Used 2005 Suzuki Reno Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki Reno - Consumer Reviews

2005 Suzuki Reno

View reviews for a specific Reno model:

Suszki Reno's water pump problems
By Suszuki problems

2005 Suzuki Reno LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At 4,000 miles, less than 6 months old, the timing belt went out because of a faulty water pump. My car had major motor damage and spent three weeks in the shop and Suzuki knew of the problem and refused to recall the Reno. Now I can not trust the vehicle.

It drove very nicely prior to this.

Suzuki should have recalled the vehicle prior to it stopping in the middle of the street and causing so much damage to the engine. Do not put the water pump with the timing chain.

Suzuki Reno
By John

2005 Suzuki Reno LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought the car, I loved it. Specially the one on display which had special rims and tinted windows. I had decided to get a manual but ended buying the auto. I read reviews and the person did not recommended doing this, but to me it's a very reliabable car. I drove it during the snow and it took me to and back from work. The only thing that I don't like is the fact that is not good when it comes to gas.

The exterior and the sporty looks.

Make it more fuel efficient.

Reno - Good Car, Little Money
By Beverly O.

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was apprehensive about buying a small car such as the Reno, but after test driving the Kia Rio and then the Suzuki Reno I was assured that the Reno was the car for me. The Reno out-performed the Rio with its acceleration, comfort, noise level and cost! I love my little Reno. It would be just perfect if only it got a wee bit better gas mileage for its size.

The tilt steering, CD / MP3 player, hatchback, power windows, and comfy seating.

A louder horn and better placement for ease horn use would be nice. Also, its standard features should include power locks and remote keyless entry. The Reno could get better fuel mileage.

Great Little Car
By redsox8191

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My Suzuki Reno is the second Suzuki I have owned. I also currently own an XL-7. I LOVE this car. The interior is set up great and there is plenty of room for me and the kids. The sound system rocks and the ride is as smooth as silk. The braking with the 4 disk brakes is sharp and the speed sensitive steering is awesome...especially in parking lots etc. The only knock I have so far is the gas mileage isn't great. Hopefully that will improve as the car gets broken in better. I highly recommend this vehicle to those looking for a small reliable car! You can't beat the 7 year / 100,000 mile warranty either!

The speed sensitive steering, 4 disk brakes, 8 speaker CD / MP3 stereo. I also love the radio controls on the steering wheel!

My only complaint is the gas mileage...it could be better for such a small car.

Great on a Budget
By The Newlyweds

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We recently purchased a new 2005 Suzuki Reno. We are very pleased with our purchase. We love how quiet and relaxing it was to drive/ride in. The gas mileage is pretty good (30mpg). We also own a '97 Geo Metro so we're big on gas mileage. We were complaining about wanting more room on longer trips and wanting 4 doors. So we very pleased with the roomy interior, safety features, and the hatchback style. The cargo room is something we have been wanting more of and we are thrilled! We can't wait to go on our first camping trip!

The roomy interior, split folding seats, the fact that it is so kid-friendly/family friendly, and the stereo control on the steering wheel. It's a stylish and comfortable vehicle.

The only thing I wish it had on the base model was cruise control. I can install a remote starter and keyless entry myself...but the cruise control is what I think would make this car an 11! But we are completely confident with our purchase.