2005 Suzuki Reno - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Reno model:
Worst first purchase!
By Meg on 07/11/07 17:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I jumped into this car way too fast. I have an automatic and it has to be the slowest ever. My car's nick name is "I think I can" because that is what I feel like when I try to pass someone! I have had my car only a year and a half. This car has been in the shop at least 5 times! My computer has been reset twice already! Then my head lights went... an electrical problem. Also the paint is completely gone off my back fenders! My dealership repainted this once and they refuse to do it again. All the paint had chipped off because of the design.

Buyer Beware
By psgibas on 03/01/07 09:53 AM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is not only poor when it comes to fuel economy, but the technical problems I had with it go beyond my apprehension. I had major work done on it TWICE since my late 2005 purchase. I will not recommend this car to anyone, spend extra couple of grand and get something better.

Almost Perfect
By T Moores on 09/20/06 09:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving my Reno for just over a year. The more I drive the more I respect this car. What's not to like? Consumer Reports doesen't like it. I used CR for years to research items. Their review of this car is wayy off. This is a darn good commuter vehicle. It's solid, safe, has a comfy ride, and is nice to look at. The warranty is one of the best things about it.

Excellent vehicle
By Charles E. Smith on 05/03/06 16:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Since we have had this vehicle I don't know why we didn't buy one sooner. It has great acceleration, break stoping power, and has a very smooth ride. It corners easily.

Suszki Reno's water pump problems
By Suszuki problems on 03/09/06 21:27 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Reno LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At 4,000 miles, less than 6 months old, the timing belt went out because of a faulty water pump. My car had major motor damage and spent three weeks in the shop and Suzuki knew of the problem and refused to recall the Reno. Now I can not trust the vehicle.

Suzuki Reno
By John on 02/23/06 18:14 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Reno LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought the car, I loved it. Specially the one on display which had special rims and tinted windows. I had decided to get a manual but ended buying the auto. I read reviews and the person did not recommended doing this, but to me it's a very reliabable car. I drove it during the snow and it took me to and back from work. The only thing that I don't like is the fact that is not good when it comes to gas.

Reno - Good Car, Little Money
By Beverly O. on 02/16/06 11:43 AM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was apprehensive about buying a small car such as the Reno, but after test driving the Kia Rio and then the Suzuki Reno I was assured that the Reno was the car for me. The Reno out-performed the Rio with its acceleration, comfort, noise level and cost! I love my little Reno. It would be just perfect if only it got a wee bit better gas mileage for its size.

Great Little Car
By redsox8191 on 12/29/05 16:47 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My Suzuki Reno is the second Suzuki I have owned. I also currently own an XL-7. I LOVE this car. The interior is set up great and there is plenty of room for me and the kids. The sound system rocks and the ride is as smooth as silk. The braking with the 4 disk brakes is sharp and the speed sensitive steering is awesome...especially in parking lots etc. The only knock I have so far is the gas mileage isn't great. Hopefully that will improve as the car gets broken in better. I highly recommend this vehicle to those looking for a small reliable car! You can't beat the 7 year / 100,000 mile warranty either!

Great on a Budget
By The Newlyweds on 12/16/05 01:23 AM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We recently purchased a new 2005 Suzuki Reno. We are very pleased with our purchase. We love how quiet and relaxing it was to drive/ride in. The gas mileage is pretty good (30mpg). We also own a '97 Geo Metro so we're big on gas mileage. We were complaining about wanting more room on longer trips and wanting 4 doors. So we very pleased with the roomy interior, safety features, and the hatchback style. The cargo room is something we have been wanting more of and we are thrilled! We can't wait to go on our first camping trip!

2005 Suzuki Reno LX
By KansasCity on 12/13/05 21:54 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Reno LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Hello, I purchased my Suzuki Reno just about a month ago and I have had nothing but great compliments from everyone. If you are looking for a good reliable car this is it. For all the standard features that came with it, it was a great buy. I realy enjoy driving it. For as small as it looks it has a lot of room in the inside. I looked around at a lot of cars , but the Suzuki Reno had everthing that a lot more expensive cars didn't for the very reasonable price. Yes it may not get top gas mileage, but it gets good mileage. I live where it snows and it just snowed a few days ago, it drove and handled very well. All I can say is before you make up your mind on a car, do yourself a favor go test drive a Reno!