Used 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Suzuki Kizashi - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Kizashi model:

Hot Little Car
By laura5medic

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport SLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have to say I have owned several nice cars in my day and I love to try out new and different models, especially if they have great curb appeal. This one caught my eye as soon as I saw it on the road and I had to find out what it was and where to test drive one at. I was driving a Mustang GT at the time which is an awesome car in itself. This one didn't quite have the GT pep but this old lady needed to chill a bit and this car was perfect. I also owned a Lexus IS 250 and this reminded me of it almost to a tee. Very well made, excellent interior quality and accessories and the exterior is just awesome (I own a Black metallic one). I have had this car 2 yrs now and love it.

Favorite Features

Looks, Quality, Fit/Finish, Pep, Interior features

Suggested Improvements

Tire sensors were a bit sensitive in the cold but soon worked itself out. Needed to know which tire was needing the air.

Terrible paint and warranty
By homer1041

2011 Suzuki Kizashi SE 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2011 around this time last year. From a mechanical and fun to drive standpoint, its great, but the painted metal surfaces are rusting and Suzuki is denying it as a defect, claiming instead that its an environmental. I haven't owned many cars that rusted, let alone with only 6000 miles on them. Needless to say, my good will towards the company is lost and now it will become a legal matter. Its ashame really, as I did whole lot of research before picking this car.....so I really wanted it. Now I'm not so sure.....and who really know's the extent of the rust....it could be encompass the entirely of the unibody. Beware as this isn't an isolated issue, just the responses vary.

Favorite Features

AWD

Suggested Improvements

Seats could offer more lower cushion support and the steering wheel blocks the speedometer in the position I use. Obviously the paint is an issue for me. I won't be buying another as result of manufacturer's response to my situation

Beware of TPMS fees to re-set
By schmoos

2011 Suzuki Kizashi S 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned this car for 5 months. I nice ride love the paddle shifters just to have fun. I travel in heavy traffic to work with light driving on the week ends I average a disappointing 22MPG. I have had studded tires on the car for most of that time. When I put my studs on the console lit up and locked me out of my features. The tire pressure monitoring system was locking the dash up. I had to pay $300.00 for computerized valve stems. I also found that each time I change my tires out I must pay the dealer $30.00 to re-set the TPMS in the on-board computer. Other servicers (Les Schwab) could not do the re-set.

Favorite Features

shift paddles, comfortable seats, nice grill and exterior features.

Suggested Improvements

Put a system in where the owner can re-set the TMPS or at the very least let other service mechanics besides the dealer be able to do a re-set. We found a way but had to go on a forum (full of disgruntled customers) to find out how. Better quality paint. The paint job seems to scratch very easily

Love it, but growing a little weary.
By sjmc

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport SLS 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car because I fell in love with the body style, it had every feature I wanted, and I was offered a fantastic deal. After a year of driving it, though, the little annoyances are pushing me toward trading it. Little things like a radio with an already limited range losing the station a lot. The low tire pressure warning takes over the dashboard but doesn't indicate which tire. The rounded shape of the dash and hood make it difficult for someone of my height (5'5") to judge how close the front end of the car is to something. Because it's so low to the ground, it's either get out and look or risk damaging the car because it won't clear most curbs.

Favorite Features

Body design is incredible and sporty. Dual climate control, push button start, keyless door locks and other luxury features are great.

Suggested Improvements

Better turn ratio for cutting into tight parking spaces. I've been driving for decades and this is the first car I've had problems parking. Better gas mileage for a car this size. I average 26-28 mpg (as low 15 city and 30 highway), and I'm a "green" driver. Tighter steering. It seems like I have to almost constantly adjust the steering to keep the car in the center of the lane. Never had to do that with a car before.

Best Kept Secret
By bannondorf

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport SLS 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned this vehicle for three months now and can say it is probably the best kept secret in the car industry. Safer than a Volvo, as or more responsive and sporty than a BMW or Audi and much less expensive than any of those. For being the best selling car in Japan I am surprised no one in America has ever heard of it, likely do to a non-existent ad campaign. Great Warranty, Fun to drive, turns heads everywhere I go. The quality of the build, fit, finish and all the little details and gadgets Suzuki included are impressive. This car is defiantly worth a test drive even if your looking at its more expensive European cousins exclusively.

Favorite Features

iAWD, Safety features, Leather interior, moon roof, Sports Shift (standard on all Automatic models), performance and handling, Aggressive wheels, Exciting styling, Warranty, Price.

Suggested Improvements

Most are Knit picking. Non-standard odometer numbering takes a little getting use to. Sports shift is a little vague do to the CVT and could use a indicator light on the dash showing optimal times to shift. Kenwood in Dash Nav unit is garbage, many functions don't work correctly and places ridiculous limitations on functionality if not parked and e-brake on, such as placing any call but re-dial or one of three pre-sets. Engine is only DOHC, in a market flooded by Direct Injection and Turbo charged engines using this older tech seems a little off putting, Suzuki could have got away with a 2.0L DI engine and have maintained performance and increased fuel economy.