Used 2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Suzuki Grand-vitara - Consumer Reviews

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:

Learned to love this vehicle
By grandvitdriver

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara XSport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, an excellent vehicle. Over 85k miles...yep, 85 on an '08...without a serious concern. Stock tires were junk (Yokohama) -- 2 non-repairable flats in less than 5k miles; replaced all 4 w/less than 11k miles. Took me several months, numerous trips to dealer and countless phone calls to resolve the issue of DUST....a true SUV and you can't drive it on a gravel road without be choked with dust? Problem solved (simple!! keep control set to "outside"). I am very pleased with the vehicle. I drive on 35 - 40 miles of scoria (gravel roads) on a daily basis...the GV has held up exceptionally well.

Favorite Features

#1: The drive line --- ESP, anti-lock brakes and traction control are OUTSTANDING, WONDERFUL and highly effective!!! Steering wheel controls; climate control; ATC on radio and location of shifter (floor is much better than column). Front seats are very comfortable. Fuel door release. Storage compartments.

Suggested Improvements

Better MPG; this vehicle should be getting another 2 - 5 MPG (at least). Better job of keeping dust/dirt out of handles and hinges (especially rear door...which I continually have problems with it functioning -- handle moves, but does not engage mechinism to open door; have to use pressure washer to force dust/dirt out, then open door and flush out the INSIDE of the door). More powerful engine; with cruise control set, it down/up shifts virtually constantly -- very annoying and MPG suffers. More comfortable rear seats; rear passengers experience a MUCH rougher ride than those in the front. Need better support from dealers -- they are TERRIBLE! Placement of oil filter!

I love my cae
By Rosie Mendoza

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara XSport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

This was my very first car that I have bought. I fell in love with from the beginning I never liked small sedans cause i just think they are too small and I need a lot of room. My car I have taken everywhere I travel at least twice a month to far places and my car was just so comfortable. I can drive 5 hrs on a full tank and I have a lot of room in my car to pack my luggage and my 3 dogs. It would have been great if they had an ipod plug but its ok. Other than that I LOVE MY CAR!

Favorite Features

I love the body style and how comfortable it is. Also the buttons on the steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

they should put a ipod plug on the stereo.

Grand Vitara = Grand Purchase
By sweetaries

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4dr SUV w/Hard Spare Tire Cover, Cargo Cover (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first vehicle I ever owned and I loved it. The price was excellent for a brand new SUV (I looked at a 2004 Ford Escape that was the same price as this vehicle). Every drive was smooth, the vehicle gave me no problems, the inside was very spacious (I was able to move to and from college with everything packed inside), and I loved every moment in it.

Favorite Features

Inside space, V6 engine, full-power air conditioning, spare tire, and CD player.

Suggested Improvements

Miles per gallon could be improved.

NICE TRUCK
By jflippy

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

We have this truck about 4 months and it is pretty nice. We have the Luxury model with all the bells and whistles.

Favorite Features

auto headlights. one touch power roof and windows.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it had power seats and had a bit better gas mileage. Other then that it is a really nice vehicle.

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara
By diane

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4dr SUV 4WD w/Hard Spare Tire Cover, Cargo Cover (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

We traded my wife's Rodeo for the GV, she wanted something smaller. We spent 2 months researching every SUV on the market. This is a great little suv for the value. Nothing to brag about-just an ordianry suv with limited features. It's perfect for the local driving...

Favorite Features

Body style

Suggested Improvements

If you want the suzuki product to be sucessful...add the little things that would make it stick out to a buyer (I.E. upgraded stereo, better gas mileage...etc...)