2011 Suzuki Kizashi Consumer Review: Beware of TPMS fees to re-set

2011 Suzuki Kizashi - Consumer Review

2011 Suzuki Kizashi

S Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

Beware of TPMS fees to re-set
By schmoos on

2011 Suzuki Kizashi S 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned this car for 5 months.
I nice ride love the paddle shifters just to have fun.
I travel in heavy traffic to work with light driving on the week ends I average a disappointing 22MPG.

I have had studded tires on the car for most of that time.
When I put my studs on the console lit up and locked me out of my features. The tire pressure monitoring system was locking the dash up.
I had to pay $300.00 for computerized valve stems.
I also found that each time I change my tires out I must pay the dealer $30.00 to re-set the TPMS in the on-board computer. Other servicers (Les Schwab) could not do the re-set.

shift paddles, comfortable seats, nice grill and exterior features.

Put a system in where the owner can re-set the TMPS or at the very least let other service mechanics besides the dealer be able to do a re-set. We found a way but had to go on a forum (full of disgruntled customers) to find out how. Better quality paint. The paint job seems to scratch very easily

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By 8str8rollin
on 08/13/12 20:22 PM (PDT)

Make sure you run your tires at around 40 to 42 PSI, it will improve your MPG's. Also, these engines take a while to fully break in a deliver the best MPG's. Usually after 15,000 to 20,000 miles. Only run studded snow tires when the road conditions require it. For the rest of the year use low rolling resistance all season tires, you will see better MPG's with that as well.