's a good car, I haven't had any problems.

Nothing but Trouble from the Start
By John on 11/21/06 11:15 AM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Reno Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this Reno new and since day "two" it's been nothing but trouble. The second day it left us stranded and wouldn't start. The dealer towed it back said it was fixed. We got six miles from dealer it stopped again. The dealer had it for six days returned it said it was all fixed. Then three days later the same thing happened, it wouldn't start. The dealer had it again and replaced more parts. It runs now, but gets poor fuel economy - only 20 mpg in the city. Yesterday my wife started it, turned on heater, and it sounded like a bomb went off. There was some acorns packed in heater. We called dealer and he said it was not their problem. I took it apart and there is NO screen over the heater motor under hood and it was full of nuts. The tranny still doesn't shift right. I will never buy another Suzuki. It is the worst car I have ever bought!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.