2005 Suzuki Reno 2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Why I DIDN'T get a

2005 Suzuki Reno - Consumer Review

Why I DIDN'T get a Reno
By DC on

2005 Suzuki Reno LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Although I was impressed with the Reno LX's ride, features, performance, and quiet cabin, the following items turned me away. 1. Very weak AC, which I found in all three Renos I drove. Sub-par at best. 2. Poorly designed sunroof operation, with no "one-touch" closing, requiring you to keep a finger on the button and your eyes on the sunroof as it closes, meaning having to take your eyes off the road to make sure it stops and seals where it should instead of going into vent mode. Frustrating, and a safety hazard while driving. 3. Tight rear storage. Not enough lateral room for my guitar cases without putting seatbacks down. That means no passengers. 4. Sub-par gas mileage No thanks.

Favorite Features

Styling, comfort, features, quiet cabin, and price.

Suggested Improvements

AC has MUCH room for improvement! Make the sunroof operation more convenient so the driver doesn't have to take his/her eyes off the road to make sure it's closed and sealed properly. Improve gas mileage. The new Hyundai Sonata gets better mileage with better acceleration, and is a much larger car.