Used 2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan

View reviews for a specific Kizashi model:

This car has been absolutely wonderful!
By Bob

2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan Sport GTS 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

You cant buy these cars new. I have 105550 miles on my 2012. I haven't changed a thing except the oil/filter, tires and rear brakes. I plan on driving it to 300000 miles.

Great Car, Company NOT
By Diane Nelson

2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan Sport SLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

We love our Suzuki Kizashi SLS w/AWD ... great handling ... great radio ... comfortable front seats that offer heat in our frigid winter weather B-U-T WE ARE VERY ANGRY THAT SUZUKI WITHDREW THEIR SUPPORT FROM OUR COUNTRY ... Why did they phase out a good line of cars (still sold in Japan)? ... some serious concerns for recalls ... Some concerns over transmission slippage, too ... but it is a relatively well priced sedan which looks really smart ... lots of comments! Even the commercials they had for this car were terrible!

40 000 km review (best car ever owned)
By bigjohn23

2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan Sport SLS 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The Suzuki Kizashi is a very good looking car inside and out. I then started to look at the specs and wow...it had a lot of features (especially for the price and the iAWD system). Not even a single problem so far. The only complaints is the wipers are not the best and the gas mileage could be better, but I mean it is a heavy car that does not get stuck in any snow/ice. It has a wonderful Rockford Fosgate audio system and you can put it front-wheel drive or intelligent all-wheel drive whenever you want with a push of a button. I had 2 Audi A4 Quattro in the past and the Kizashi handles even better. It is basically an A4 (same features, same look), but a lot cheaper and more RELIABLE. You won't regret it!

UPDATE (July 2016/62 000 km or 39 000 miles) : Still the best car I ever owned....incredible in the snow! Very reliable, comfortable, etc. The audio system is awesome. I did not change anything besides the originals tires, the rear rotors and all the breaks.

Snap one up while you can
By unclerolly

2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan Sport SLS 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I had a 2004 BMW 330XI that was killing me in repair costs.
I went back and forth on the Kizashi for so long and I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger.
After six weeks of ownership I have really enjoyed he car.
Distinctive exterior styling, plush, comfortable interior, fun to drive, great build quality.
The car is so well engineered and it's clear a lot of thought went into everything right down to the tactile feedback of control buttons on the steering wheel and center stack console.
Normally you have to spend at least twice this much money to drive something so rare.
Don't get me wrong this is not a high end Mercedes or an exotic but it's a lot of car for under $30k that nobody has.

Suspension, supportive, comfortable and attractive seats (I drive lots of miles for work and get very little fatigue after hours of driving), aggressive "angry hornet" front fascia with unique rear end, simple straightforward controls, some of the most handsome oem rims from anyone, the fact that they put high quality performance dunlops instead of cheap garbage tires that more and more auto companies are putting on their cars, booming rockford fosgate stereo, exclusivity again nobody has one! It's just the perfect package for someone who wants a sport sedan that's not too big, not too small, lots of fun and won't break the bank. I live in Maine and the AWD really puts it over the top.

I think like everyone else who has reviewed this car that it really would have benefited from a turbo or V6 engine choice. I'm not a spead freak but my BMW had about 45 more horses and more low end torque and I do miss that. It's really a shame that their partnership with VW didn't result in getting to borrow their great 2.0 Turbo and DSG automated manual. I don't find the CVT as annoying as many as I've learned with time it's shortcomings can be mitigated with some experience but even as a huge fan of this car I can admit that the VW drivetrain would take this car from niche bargain enthusiasts to an absolute category killer.

Still smiling!!
By jaydee11

2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan SE Leather Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I
only stopped at the dealer for an appointment for an oil change for my Chevy HHR.The next thing I know, I bought a Kizashi!! I love browsing the lots,so my Chevy dealer is also a Suzuki dealer. And there it was! Tucked in between a bunch of Chevys, a black Kizashi. He says how do you feel about this one? It looks nice I said."Would you like for me to get the keys?" I said yeah,sure. But if I get the keys, you'll have to test drive it! Yeah,whatever I said. MAn, did I have a ball!! He went with me and showed me a twisty backroad which I never knew existed! God does that baby handle great!! I
thought it was the AWD version,that's how great it felt!

My favorite features are as follow.... the 18" wheels,THE BRAKES are awesome!!!I love the suspension..In a nutshell, I like the whole package! Plus,no one on the block has one,which is fine by me.The fuel economy is good too. But I have to get used to the CVT.....It feels mega-slow when I take off,until I look in my rear view mirror,and notice everyone else is WAAAAAAY BACK! I takes off with little fanfare! It's really a wolf in sheep's clothing! Next purchase...A radar detector!! Everywhere I go,it's at least 15 to 20 mph more than allowed!

I think I understand what they were trying to do, but I am used to my cars locking themselves when I take off. I think this probably poses problems when coupled with the smart key system. It's just as well.I have yet to lock myself out,and it seems to be pretty foolproof. I was a bit thrown off at first. I was thinking,if I am driving,and I stop at a light,anyone could open my trunk,so I kept getting out,all the while thinking hat a stupid system it is. Silly me,the key was in my pocket,so of course the trunk will open!! DUH! Maybe they could throw in an auxillary jack as well, that would've been cool!