Used 2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:

The Lil Truck That Could
By Jon Yankasky

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4dr SUV 4WD w/Hard Spare Tire Cover, Cargo Cover (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

The ride is astounding and the features this car has in unreal. Climate control, all time 4wd, anti lock brakes, tire pressure monitoring system and many others. There is plenty of leg room and head room and the ride is so nice and smooth. I did have the front seats altered. As someone said they were uncomfortable and it is an easy fix. In both seats are three steel rods that can be easily removed and when this is done, the seats are just perfect and comfortable. I also had an upholstery man make a 3 inch pad and add it to the center console and this car is a great comfortable ride. Buy the car/truck. You will not be unhappy.

Climate control, 4WD, ride

Light the controls on the steering wheel.

Our replacement vehicle
By Previous CRV owner

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4dr SUV w/Hard Spare Tire Cover, Cargo Cover (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I wasn't looking at Suzuki at first to replace our 2004 Honda CRV which was totaled after a accident but after owning and driving the Vitara I am quite impressed with its performance and styling, inside and out. The fwd/rear mounted engine is easy to work on, having low range control is great.

Climate control, controllable 4wd, the added fog lamps, v6 engine with 5 speed auto transmission

Aux plug in for ipods, lighted steering wheel controls, available bug guard as a option. A little more padding in the seats, auto dimming rearview mirror with map lights.

The "Zuki" rocks for the price
By zukirocks

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Needed a tow-car for the new RV. Not a huge listing of vehicles that can be towed all 4-wheels on the ground. Looked at the Honda CR-V, Saturn VUE and the Grand Vitara. Loved the idea that we could get a 4WD tow vehicle. Inspected all and by far the Suzuki gave us the most goodies for the dollars. I love the smartkey, the streamlined lay-out of the dash, different lighting in console, auto climate control (south Texas gets hot!) Fun to drive, very responsive. Not sure on the reliability yet. Haven't had it long enough to gauge mileage. Know it's not as good as the CR-V, but it has so many more features, we can certainly live with it. Looks to be a great little vehicle!

Smart key rocks! Dashboard layout easy. Rides nice and high off the ground. Great responsiveness. Seat heaters! Never knew I'd like them until it hit freezing last night! They're great-good for my arthritic lower back too!

More cubbyholes for "stuff", lighted controls on steering wheel, more pep (little sluggish for a V-6, our 4-cyl Camry was zippier). 12-V receptacles in back seat.

Great Vehicle
By sodgod

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara XSport 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I had originally went to dealership to look at SX-4 crossover. Liked it, but wife thought we needed something a little bigger. I agreed, so we decided on the GV. Great driving vehicle to commute to work, great around town and on interstate, easy to park, and holds plenty of stuff. Put in a K&N air filter and averaging around 24 mpg mixed driving. Looked at CRV, RAV 4 and Escape. Went with the Suzuki and thus far no regrets.

The exterior design, steering wheel controls, Smart Key.

Make standard an MP3 aux. jack on the stereo.

Great Mid Size SUV
By PoPPa RocK

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4dr SUV w/Hard Spare Tire Cover, Cargo Cover (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the GV for my wife due to the ever rising gas prices and let me be the first to say "We are impressed!" . I never thought I would ever own a Suzuki, but this mid sized SUV has it all. Now if you are looking for V8 power, buy a V8 but the 2.7L V6 has enough power to get ya' down the road. The GV is loaded with extras that most others charge for! We are getting 17/19mpg in the city and we have not taken a road trip yet. I'll report on that later. Can't complain about the handeling or size I am 6' and I have no trouble getting in or outof the GV. Heck, Just go test drive one and see for yourself. The car sold itself!

Style,Size,Fuel Economy,Equipted with standard features, Fun to drive

Needs Ipod connection, buttons on steering wheel need to be back lit, cup holders need to be a little farther apart.