2005 Suzuki Reno Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Reno model:
Lights Out
By datmo on 12/02/09 08:47 AM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Reno Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car and have only had problems. I had the light harness replace a year ago and just the other day i smelled smoke and poof lights out on a dark back road. Went to the suzuki dealership "same splice pack but the recall was done your gonna have to pay $200." Suzuki has no customer service and besides this my airbags lights have screwed up twice my mastercylinder went my check engine light wont go off ive replaced about everything in my exhaust system to try to get it now i need to replace the catalytic converter

Suzuki Reno '05 Problems!
By Tom on 05/06/09 11:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought car in 08/2006. Right after purchase the serpentine belt needed replaced. After one month (9/06) the steering joint had to be replaced, I also had an oil leak and the valve cover gasket needed replaced. 11/06 I had to have the power steering system flushed and the fuel emission serviced. 1/07 The following needed replaced: Front strut upper mountings, bearings, and sway bar links. Luckily most of these repairs were covered under the bumper-to-bumper warranty. I had a brake from repairs until 5/08, the power steering sensor had to be replaced along with the drivers seat assembly. I've had some starting and idling issues and now I have a really hard time starting it. No power.

Scooter car
By lexie0199 on 07/28/08 08:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A practical car, not a head turner, I bought it for just that practical with decent gas mileage. At 79,000 miles there has been no problems, the 5 speed is great and the sound system for the quality of the car is awesome. I don't like the windows, when they are down they vibrate something fierce. Outside of that great little car, and of course I put the spoiler on, lights inside and options that were available. I would buy another one.

Good Car
By Saverio on 11/12/07 16:52 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Reno Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this vehicle since February of 2005. It now has over 31,000 miles. It has been great. I put new tires on it 2000 miles ago. I opted for wider tires and it has improved its handling.

Suszki Reno's water pump problems
By Suszuki problems on 03/09/06 21:27 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Reno Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At 4,000 miles, less than 6 months old, the timing belt went out because of a faulty water pump. My car had major motor damage and spent three weeks in the shop and Suzuki knew of the problem and refused to recall the Reno. Now I can not trust the vehicle.

Suzuki Reno
By John on 02/23/06 18:14 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Reno Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought the car, I loved it. Specially the one on display which had special rims and tinted windows. I had decided to get a manual but ended buying the auto. I read reviews and the person did not recommended doing this, but to me it's a very reliabable car. I drove it during the snow and it took me to and back from work. The only thing that I don't like is the fact that is not good when it comes to gas.

Good buy for the average driver
By Phillip Myers on 05/31/05 13:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my Reno a month ago and have really enjoyed driving it. While not as good as my Focus in the handling department, the ride quality seems to be on par. Once you get used to the not so tight handling, you can have fun in this car. I would recommend the Reno to anyone who wants a comfortable, affordable vehicle for the daily commute. The standard features are awesome, but I would recommend skipping the automatic, unless you like slow acceleration and a buzzy engine.

Smart Package
By Saverio on 05/09/05 16:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

You couldn't find a better car for less money than the Suzuki Reno. It has all the fixings of a luxury car at an economic price. If you like that go test drive one, pt for the manual transmission. You won't be sorry.