Used 2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:

Great for people with back problems.
By Deena Lincicome

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV 4dr SUV 4WD w/Hard Spare Tire Cover, Cargo Cover (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

In 2008, this Suzuki was equipped with a lot of different features that I hadn't seen in other vehicles. I just wanted a small SUV because it's just me and my son. I'm 5'5 and have extreme back problems and can't stand cars because the pain of getting in and out of them was just too difficult. The GV seat is place exactly for my height. I can just sit and swing around to the front painlessly and effortlessly. The few things I wish it had was an outlet for my ipod, but they started making those even in other vehicles a couple of years later. I wish my steering wheel controls lit up. If I had only waited for the 2009, I see that was standard for it. It would be nice if the rear window could go down so my golden retriever could be placed in the back where's there more room, then in my back seat. My vehicle honestly doesn't use the gas everyone keeps saying it does. It's not the greatest, but it is 6 cylinders and an SUV so I don't know what people expect. In 2015 now, my GV only has 56,201 miles on it, and the kelly blue book price for trading it in sucks. My GV was hit while I was shopping and all they had to do was replace the plastic bumper and side door, which even came pre-painted, but it makes sounds like it was in a major collision, so I get value points dropped for that. It would also be nice to have removable cup holders so I could take them out and clean them. The back seat fold all the way up, but really it doesn't create more room, it would be nice if after folding them up, you could push a button to remove them. Mine didn't come with fog lights and I haven't checked to see how much it would cost me to get them put in. They now have an upgraded stereo system with navigation and all the plug-ins you could ask for and I'm tempted to purchase it, but if it won't upgrade my trade-in value, then I don't see the point....The only thing I don't like about my GV is the antenna. I can't get any radio stations and there's plenty around here.. I didn't have that problem with my honda.

Learned to love this vehicle
By grandvitdriver

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV XSport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, an excellent vehicle. Over 85k miles...yep, 85 on an '08...without a serious concern. Stock tires were junk (Yokohama) -- 2 non-repairable flats in less than 5k miles; replaced all 4 w/less than 11k miles. Took me several months, numerous trips to dealer and countless phone calls to resolve the issue of DUST....a true SUV and you can't drive it on a gravel road without be choked with dust? Problem solved (simple!! keep control set to "outside"). I am very pleased with the vehicle. I drive on 35 - 40 miles of scoria (gravel roads) on a daily basis...the GV has held up exceptionally well.

#1: The drive line --- ESP, anti-lock brakes and traction control are OUTSTANDING, WONDERFUL and highly effective!!! Steering wheel controls; climate control; ATC on radio and location of shifter (floor is much better than column). Front seats are very comfortable. Fuel door release. Storage compartments.

Better MPG; this vehicle should be getting another 2 - 5 MPG (at least). Better job of keeping dust/dirt out of handles and hinges (especially rear door...which I continually have problems with it functioning -- handle moves, but does not engage mechinism to open door; have to use pressure washer to force dust/dirt out, then open door and flush out the INSIDE of the door). More powerful engine; with cruise control set, it down/up shifts virtually constantly -- very annoying and MPG suffers. More comfortable rear seats; rear passengers experience a MUCH rougher ride than those in the front. Need better support from dealers -- they are TERRIBLE! Placement of oil filter!

I love my cae
By Rosie Mendoza

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV XSport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

This was my very first car that I have bought. I fell in love with from the beginning I never liked small sedans cause i just think they are too small and I need a lot of room. My car I have taken everywhere I travel at least twice a month to far places and my car was just so comfortable. I can drive 5 hrs on a full tank and I have a lot of room in my car to pack my luggage and my 3 dogs. It would have been great if they had an ipod plug but its ok. Other than that I LOVE MY CAR!

I love the body style and how comfortable it is. Also the buttons on the steering wheel

they should put a ipod plug on the stereo.

Grand Vitara = Grand Purchase
By sweetaries

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV 4dr SUV w/Hard Spare Tire Cover, Cargo Cover (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first vehicle I ever owned and I loved it. The price was excellent for a brand new SUV (I looked at a 2004 Ford Escape that was the same price as this vehicle). Every drive was smooth, the vehicle gave me no problems, the inside was very spacious (I was able to move to and from college with everything packed inside), and I loved every moment in it.

Inside space, V6 engine, full-power air conditioning, spare tire, and CD player.

Miles per gallon could be improved.

NICE TRUCK
By jflippy

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

We have this truck about 4 months and it is pretty nice. We have the Luxury model with all the bells and whistles.

auto headlights. one touch power roof and windows.

I wish it had power seats and had a bit better gas mileage. Other then that it is a really nice vehicle.