Used 2005 Suzuki Reno Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki Reno - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Reno model:

Worst first purchase!
By Meg

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I jumped into this car way too fast. I have an automatic and it has to be the slowest ever. My car's nick name is "I think I can" because that is what I feel like when I try to pass someone! I have had my car only a year and a half. This car has been in the shop at least 5 times! My computer has been reset twice already! Then my head lights went... an electrical problem. Also the paint is completely gone off my back fenders! My dealership repainted this once and they refuse to do it again. All the paint had chipped off because of the design.

NA

More pick up!

Buyer Beware
By psgibas

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is not only poor when it comes to fuel economy, but the technical problems I had with it go beyond my apprehension. I had major work done on it TWICE since my late 2005 purchase. I will not recommend this car to anyone, spend extra couple of grand and get something better.

The warranty.

Almost Perfect
By T Moores

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving my Reno for just over a year. The more I drive the more I respect this car. What's not to like? Consumer Reports doesen't like it. I used CR for years to research items. Their review of this car is wayy off. This is a darn good commuter vehicle. It's solid, safe, has a comfy ride, and is nice to look at. The warranty is one of the best things about it.

The speed controled steering and stereo controls on the steering wheel.

127 HP is adequate, but it handles well enough to bump up to 150HP. My highway driving gets 28-30 MPG, depending on how hard I drive. I'd like to see the gas mileage improved.

Excellent vehicle
By Charles E. Smith

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Since we have had this vehicle I don't know why we didn't buy one sooner. It has great acceleration, break stoping power, and has a very smooth ride. It corners easily.

4 airbags and all the features that you would not get in another car unlesss you paid dearly for them.

To early too suggest.

Suszki Reno's water pump problems
By Suszuki problems

2005 Suzuki Reno LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At 4,000 miles, less than 6 months old, the timing belt went out because of a faulty water pump. My car had major motor damage and spent three weeks in the shop and Suzuki knew of the problem and refused to recall the Reno. Now I can not trust the vehicle.

It drove very nicely prior to this.

Suzuki should have recalled the vehicle prior to it stopping in the middle of the street and causing so much damage to the engine. Do not put the water pump with the timing chain.