2006 Suzuki Reno - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Reno model:
I dont get it
By aaron98762001 on 12/13/13 15:00 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've been reading reviews and not one was good. My reno will fly, i read one that said it had trouble keeping up in traffic. To be a 2.0 this car is fast, i believe very dependable. I've had no trouble, it's a little rough on gas. But alot better than my 6 cylinder.

2006 Suzuki Reno
By dora5 on 05/16/12 16:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my car in 2011 at 48,000 miles, and the biggest problem is that it isn't good on gas. Also, I was told by a mechanic at a a Goodyear Service Center two days ago that I might need struts, rack and pinion work and rods!!! Even though the car was given a clean bill of health just six months ago, and only has 52,000 miles on it. Today, I went to the Suzuki authorized service center and they said I don't need anything but an alignment and new wipers. They thought the struts where getting dry, but not a problem. Seems to me Goodyear wanted to make a little money. To be safe, I am taking it to a third shop just in case. Luckily, I purchased an extended warranty.

Piece of junk
By Ed on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in 2006. Since then its been in the shop at least 6 times. I've had major issues with the transmission sensor. When the sensor goes bad the car does not move. I was driving this car to work at the speed limit of 50, then I had to stop for a light, when I was taking off the check engine light came on and the car had almost no power. If I knew then what I know now I would have opted for a better car. I would never purchase another Suzuki. I guess you get what you pay for. Oh and getting rid of it is much more difficult considering its worthless.

2nd Reno and would buy again
By CableGuy30 on 07/17/10 00:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Ok. So I see all these bad reviews on here, and dealing with the public I know more people complain than compliment. So here goes my story. This is my second Reno. First one had for 9 months, 27,000 miles. No problems. Until it got totaled when got hit by a semi truck. I walked away from the wreck. This one now has 76,000 miles and no problems. The a/c is poor, but tint the Windows and that takes care of 2 things at once. Makes the car look even better and helps the a/c. I wish they still made this car cause I would buy another one.

Okay Car for the Money
By Renee' on 07/12/10 11:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used. I have not had to do anything to it except oil changes and standard maintenance stuff. It's almost time to replace the tires. The price of the standard tires was higher than I expected. Every tire place I went to said they were not a size they stocked, so that was surprising. But overall, I really like the car so far. Have not had any mechanical issues. The main thing is to remember it is an inexpensive car, don't expect it to drive like a Mercedes or you're setting yourself up for disappointment. But great car, glad we bought it.

The worst car ever!
By Jena on 05/21/10 16:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my vehicle in 2007. I hate it. It only has 3,000. miles on it. My transmission is failing, the air bag light is on, and engine light is on too. I called Suzuki to help me. But I have to pay for everything to see what's wrong and most thing aren't covered. It doesn't start always. I have 2 children and i am unemployed at this time. They told me that only interior thing are covered under warranty until 100,000 miles. The transmission is not shifting right and it jerks when it shifts. Gas not so good. I called corporate and they couldn't help me either. Not worth the money. Too many problems. And its not only me. What should I do.

Worst car ever buyers beware
By dk676 on 12/27/09 13:57 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my car because i needed a four door due to having a child & i wish i never had! I had over $600 in work done and was told it should help the gas mileage it made it worse. Now they tell me its normal. They dont tell you about recalls until you call for other issues or hear about it from someone else. I had the transmission replaced & that took over two weeks & 2 different transmissions. The dealer never called me i had to call them to check on the car. My brother also has one and he has had his in the shop more than he gets to drive it. My suggestion is dont ever buy a suziki they are the biggest piece of crap ever made & they dont care as long as you are making your payments!

Great Car for a Low Price
By Wunderly on 12/17/09 16:39 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Reno Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bout this car used at 4600 miles for about 6 grand at an auto auction. I have had this car for almost a year and I have have no problems with it so far, engine is easy to maintain. one issue is that the dashboard can glare on to the windshield, but other then that small detail the car is a good one to own for high school and college age kids.

Underrated Commuter Superstar!
By Jamin on 11/16/09 16:56 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Reno Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I work as a salesperson in the car business and I drive a variety of cars and trucks on a daily basis. Some are nicer, faster, bigger, and tow better than others. For me, this vehicle works. I work downtown and I needed a small, reliable commuter that was reasonable on gas but still fun to drive. This car delivers. I bought it with just over 40k miles on it and so far have had no problems. The flat torque curve of this engine allows it to pull even in 5 gear which is unusual for a car this size. I went with an 8 for reliability due to my short ownership. The car handles like a go-cart and winds up nicely. I paid 6k used (it's a 2006)- (a deal a customer could have gotten) Value-wise-- 10!

Reliable Little Buggy for 2 Years Now
By Harvester on 05/15/09 22:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This has to be one of the best deals I've ever gotten on a used car. Bought it less than a year old, with 8500 miles. The cost was already 2/3 of a new one. All the complaints I've read about have never happened to me. There were 3 recalls that the Suzuki dealer performed - one for a wiring harness, one for a seatbelt thing, and the other for the running lights. I took this car on a road trip across Texas and back and was very good on gas. For $200 I put a Pioneer radio and it made all the difference in the world. The speakers are actually very nice sounding if you put some wattage behind them.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.