Used 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:

2'nd suzuki
By resp

2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara XSport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Getting 26.1 MPG in my first 3000 miles of mostly highway driving, pretty good for 4WD. I like the standard doohickeys, keyless entry, sunroof, 6 disk cd. Really good price, no competition from its competitors, especially with the 3000 incentive. Bought the SX4 last year, gave that to my daughter, upsized for more room for me.

Favorite Features

keyless entry, sunroof

Suggested Improvements

better interior storage, standard tire cover would have saved me buying one.

Nice mini 4x4
By Ammx

2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I like this vehiche very much, powerfull and strong made desing

Favorite Features

Exterior desing, dashboard, engine

Suggested Improvements

navi system like SX4

Real off-roader
By Alex Povolotski

2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara Premium 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car is a real off-roader in its class. Off the pavement, it beats RAV4, HR-V, Santa-Fe, and probably MItsubishi (though I'm not sure about that one). Besides its off-road capabilities, it's nothing else. Nothing! It's not a road warrior despite of interior creature comforts. I love the interior and visibility a lot but darn it is noisy! It is the engine noise I'm talking about. You can't escape it, especially up the hill. It sounds like another second and the motor will explode out of the hood. You definitely have the feeling that the car is underpowered for its weight and the engine struggles a lot to pull all that weight up hill. Other than that, it's a decent car full of defects.

Favorite Features

Off-road capabilities.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the noise.

My Second Suzuki
By Soldme

2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

With only 15K on the vehicle I can't say much about reliability, but they got everything right the first time. I also have a 08 XL7 with 40K and neither has ever been to the shop xcept for routine maintenance. One of the first things I did was check out the 4x4 capabilities and I was surprised how well it did. My only complaint is not enough clearance and no skid plates. I have seen some complaints about gas milage but I am really happy with it. Although some x-overs may do better it does well for a true 4x4. I am doing better than most people will, ave. 23.5 this winter and 24.7 since the alcohol was removed for the summer. I do drive 95% highway miles. Overall I love it.

Favorite Features

Good visability, ease of parking, New 3.2 l V6, Stability control system actually works well. Nice flat cargo area.

Suggested Improvements

Electric seat adjustment More ground clearence and skid plates. Would like to see tire pressures not just a warning light.

Previous Suzuki Grand Vitara Owner
By leo56

2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara with 120259 miles off the street. Well, I have to say that this vehicle from the start did not let me down. The performance was is fantastic, steering and driving has been an absolute joy especially on overdrive, it takes off like an airplane. I love the Suzuki Grand Vitara so much that I went out and purchased a 2009 model. It has everything I want in a small SUV with plenty to spare. I have not driven my new Grand Vitara yet, but my expectations are greater.

Favorite Features

Favorit features are the leather heated seats, on wheel stereo control, sunroof and the rear seats fold flat.

Suggested Improvements

The cargo space is small, but so is the vehicle. If I wanted more cargo room I would have opted for a larger SUV. The only accessory I am going to miss it the 2-wheel drive option. This is from a fan of the Suzuki Grand Vitara.