Used 2010 Suzuki Kizashi Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Suzuki Kizashi - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Kizashi model:

10 out of 10 - Not your typical Suzuki
By ToddA

2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I honestly was looking at Mercedes and Audi, the C300 Sport and A4. In between the two dealerships was the New Sutliff Suzuki. Having owned 2 Suzuki's before I knew they were good, reliable, tough little cars... But what's this big BMW looking car on the lot? After a little deliberating and going back and forth between the Big two I choose the Suzuki. Why? It's just better all around. The lower cost is a bonus. Having the only one in the corporate lot is a big plus. It drives like a BMW (think 2002-2006 3 series), has build quality like a Mercedes (seriously, not kidding around it does) and all the safety features of an Audi A8 (10 airbags, EuroNCAP 5 star-higher than C300)!

AWD that lets you power slide the rear! Really, the engineers are in charge with this car and it shows. Interior design is great, outside looks very Euro. Getting 32.8mpg at 75mph highway drive.CVT takes a bit to get used to, CVT's are more reliable than regular autos. Manual Mode is AWSOME!

Turbo charging. Honestly the engine will never out drive the chassis, it's that good. The Top Tier Kizashi with a turbo would compete more with Ego's of American Exec's than anything else. Getting 32+ MPG in this stylish armour suite is perfect for me.

Great car, feels expensive
By jim

2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Driving off the lot, I could not believe that I had gotten such a cheap deal on a car that drives like a BMW. And I've had BMWs. The interior is excellent, every time you take the time to look around it, it feels like you're in a car that's worth at least 20K more. The exterior is excellent as well, it's a lot like the Lexus IS but has a bit more curves. I really believe once you get in this car, you'll be sold. The problem with Suzuki is that not a lot of people know it, but it's really a well kept secret worth discovering. The only negative thing about this car is the uncertainty of reliability, it looks like it will be a great car as it's solidly built. The 10 year warranty is comfort

Quiet, Quiet, Quiet. The feeling that you're driving a car that's worth 10- 20k more. The BMW style handling. The interior and exterior designs. Car exclusivity. Ability to go over 30 MPG.

I had a very minor problem with the digital display but it was replaced by the dealer. Also, this is a common complaint for people that have CVT but it can be a bit buzzy above 4000 RPM. The car has plenty of power with the CVT after reaching 20 MPH but it's slow off the line in D mode on the shifter

This car has a paint issue!
By Greg Wade

2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Just purchased this vehicle Aug. 15th 2010. I spent 20+mins going over the exterior of this car looking for defects in the paint ( scratches, chips dents ) and nothing was visible. I drove the car home ( approx. 4 km ) and was very shocked to see several paint chips in the passenger side door. The next day I drove this car to work on paved roads ( approx. 70 km ) The car now has several more paint chips. This car most definitely has a paint issue. I am not sure if it has something to do with the coating they applied for me at no cost. I will be talking to the dealership about this, however I have no confidence that they will support me based on other reviews I have read.

Incredible Value
By autopilot

2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

If you want to know what it is like to ride around in a 40K car then try this 24k car. It is very solid, interior is simple with a tasteful design. I can either just sit in or stand outside this car and stare at it. It is so pleasing to drive and it easy to speed due to the quiet and solid ride. I've had it almost one month and have 1400 miles on it. My friends love it as much as I do. The design reminds me of a Jetta or an Audi. I wanted to buy an American car but noting appealed to me. I like the new Buick but that is not in my budget. I feel as if I got all of the luxury features or more expensive cars for so much less. Just drive one you'll see what I'm saying!

Sun Roof, leather interior, power driver and passenger seats, dual automatic air and separate air vents for the real passengers. Back up sonar, rain sensing wipers, no car keys, auto headlights, auto dimming rear view with three remote functions, soft touch dash, 18" wheels, and Blue Tooth

More length in telescoping steering wheel. CVT lag at low speeds. That is all and these aren't deal breakers at all.

Best Vehicle for the Money!
By D. K. Chicago

2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Not much to say here, other than you need to drive this car! Handling is comparable to a BMW, styling is over the top! Price, WOW. 24,695 sticker, paid 21,000 OTD. For the individual's commenting on the paint quality, I agree it may not have the thickest paint coating, but it's very durable. Try waxing your car with a polymer based wax. Performance on this car is great with the 2.4 and 6 spd manual, I did not care for the CVT. Do your self a favor, BUY ONE!!

Handling, performance, appearance. Fosgate sound system rocks!

None! leave the car alone.