after one year...
By mtaylor3 on
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
and 15K miles, not a single regret. The car has been completely problem free and remains a joy to drive. If you're looking for a fun-to-drive, economical, comfortable car, then the Kizashi is tailor-made for you. Many people want to compare the Kizashi to the Civic/Mazda3, but Suzuki has in reality created a bargain alternative to the Acura TSX or even Audi A4. Best seats, handling, and build quality of any car I've ever owned. Why Suzuki isn't selling more of these is a complete mystery to me. If folks would give a test drive, I think they'd be shocked at what they can get for their money.
Favorite Features
Great seats. Terrific Rockford Fosgate audio. Simple, classy interior layout with top notch materials and build quality. Eyecatching exterior design that's not over-the-top like the new Sonata, and is likely to stand the test of time. Decent fuel economy (I average about 27mpg city and 32mpg highway). Hugs curves better than my previous Mazda3 or Mazda6, but is equally good at interstate cruising. Engine has enough power for easy merging and passing and is quiet and smooth. Driving it makes me feel like I've been let in on a secret few others know about.
Suggested Improvements
The font for the audio display is too large and should match the font used for the HVAC display. Some aren't going to like the CVT on general principle, but I find this CVT to be quite responsive. For a new model from a manufacturer not previously held in high regard by most people, the Kizashi is quite an achievement by Suzuki.