Used 2005 Suzuki Reno Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki Reno - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Reno model:

Ive had this car since my 16th birthday!!!
By shelby

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Overall this has been an incredible little car, especially as a first vehicle. I can turn on a dime, parallel park like a boss and theres plenty of room. I used this car to move into an RV for a few months and all of my clothes/personals including my mountain bike AND 80lb dog fit into this little car. Not gonna say it was the epitome of comfort but I would definitely do it again.

This car gets great gas mileage, especially if you aren't one to accelerate and then brake heavily (about 26mpg on average). There have been some recalls on the headlights but Suzuki fixes it all for free (this has happened twice in he past 5 or so years).

I replaced the original stereo with a Kenwood, and now I can plug in any USB/AUX and it charges my phone simultaneously. I only gave the technology 3 stars because I use my phone for all that (navigation/bluetooth) and didn't want to skew the rating unfairly.

MONEY EATER
By christopher pimentel

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

people should know that they need to look for a different car

Excellent Value
By driver003

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new seven years ago. now have 80,000 miles on it.
Only thing that went wrong was powersteering box which I could've prevented.
For a "cheaper" value car, man does this top expectations.
Has rigidity of a honda body (not so much paint finish though).
The most standard features for a better price than any car in its class and best acceleration in class (manual).
And this is compared to 2005 compact vehicles.
Not best on gas, but fun to drive.
I will def. put suzuki and Sx4 on my short list.
Don't let people tell you they're crap...one of the highest selling cars in the world just not as popular in USA.

Power locks, windows, heated mirrors, a/c, 8 speaker sound system all come standard. No other cars in its class in 2005 had all that standard. Macphearson Struts

They don't make it anymore...Sx4 is the improvement which is a good one. For 2005 though, paint job looks great, but lacks durability and scratches quite easily. Maybe I didn't wax it enough. For the price of 11,900 for a brand new one who the hell cares though.

Best small car!
By jayqohardd

2005 Suzuki Reno EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

So my best friend has had her Reno since 2005 so over the years road trips have been abundant!
This car is sooo much fun!! I love it more than anything. I am actually about to by an LX for my commute to and from work. The reliability is beyond expectation, I mean, we have put over 200,000 miles on it in 7 years!
She just keeps going. Now, the bad thing is that the stereo system in the doors went out quickly, the fact you have to push down to shift from Drive to park, etc.. has made the shifter loose & you have to press the shift towards the driver to make sure it locks in when turning off the vehicle. Other than that I cannot complain!

My little 'Zuki
By Nahjdh

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used with 6k miles on it. It now has over 80k and no major problems. Putting a K&N filter, lighter flywheel pulley and a new exhuast turned this car into a beast. One of the few cars I could find in a 5 spd. My wife and I used it as an autobahn cruiser while we were stationed in Europe. Loved the surprised looks on BMW owners faces as we passed them doing 100+mph! We love this little car and plan to run the wheels off it. It has been dubbed "Road Runner" by the wife because it's quick and fun to drive.

steering wheel controls,sound system, amazing amount of standard features compared to the competition, warranty, price and value

wish it got a bit better mpg from the 4 banger, then again I drive it like I stole it