Used 2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Reno model:

Worst mistake of my life
By Sansaloo

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car and an emergency car in January 2014 after I totaled my last car. Car was great for 5 months when the check engine came on. Turns out it was the throttle body, which was no longer made. Dealt with it for another year and few months before everything started going wrong. Lower control arms needed replaced, quickly followed by having to replace the entire shifter assembly. Both front and rear struts need replaced, including the mounting and stabilizers. Rack and pinions are starting to leak, has to replace a oil gasket, and now the throttle position sensor is shot. Only a dealer can calibrate a new one, and you have to replace the whole throttle body, not just the sensor. Only 69100 miles on this car, it shouldn't have all these issues!

I dont get it
By aaron98762001

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've been reading reviews and not one was good. My reno will fly, i read one that said it had trouble keeping up in traffic. To be a 2.0 this car is fast, i believe very dependable. I've had no trouble,
it's a little rough on gas. But alot better than my 6 cylinder.

2006 Suzuki Reno
By dora5

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my car in 2011 at 48,000 miles, and the biggest problem is that it isn't good on gas.

Also, I was told by a mechanic at a a Goodyear Service Center two days ago that I might need struts, rack and pinion work and rods!!! Even though the car was given a clean bill of health just six months ago, and only has 52,000 miles on it. Today, I went to the Suzuki authorized service center and they said I don't need anything but an alignment and new wipers. They thought the struts where getting dry, but not a problem. Seems to me Goodyear wanted to make a little money.

To be safe, I am taking it to a third shop just in case. Luckily, I purchased an extended warranty.

Piece of junk
By Ed

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in 2006. Since then its been in the shop at least 6 times. I've had major issues with the transmission sensor. When the sensor goes bad the car does not move. I was driving this car to work at the speed limit of 50, then I had to stop for a light, when I was taking off the check engine light came on and the car had almost no power. If I knew then what I know now I would have opted for a better car. I would never purchase another Suzuki. I guess you get what you pay for. Oh and getting rid of it is much more difficult considering its worthless.

none.

everything.

2nd Reno and would buy again
By CableGuy30

2006 Suzuki Reno Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Ok. So I see all these bad reviews on here, and dealing with the public I know more people complain than compliment. So here goes my story. This is my second Reno. First one had for 9 months, 27,000 miles. No problems. Until it got totaled when got hit by a semi truck. I walked away from the wreck. This one now has 76,000 miles and no problems. The a/c is poor, but tint the Windows and that takes care of 2 things at once. Makes the car look even better and helps the a/c. I wish they still made this car cause I would buy another one.

All the power options, nice sounding radio, easy to get around town in, RELIABILITY!

Make it to where you can lock the doors without having to stick the key in the lock when getting out if car doesn't have keyless, Better A/C, maybe standard keyless entry since the actuators are already in the doors anyways, a little better MPG.