Snap one up while you can
By unclerolly on
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport SLS 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
I had a 2004 BMW 330XI that was killing me in repair costs. I went back and forth on the Kizashi for so long and I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger. After six weeks of ownership I have really enjoyed he car. Distinctive exterior styling, plush, comfortable interior, fun to drive, great build quality. The car is so well engineered and it's clear a lot of thought went into everything right down to the tactile feedback of control buttons on the steering wheel and center stack console. Normally you have to spend at least twice this much money to drive something so rare. Don't get me wrong this is not a high end Mercedes or an exotic but it's a lot of car for under $30k that nobody has.
Favorite Features
Suspension, supportive, comfortable and attractive seats (I drive lots of miles for work and get very little fatigue after hours of driving), aggressive "angry hornet" front fascia with unique rear end, simple straightforward controls, some of the most handsome oem rims from anyone, the fact that they put high quality performance dunlops instead of cheap garbage tires that more and more auto companies are putting on their cars, booming rockford fosgate stereo, exclusivity again nobody has one! It's just the perfect package for someone who wants a sport sedan that's not too big, not too small, lots of fun and won't break the bank. I live in Maine and the AWD really puts it over the top.
Suggested Improvements
I think like everyone else who has reviewed this car that it really would have benefited from a turbo or V6 engine choice. I'm not a spead freak but my BMW had about 45 more horses and more low end torque and I do miss that. It's really a shame that their partnership with VW didn't result in getting to borrow their great 2.0 Turbo and DSG automated manual. I don't find the CVT as annoying as many as I've learned with time it's shortcomings can be mitigated with some experience but even as a huge fan of this car I can admit that the VW drivetrain would take this car from niche bargain enthusiasts to an absolute category killer.