2005 Suzuki Reno - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Reno model:
Great Commuter
By golf4frek on 09/12/05 14:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car that is inexpensive and fun to drive! If you're looking for an inexpensive / economical yet stylish little car I highly recommend it Mileage has been about 30 in combined highway / city driving and as high as 33 in straight highway. That's not to shabby. Power is average but adequate and I concur with the professional reviewers that recommend the 5 speed over the automatic, it couples the power to the wheels much better than the auto. Styling does turn some heads and I've been asked about it from a few people. Interior is good and functional. List of standard features is great but has no cruise control standard which is strange. I'm pleased, this is a great commuter car.

Why I DIDN'T get a Reno
By DC on 08/26/05 20:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Although I was impressed with the Reno LX's ride, features, performance, and quiet cabin, the following items turned me away. 1. Very weak AC, which I found in all three Renos I drove. Sub-par at best. 2. Poorly designed sunroof operation, with no "one-touch" closing, requiring you to keep a finger on the button and your eyes on the sunroof as it closes, meaning having to take your eyes off the road to make sure it stops and seals where it should instead of going into vent mode. Frustrating, and a safety hazard while driving. 3. Tight rear storage. Not enough lateral room for my guitar cases without putting seatbacks down. That means no passengers. 4. Sub-par gas mileage No thanks.

Great Car
By tikirob on 08/02/05 13:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been great. The ride is quite an smooth and the build quility is high. The seats are very comfortable.

Great Car, Buy it!
By Buy it !!! on 07/29/05 01:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno LX 4dr Hatchback w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

OK guys here's the story and the word from someone who knows. Listen up, this is a fantastic car. It has tons of standard upgrades that other cars makers charge an arm and a leg for. It handles great, looks very European and very cool, and it comes with a CD/MP3 player 8 speaker system - standar ! I highly recommend getting the 5-speed manual transmission over automatic. The manual will give you more power, more control, and it's a heck of lot quieter than the automatic. Take my word for it, you'll love the car. I looked at the Honda Civic, Hyundai, and the Scion tC; and The Suzuki Reno beats them all hands down. The quality is second to none. That's the story and the word.

The best car ever!
By Johana Flores on 06/20/05 16:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno LX 4dr Hatchback w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this vehicle for about seven months, and they have been great! The car handles beautifully and I love the sound of the engine reving up. In the city I cant drive so fast but on a recent trip to Las Vegas I had fun! Handles curves nicely, great on inclines, and great mileage for gas!

Great looking, but whatsup with the a/c?
By fastdriverNleather on 06/15/05 15:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Nice clean lines easy to drive , even for me being 6ft3.lots of room. this car doesnt wear you out on long road trips . Ive driven it to las vegas from LA, was very smooth, quiet and relaxing to drive. even at speeds in excess of 80mph..

Great Car
By Dave on 06/05/05 12:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car, its fun to drive and looks good as well.

Good buy for the average driver
By Phillip Myers on 05/31/05 13:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my Reno a month ago and have really enjoyed driving it. While not as good as my Focus in the handling department, the ride quality seems to be on par. Once you get used to the not so tight handling, you can have fun in this car. I would recommend the Reno to anyone who wants a comfortable, affordable vehicle for the daily commute. The standard features are awesome, but I would recommend skipping the automatic, unless you like slow acceleration and a buzzy engine.

so far very happy
By winger21067 on 05/29/05 11:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this Reno for about 2 months now and Iam very pleased. Gas mileage is averageing 30/mpg. (thats city/hwy average mixed)My family fits decently. 2 Adults, I'm 6'2" , and 3 kids. Gabriella is still in a car seat also. As for the cars power, you would accually think this car had a larger engine. I've got the 5speed Manual. the only real downfall I've noticed is pedal spacing. I have trouble hitting 2 pedals at once. All in all, I'm pleased. This is a far cry better than getting 9 - 13/mpg in my full-sized conversion van. Until gas goes down this is ,I feel, good transportation. Dwayne H.

Great looking, but whatsup with the a/c?
By sweetwolf54 on 05/18/05 04:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I really enjoy this car in just about every department,except the air conditioner. I have had it back to the dealer twice and it doesnt COOL the interior unless its UNDER 80 degrees. Has anyone else had a problem on warm/hot days getting this car cooled down INSIDE??? Im really frustrated..