2005 Suzuki Reno - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Reno model:
Excellent Value
By driver003 on 04/12/12 10:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new seven years ago. now have 80,000 miles on it. Only thing that went wrong was powersteering box which I could've prevented. For a "cheaper" value car, man does this top expectations. Has rigidity of a honda body (not so much paint finish though). The most standard features for a better price than any car in its class and best acceleration in class (manual). And this is compared to 2005 compact vehicles. Not best on gas, but fun to drive. I will def. put suzuki and Sx4 on my short list. Don't let people tell you they're crap...one of the highest selling cars in the world just not as popular in USA.

Best small car!
By jayqohardd on 02/04/12 03:04 AM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Reno EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

So my best friend has had her Reno since 2005 so over the years road trips have been abundant! This car is sooo much fun!! I love it more than anything. I am actually about to by an LX for my commute to and from work. The reliability is beyond expectation, I mean, we have put over 200,000 miles on it in 7 years! She just keeps going. Now, the bad thing is that the stereo system in the doors went out quickly, the fact you have to push down to shift from Drive to park, etc.. has made the shifter loose & you have to press the shift towards the driver to make sure it locks in when turning off the vehicle. Other than that I cannot complain!

My little 'Zuki
By Nahjdh on 02/26/10 14:36 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used with 6k miles on it. It now has over 80k and no major problems. Putting a K&N filter, lighter flywheel pulley and a new exhuast turned this car into a beast. One of the few cars I could find in a 5 spd. My wife and I used it as an autobahn cruiser while we were stationed in Europe. Loved the surprised looks on BMW owners faces as we passed them doing 100+mph! We love this little car and plan to run the wheels off it. It has been dubbed "Road Runner" by the wife because it's quick and fun to drive.

Lights Out
By datmo on 12/02/09 08:47 AM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Reno LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car and have only had problems. I had the light harness replace a year ago and just the other day i smelled smoke and poof lights out on a dark back road. Went to the suzuki dealership "same splice pack but the recall was done your gonna have to pay $200." Suzuki has no customer service and besides this my airbags lights have screwed up twice my mastercylinder went my check engine light wont go off ive replaced about everything in my exhaust system to try to get it now i need to replace the catalytic converter

Deceptive Warranty
By Patrick on 08/25/09 17:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle in hopes of getting an inexpensive dependable commuter car.When driving home one evening the car quit on the interstate.The car was under warranty so I wasn’t worried.I sat in the dealership the entire next day? After a couple of weeks the dealership called and said the serpentine belt broke and caused the timing belt to jump time, ruining the engine.The icing on the cake is that Suzuki refused to cover it under warranty because the serpentine belt is not covered and according to Suzuki it caused the engine to blow up.I disputed called protested, it didn’t matter, that warranty is a teaser, they never expect to honor it.The dealership wanted $7800.00 for a new engine

Fun to drive
By M. Miller on 07/03/09 13:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Manual version is very fun to drive as long as you don't mind driving the stick. The car is looking great from behind; very sexy. It has great lines and it feels sleek and "in style" even after 4 years. I recommended it mostly for in-town commute. I drove it from Atlanta, through DC and NY, when I moved up to Chicago. I drive it in Chicago and it fits perfectly here; easy to park, easy to move around on short distances. I don't understand why only 7.2 in Editor's review.

Better than it gets credit for
By Ben on 06/22/09 21:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car brand new in Feb. 2005 - now has 105K miles and I've never paid for anything other than routine maintenance (although, routine maintenance is a bit expensive on this one, especially hard-to-find tires!) Best features of this car are handling, and interior roominess for its size (I am VERY tall, and this car is more comfortable to drive than some full-size sedans!) Engine performance is adequate at best, but despite this, the gas mileage is subpar for a car this size. (Mileage IS a lot better on the highway, where I do most of my driving)

Suzuki Reno '05 Problems!
By Tom on 05/06/09 11:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought car in 08/2006. Right after purchase the serpentine belt needed replaced. After one month (9/06) the steering joint had to be replaced, I also had an oil leak and the valve cover gasket needed replaced. 11/06 I had to have the power steering system flushed and the fuel emission serviced. 1/07 The following needed replaced: Front strut upper mountings, bearings, and sway bar links. Luckily most of these repairs were covered under the bumper-to-bumper warranty. I had a brake from repairs until 5/08, the power steering sensor had to be replaced along with the drivers seat assembly. I've had some starting and idling issues and now I have a really hard time starting it. No power.

Scooter car
By lexie0199 on 07/28/08 08:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Reno LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A practical car, not a head turner, I bought it for just that practical with decent gas mileage. At 79,000 miles there has been no problems, the 5 speed is great and the sound system for the quality of the car is awesome. I don't like the windows, when they are down they vibrate something fierce. Outside of that great little car, and of course I put the spoiler on, lights inside and options that were available. I would buy another one.

Good Car
By Saverio on 11/12/07 16:52 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Reno LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this vehicle since February of 2005. It now has over 31,000 miles. It has been great. I put new tires on it 2000 miles ago. I opted for wider tires and it has improved its handling.