Used 2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Suzuki Kizashi - Consumer Reviews

2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan

View reviews for a specific Kizashi model:

40 000 km review (best car ever owned)
By bigjohn23

2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan Sport SLS 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The Suzuki Kizashi is a very good looking car inside and out. I then started to look at the specs and wow...it had a lot of features (especially for the price and the iAWD system). Not even a single problem so far. The only complaints is the wipers are not the best and the gas mileage could be better, but I mean it is a heavy car that does not get stuck in any snow/ice. It has a wonderful Rockford Fosgate audio system and you can put it front-wheel drive or intelligent all-wheel drive whenever you want with a button. I had 2 Audi A4 Quattro in the past and the Kizashi handles even better. It is basically an A4 (same features, same look), but a lot cheaper and more RELIABLE. You won't regret!

Favorite Features

sunroof, bluetooth, both front power and heated seats, leather seats, leather power steering, heated mirrors, rain sensing wipers, power everything, fog lights, 9-speakers Rockford Fosgate Audio System. The materials used inside the car is upscale and not cheap like jettas, civics, corollas, subarus and others

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage better wipers

Snap one up while you can
By unclerolly

2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan Sport SLS 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I had a 2004 BMW 330XI that was killing me in repair costs. I went back and forth on the Kizashi for so long and I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger. After six weeks of ownership I have really enjoyed he car. Distinctive exterior styling, plush, comfortable interior, fun to drive, great build quality. The car is so well engineered and it's clear a lot of thought went into everything right down to the tactile feedback of control buttons on the steering wheel and center stack console. Normally you have to spend at least twice this much money to drive something so rare. Don't get me wrong this is not a high end Mercedes or an exotic but it's a lot of car for under $30k that nobody has.

Favorite Features

Suspension, supportive, comfortable and attractive seats (I drive lots of miles for work and get very little fatigue after hours of driving), aggressive "angry hornet" front fascia with unique rear end, simple straightforward controls, some of the most handsome oem rims from anyone, the fact that they put high quality performance dunlops instead of cheap garbage tires that more and more auto companies are putting on their cars, booming rockford fosgate stereo, exclusivity again nobody has one! It's just the perfect package for someone who wants a sport sedan that's not too big, not too small, lots of fun and won't break the bank. I live in Maine and the AWD really puts it over the top.

Suggested Improvements

I think like everyone else who has reviewed this car that it really would have benefited from a turbo or V6 engine choice. I'm not a spead freak but my BMW had about 45 more horses and more low end torque and I do miss that. It's really a shame that their partnership with VW didn't result in getting to borrow their great 2.0 Turbo and DSG automated manual. I don't find the CVT as annoying as many as I've learned with time it's shortcomings can be mitigated with some experience but even as a huge fan of this car I can admit that the VW drivetrain would take this car from niche bargain enthusiasts to an absolute category killer.

Still smiling!!
By jaydee11

2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan SE Leather Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I only stopped at the dealer for an appointment for an oil change for my Chevy HHR.The next thing I know, I bought a Kizashi!! I love browsing the lots,so my Chevy dealer is also a Suzuki dealer. And there it was! Tucked in between a bunch of Chevys, a black Kizashi. He says how do you feel about this one? It looks nice I said."Would you like for me to get the keys?" I said yeah,sure. But if I get the keys, you'll have to test drive it! Yeah,whatever I said. MAn, did I have a ball!! He went with me and showed me a twisty backroad which I never knew existed! God does that baby handle great!! I thought it was the AWD version,that's how great it felt!

Favorite Features

My favorite features are as follow.... the 18" wheels,THE BRAKES are awesome!!!I love the suspension..In a nutshell, I like the whole package! Plus,no one on the block has one,which is fine by me.The fuel economy is good too. But I have to get used to the CVT.....It feels mega-slow when I take off,until I look in my rear view mirror,and notice everyone else is WAAAAAAY BACK! I takes off with little fanfare! It's really a wolf in sheep's clothing! Next purchase...A radar detector!! Everywhere I go,it's at least 15 to 20 mph more than allowed!

Suggested Improvements

I think I understand what they were trying to do, but I am used to my cars locking themselves when I take off. I think this probably poses problems when coupled with the smart key system. It's just as well.I have yet to lock myself out,and it seems to be pretty foolproof. I was a bit thrown off at first. I was thinking,if I am driving,and I stop at a light,anyone could open my trunk,so I kept getting out,all the while thinking hat a stupid system it is. Silly me,the key was in my pocket,so of course the trunk will open!! DUH! Maybe they could throw in an auxillary jack as well, that would've been cool!

Excellent car. Nothing better for the price
By ggms16

2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned and still own a few late Mercedes and Bmw's Even with my german cars experience, I can definitely say THIS CAR IS AWESOME!. Period! Yes, a few flaws, there are no perfect cars anywhere. but for the price you pay, the thing is amazing. Suspension: PERFECT Brakes: ONE OF THE BEST BRAKES I EVER TESTED Driving dynamics: I won't say its a BMW or a Mercedes, but its close, its wayyyyy over what you get from Toyota or Honda, but its still not a BMW... The price isn't either. Steering: Precise and sporty, love it.!

What's that?
By jaydee11

2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan SE Leather Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Well, on the 20th, I took delivery of a new 2012 Suzuki Kizashi SE,Leather Edition, after test driving one for 4 days! I was initially at the dealership for issues with my HHR, so I had time to kill and here I am! The salesman went with me and had me drive on a really curvy country road out here in Kansas...Man did I have a good time!!!We then hit the Interstate back to the dealer...I did a cool 75 mph..til we passed two State Troopers,then I stepped on it....We were at 115 mph before I knew it! I backed off though,don't want a ticket! Well anyway,I bought after reading all the reviews here in Edmunds and decided that I have to have this car. But I will keep posting....

Favorite Features

I'm still getting used to the CVT,but if I have to have one,then definitely with the manual shift on the side!! It really scoots then! The leather is ( for now) European grade!! 18'' twenty spoke wheels and the tight suspension!! Did I mention that I love this car?! 34 mpg,24 in the city!? By the way, I love this car! No one on the block has one and everyone thinks I look cooler in it than my HHR!

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest that they work on their paint issue,otherwise,those few new customers they found will just go elsewhere next time. Make it easier to get the 6 - speed manual,without having to up the ante or jump through hoops. That would make it less expensive and it give everyone what they want.Kinda makes you wonder if someone at Suzuki is sleeping with the CVT manufacturer... Get rid of the SUZUKI on the trunk lid... The "Kizashi" looks great all by itself! And for God's sake,let's have some gas thingies for the hood! Who uses props anymore?