Used 2011 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:

Better at some things than other
By hunqapillar

2011 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought a lightly used 2011 GV Limited with 5700 miles on the odo. After two months of owning it and another 1500 miles on the odometer we've discovered what we like and what we don't. First off, we love the looks. We love that it is NOT just another RAV4, CRV, or Forester that everyone else around here owns. Seats are comfortable, stereo is good, standard GPS is a nice touch. The ride is a bit rough but manageable. Rear seat is more cramped and the cargo space is lacking compared to our Forester. Gas mileage SUCKS!! It was a compromise taking the hit on mpg's compared to the Subaru we traded in, but we are not even getting the listed mpg. Mixed city/hwy of 16-17. Good car for the $$.

A lot of car for the money. We got a 2011 used limited for $19k after taxes. I like the GV considering that price. I would not pay anywhere near the sticker price for a new one, especially for a car company that won't be doing business in the U.S anymore.

As I said before, fuel mileage is terrible. I thought the sticker estimate of 19 city and 23 hwy was bad, we are not even getting 18 with a mix of city and hwy. I swear that the gas gauge needle moves off "F" by the time I drive 10 miles. Gas tank is way too small for such a thirsty 4 cylinder engine. Put the truck on a slight diet, give it a slightly more powerful engine, and give it a 5 or 6 speed auto transmission.

2010 Base Model Grand Vitara
By usps_merc

2011 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 3 mo. & 2,700 mi., there's nothing to change my impression that this is a quality vehicle. It drives well, fairly quiet/comfortable, & getting 26.5mpg. The manual is easy to shift. Plenty of room & the side opening rear door is no problem. Too bad the nearest dealership is over 40 miles but no problems at all. Bought as used leftover from former Suzuki dealer with under 100 mi. on odometer. They lost books & nav but it was a steal. I don't miss the options I don't have.

Ride and handling. Good brakes. Climate control. Quiet ride. Reasonable gas mileage. I got what I paid for.

An overdrive top gear--maybe a 6-speed.

Great look,great value!
By johnny89

2011 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV Premium 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

If you want a vehicle thats value-priced,good to look at,and fun to drive,I highly reccomend the 2011 grand vitara.Ive owned mine for 2 weeks and I love it!

Interior space is very roomy.

none