2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:
Learned to love this vehicle
By grandvitdriver on 12/22/10 05:51 AM (PST)

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV XSport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, an excellent vehicle. Over 85k miles...yep, 85 on an '08...without a serious concern. Stock tires were junk (Yokohama) -- 2 non-repairable flats in less than 5k miles; replaced all 4 w/less than 11k miles. Took me several months, numerous trips to dealer and countless phone calls to resolve the issue of DUST....a true SUV and you can't drive it on a gravel road without be choked with dust? Problem solved (simple!! keep control set to "outside"). I am very pleased with the vehicle. I drive on 35 - 40 miles of scoria (gravel roads) on a daily basis...the GV has held up exceptionally well.

I love my cae
By Rosie Mendoza on 07/09/10 05:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV XSport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

This was my very first car that I have bought. I fell in love with from the beginning I never liked small sedans cause i just think they are too small and I need a lot of room. My car I have taken everywhere I travel at least twice a month to far places and my car was just so comfortable. I can drive 5 hrs on a full tank and I have a lot of room in my car to pack my luggage and my 3 dogs. It would have been great if they had an ipod plug but its ok. Other than that I LOVE MY CAR!

Grand Vitara = Grand Purchase
By sweetaries on 01/02/10 20:52 PM (PST)

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV 4dr SUV w/Hard Spare Tire Cover, Cargo Cover (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first vehicle I ever owned and I loved it. The price was excellent for a brand new SUV (I looked at a 2004 Ford Escape that was the same price as this vehicle). Every drive was smooth, the vehicle gave me no problems, the inside was very spacious (I was able to move to and from college with everything packed inside), and I loved every moment in it.

NICE TRUCK
By jflippy on 11/09/09 11:28 AM (PST)

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

We have this truck about 4 months and it is pretty nice. We have the Luxury model with all the bells and whistles.

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara
By diane on 10/08/09 18:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV 4dr SUV 4WD w/Hard Spare Tire Cover, Cargo Cover (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

We traded my wife's Rodeo for the GV, she wanted something smaller. We spent 2 months researching every SUV on the market. This is a great little suv for the value. Nothing to brag about-just an ordianry suv with limited features. It's perfect for the local driving...

Great Grand Vitara
By Steelers Fan on 09/15/09 14:48 PM (PDT)

I bought my GV after having a SX4 for a year. (Loved that little car) But I was too accustomed to a Grand Cherokee for many years! So after convincing hubby I wasn't totally crazy for trading cars, even he has to admit the GV is wonderful. I mainly do city driving, so yes, the gas mileage isn't the greatest, but not the worst either. I have taken it on a few runs to nearby states, and actually got top gas mileage. And I can fit us comfortably in it and we can look good in the new SUV! I too, would like lit features on the steering wheel, and a rear window that opens would have been a big plus! All in all, I'm very happy with the purchase.(we got a great deal by buying year end!).

Love 95% of this car!
By kltschida on 08/20/09 11:23 AM (PDT)

Being a suzuki owner for the past 6yrs, I didn't hesitate to buy another. I wish I would have looked a little harder though. I got a good deal, but I understand now that my monthly savings on my loan is going straight into the gas tank. Features are missing too... but I didn't miss them until I started reading the other reviews. I didn't mind that the steering wheel buttons didn't light up until I read about it and now it drives me NUTS! I love the size, I can haul a lot inside and tow my camper with no problem. I would recommend to a friend but warn them that gas will kill ya! Nice to read about the K&N Airfilter on the other review, I'll try that! Oh, whats with not having an ipod jack????

soooo fun to drive!!
By dkmc03 on 04/22/09 11:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first SUV i have ever bought and so far, i love it! got rid of my van and bought this, i love being able to whip in to parking spaces with so much ease. Handles great on dry roads as well as in the rain. very roomy, great for my family of four. the back door opening like a regular door is great for getting groceries out with the garage door shut, i could not ever do that with the hatchback door on that van! great family car and i love the way it looks!

Awesome for the field
By arcy on 03/16/09 06:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the SGV for its "bring-it-on" performance and it delivers. Nothing can match the looks and the 4-mode drive-- having AWD and low range-is awesome. The SGV is at home in the city or for light off-roading. Its handling, build, safety, fit and finish are at a par with its closest competitors.

Costa Rica Grande Vitari
By Carl Hallberg on 12/18/08 14:09 PM (PST)

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV 4dr SUV 4WD w/Hard Spare Tire Cover, Cargo Cover (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Hugs the road better than any other car especially in the rainy mountains. Love the constant 4 wheel drive. Gas mileage could be better. Love the keyless entry,

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.