Used 2005 Suzuki Reno LX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki Reno - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Reno model:

Lights Out
By datmo

2005 Suzuki Reno Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car and have only had problems. I had the light harness replace a year ago and just the other day i smelled smoke and poof lights out on a dark back road. Went to the suzuki dealership "same splice pack but the recall was done your gonna have to pay $200." Suzuki has no customer service and besides this my airbags lights have screwed up twice my mastercylinder went my check engine light wont go off ive replaced about everything in my exhaust system to try to get it now i need to replace the catalytic converter

Favorite Features

handles nice and can picks up speed decently

Suggested Improvements

Customer service suzuki wont fix there screw ups the recalled splice pack that is melted in my dash would be a good improvement

Suzuki Reno '05 Problems!
By Tom

2005 Suzuki Reno Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought car in 08/2006. Right after purchase the serpentine belt needed replaced. After one month (9/06) the steering joint had to be replaced, I also had an oil leak and the valve cover gasket needed replaced. 11/06 I had to have the power steering system flushed and the fuel emission serviced. 1/07 The following needed replaced: Front strut upper mountings, bearings, and sway bar links. Luckily most of these repairs were covered under the bumper-to-bumper warranty. I had a brake from repairs until 5/08, the power steering sensor had to be replaced along with the drivers seat assembly. I've had some starting and idling issues and now I have a really hard time starting it. No power.

Favorite Features

Style and it's roomy. Stereo and cruise control on the wheel. On the drivers side there's a case for sunglasses.

Suggested Improvements

In between the front seats the cubby hole lid could be sturdier. The lach on mine broke in a few months. The mechanical stuff and parts could be better quality.

Scooter car
By lexie0199

2005 Suzuki Reno Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A practical car, not a head turner, I bought it for just that practical with decent gas mileage. At 79,000 miles there has been no problems, the 5 speed is great and the sound system for the quality of the car is awesome. I don't like the windows, when they are down they vibrate something fierce. Outside of that great little car, and of course I put the spoiler on, lights inside and options that were available. I would buy another one.

Favorite Features

it is a pleasure to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage

Good Car
By Saverio

2005 Suzuki Reno Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this vehicle since February of 2005. It now has over 31,000 miles. It has been great. I put new tires on it 2000 miles ago. I opted for wider tires and it has improved its handling.

Favorite Features

Radio controls on steering and cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

The newer models have less to offer. Suzuki should have improved it not make it worse. Also dealerships hard to find.

Suszki Reno's water pump problems
By Suszuki problems

2005 Suzuki Reno Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At 4,000 miles, less than 6 months old, the timing belt went out because of a faulty water pump. My car had major motor damage and spent three weeks in the shop and Suzuki knew of the problem and refused to recall the Reno. Now I can not trust the vehicle.

Favorite Features

It drove very nicely prior to this.

Suggested Improvements

Suzuki should have recalled the vehicle prior to it stopping in the middle of the street and causing so much damage to the engine. Do not put the water pump with the timing chain.