Used 2005 Suzuki Reno Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki Reno - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Reno model:

Lights Out
By datmo

2005 Suzuki Reno LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car and have only had problems. I had the light harness replace a year ago and just the other day i smelled smoke and poof lights out on a dark back road. Went to the suzuki dealership "same splice pack but the recall was done your gonna have to pay $200." Suzuki has no customer service and besides this my airbags lights have screwed up twice my mastercylinder went my check engine light wont go off ive replaced about everything in my exhaust system to try to get it now i need to replace the catalytic converter

handles nice and can picks up speed decently

Customer service suzuki wont fix there screw ups the recalled splice pack that is melted in my dash would be a good improvement

Deceptive Warranty
By Patrick

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle in hopes of getting an inexpensive dependable commuter car.When driving home one evening the car quit on the interstate.The car was under warranty so I wasn’t worried.I sat in the dealership the entire next day? After a couple of weeks the dealership called and said the serpentine belt broke and caused the timing belt to jump time, ruining the engine.The icing on the cake is that Suzuki refused to cover it under warranty because the serpentine belt is not covered and according to Suzuki it caused the engine to blow up.I disputed called protested, it didn’t matter, that warranty is a teaser, they never expect to honor it.The dealership wanted $7800.00 for a new engine

Standard Features

Honor warranty, better gas mileage

Fun to drive
By M. Miller

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Manual version is very fun to drive as long as you don't mind driving the stick. The car is looking great from behind; very sexy. It has great lines and it feels sleek and "in style" even after 4 years. I recommended it mostly for in-town commute. I drove it from Atlanta, through DC and NY, when I moved up to Chicago. I drive it in Chicago and it fits perfectly here; easy to park, easy to move around on short distances. I don't understand why only 7.2 in Editor's review.

Sleek feeling when driving the manual version. Great design. Excellent audio system. Reliable so far, no problems whatsoever.

A bit more power; I subscribed to bumping the engine at least to 150 hp with a well-adjusted automatic transmission.

Better than it gets credit for
By Ben

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car brand new in Feb. 2005 - now has 105K miles and I've never paid for anything other than routine maintenance (although, routine maintenance is a bit expensive on this one, especially hard-to-find tires!) Best features of this car are handling, and interior roominess for its size (I am VERY tall, and this car is more comfortable to drive than some full-size sedans!) Engine performance is adequate at best, but despite this, the gas mileage is subpar for a car this size. (Mileage IS a lot better on the highway, where I do most of my driving)

Reliable, very roomy, looks cooler than anything else in its class IMO. Hatchback is nice.

A comparable combination of performance and fuel economy to, well, any major automaker.

Suzuki Reno '05 Problems!
By Tom

2005 Suzuki Reno LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought car in 08/2006. Right after purchase the serpentine belt needed replaced. After one month (9/06) the steering joint had to be replaced, I also had an oil leak and the valve cover gasket needed replaced. 11/06 I had to have the power steering system flushed and the fuel emission serviced. 1/07 The following needed replaced: Front strut upper mountings, bearings, and sway bar links. Luckily most of these repairs were covered under the bumper-to-bumper warranty. I had a brake from repairs until 5/08, the power steering sensor had to be replaced along with the drivers seat assembly. I've had some starting and idling issues and now I have a really hard time starting it. No power.

Style and it's roomy. Stereo and cruise control on the wheel. On the drivers side there's a case for sunglasses.

In between the front seats the cubby hole lid could be sturdier. The lach on mine broke in a few months. The mechanical stuff and parts could be better quality.